Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Carbon Filter with tent semi open

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,941 Times
    Provided Answers: 23

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    Accustic ducting used for intake ...and extraction keeps noise levels down..as for cool tubes...i dont rate them ..once i used in s groom but still needed portsble aircon for summer..what size is your intake of fresh air my friend if your extraction is 10in ? And what size fans are you using ?? Gramps ..

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Okay lol excuse me for the inaccurate terminology but I will try:

Tent is 1m x 1m x 1.8m with 6" holes and I think one 8" on top.

Carbon Filter (680 CFM) is placed in the back of the tent with the ducting going upwards to the 8" hole into the exaust on top of the tent (410-530 CFM)

Airconditioner is infront of the tent 2.5m away. So Im thinking of taping a 10" ducting (because thats about the size of the a\c shutters) and get it inside the tent from the lower hole in the side (will use an adaptor to change ducting size).

Do I make sense matey?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-03-19)

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Shreder View Post
    Okay lol excuse me for the inaccurate terminology but I will try:

Tent is 1m x 1m x 1.8m with 6" holes and I think one 8" on top.

Carbon Filter (680 CFM) is placed in the back of the tent with the ducting going upwards to the 8" hole into the exaust on top of the tent (410-530 CFM)

Airconditioner is infront of the tent 2.5m away. So Im thinking of taping a 10" ducting (because thats about the size of the a\c shutters) and get it inside the tent from the lower hole in the side (will use an adaptor to change ducting size).

Do I make sense matey?
    Yes but try it 1st for half hr to 1hr and keep an eye on humidity in your tent...if it goes much above 70 on constant ide put it on a timer 30 mins on 30 mins off if the tent temp gets that high you need abigger extraction fan ide say ...hope this little bit of info helps you my friend ...its just a bit of trial and error ...good luck with your tent temps ...gramps

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gramps For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-03-19), Shreder (02-03-19)

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 1

Yes but try it 1st for half hr to 1hr and keep an eye on humidity in your tent...if it goes much above 70 on constant ide put it on a timer 30 mins on 30 mins off if the tent temp gets that high you need abigger extraction fan ide say ...hope this little bit of info helps you my friend ...its just a bit of trial and error ...good luck with your tent temps ...gramps

1 question what lites are you running in your tent ?? 2 x 1000 watt gaviters ???

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gramps For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-03-19)

Thanks

1 question what lites are you running in your tent ?? 2 x 1000 watt gaviters ???

Noo matey its only 100x100cm I use a 600w hps.

With the ducting pulling cold dry air from the a\c I don't think it's gonna be humid bro. but I'll try both ways first will just try to adjust the zip and see if there's any suction, if not then I'll try the ducting way and I'll add 2 clip fans inside the tent, right now got none as the A\C blows just abvove the canopy beautifuly.

But yeah it's a big bushy scrog of 4 plants vegged almost 60 days so you got a point I should watch out for humidity as it's about 60% now with door open and humidity will rise until harvest which is somewhere around mid May

Thank you so much guys

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-03-19)

Thanks

So I have fixed everything and blew some joint smoke into the tent and it seemed like the smoke got sucked into the back of the tent where the filter is.

The wooden box is temporary, I will install a hook with a string on the ceiling and a T adaptor to split the ac into two lines. the other one will go to veg room as it will become a small flower room to my 3rd White Widow with a 250/400w dual spec.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-03-19)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2