Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Upkeeping microbes in rdwc

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Quote Originally Posted by toblue View Post
    Hello all I have been using both Hydroguard and Photosynthesis plus in RDWC.

I have been using PP for some time in coco and love it. I'm now using HG and PP in RDWC, its all a bit haphazard at the moment.

I initially add full strength HG when the system is filled wait a few days and add half strength PP. I then just add a 100ml or a splash of each weekly (or when I remember) for up keep as I add new nutrient solution.

HG contains only Bacillus Amyloliquefaciens @ 1.00 x 10 4cfu's ml. PP contains Bacillus Amyloliquefaciens @ 1.00 x 10 7cfu's ml along with loads of other good bacteria and mycorrhizae.

Dose for HG is around 12 ml per 20 litres at full strength, with no mention of upkeep dose.

Dose for PP is initially 60ml per 20l followed by weekly doses of 30ml per 20 litres.

Any advice on the dose for these two products would be great

Could I drop the hydroguard ?

Do I need to keep on adding or will the population of good bacteria just continue to grow (I don't add sugars to the system)

Would you recommend full strength in RDWC.

Many thanks
    I would drop the hydro gaurd and be reintroducing pp weekly If it says so mate.
    I only used mycorrhiza twice in all throughout the grow once at the seedling stage when they first show roots then 2 weeks after they go into the system, I would introduce lactic acid bacteria weekly though the day after res change. I didn’t really change the nutrients at all throughout veg but did in bloom weekly of course.
    I didn’t do any ph’ing on a couple grows with no worries bud if your going to ph then leave do it at res change and leave it before adding the pp.
    The LAB (lactic acid bacteria) is easy to make but most people prefer the nice exspensive bottles!
    Peace
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

British green (06-03-19), toblue (06-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

Quote Originally Posted by redisiel View Post
    I would drop the hydro gaurd and be reintroducing pp weekly If it says so mate.
    I only used mycorrhiza twice in all throughout the grow once at the seedling stage when they first show roots then 2 weeks after they go into the system, I would introduce lactic acid bacteria weekly though the day after res change. I didn’t really change the nutrients at all throughout veg but did in bloom weekly of course.
    I didn’t do any ph’ing on a couple grows with no worries bud if your going to ph then leave do it at res change and leave it before adding the pp.
    The LAB (lactic acid bacteria) is easy to make but most people prefer the nice exspensive bottles!
    Peace
    Redz
    Many thanks Redz. Looked at the LAB and will get on making some tomorrow. Few questions if you could be kind enough?

1. How much water to rice when making the rice water, is the water cold or warm, is the rice wholegrain or white? Does the milk need to be full fat

2. How long does this LAB store for in the fridge and does it need feeding.

3. What is the dose of LAB per litre to put in RDWC and how often do I dose, what is the daily dose for humans and how often do I dose.

4. You recommend dropping the Hydro Guard and just using Photosynthesis Plus and LAB will this stop root rot (nutrient temps under 23 more likely 18-20)
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

4. The Following User Says Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-03-19)

Thanks

I see GH do one called BM (Bioponic Mix) which contains Trichoderma Harzianum this is supposedly the dogs bollocks when it comes to fighting root rot and other root disease. My concern would be getting it into the system and keeping it alive. Maybe a tube of Bio filter foam around the epicenter inlet would work.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-03-19)

Thanks

Is my thinking correct? Hydroguard contains Bacillus Amyloliquefaciens @ 1.00 x 10 4cfu's ml. Photosynthesis plus contains Bacillus Amyloliquefaciens @ 1.00 x 10 7cfu's ml, does suggest PP contain just short of twice as much colony forming units (cfu's) of the bacterium.

Be great if someone could explain as I don't understand the colony forming unit/ml (cfu's/ml) calculation.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-03-19), tom222 (07-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,310 Times

Default Upkeeping microbes in rdwc

Hay toblue

Hope you get the answers you after mate.
    All this micro living in hydro is way beyond me TBH. Lots of people do have good results just using synthetic nutrients but with the addition of amino acid, fulvic acid’s, vitimins etc.

Am I right in thinking in hydro that by feeding the microbes It just then release extra potassium phosphate, amino acid’s to the plant.

I Do you like the idea of Microbes but I just see more of benefit using synthetic nutrients at the right time when you need them and exactly how much you need to.

Also in synthetic nutrients if you get the pacific nutrients in powder form aswell you can tweak your liquid nutrients at different stages of growth- veg boosters, starter flower boosters and end flower boosters, vitmins. you can really pinpoint precision fertiliser for your plants.

Regarding your root rot problem, In a hydro system I think you will definitely benefit from purchasing a chiller.

Not saying your wrong mate and by the sounds of things you know a lot more than me, just thought I’d get the post Active again . I do like talking about nutrients and feeding regimes, just figured out how to work the speech text on my iPhone LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Toms Iws Flood & drain system using coco. 2020.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...ems-using-Coco

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tom222 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-03-19)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2