Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Decarbing 1 OZ of Weed to get 5.2 Grams of Kieth.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    I made a terrible mistake on weighing out my pills to mg. I got my new scale's today, and these No.2 caps hold any where from 145mg to 186mg. A far way's off from 6.25mg. Sorry, I didn't know my old scales was that bad gone. I have order some No.3 veg caps, so as to cut down on the dose.

The cap by it's self weight 60mg, so they are 85mg to 126mg in the pills. I think the 85mg would be max, so I should cut those in half for normal people. I was wondering why I only got 48 filled, it should been much more than that.
    Elephant stoppers hotshot nice one

That's some tolerance

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

AND (10-05-19), G' (10-05-19), GEORGE (25-03-19), happyjack (10-05-19), Valentina (29-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

Gonna have to give this a go,
    FIGHTING FOR PEACE IS LIKE FU#@ING FOR VIRGINITY

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

AND (10-05-19), GEORGE (10-05-19), happyjack (10-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,201 Times

tried decarbing just half ounce few weeks ago burnt the shit out of it, don't think i'll try that again, I vape bud and bubblehash everyday and ingest oil 4 times daily I really cant imagine I could get any higher

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to happyjack For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-07-19), IceCalibur (10-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Quote Originally Posted by happyjack View Post
    tried decarbing just half ounce few weeks ago burnt the shit out of it, don't think i'll try that again, I vape bud and bubblehash everyday and ingest oil 4 times daily I really cant imagine I could get any higher
    Probably not Happyjack, I am sure you get much more THC out of making some kind of oil as oppose to just decarb weed into Keith, just An really easy way to do it. I can't see burning it up, I'm thinking you using one of those small oven's maybe. I always use my large elect oven, and haven burnt any yet, I hope I don't.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,808 Times

Probably not Happyjack, I am sure you get much more THC out of making some kind of oil as oppose to just decarb weed into Keith, just An really easy way to do it. I can't see burning it up, I'm thinking you using one of those small oven's maybe. I always use my large elect oven, and haven burnt any yet, I hope I don't.
    I wrap my bud in an envelope of parchment paper and seal that on a baking tin with tin foil and decarb at 120C for 30mins.

Having a fan oven, first go and the bud ended up everywhere! Took several cooks before the food was normal tasting again!
    Current Grow (3L coco autos) : Jumper's 2020 shenanigans

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jumper114 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-07-19), Mac (29-07-19), madextrax (30-07-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper114 View Post
    I wrap my bud in an envelope of parchment paper and seal that on a baking tin with tin foil and decarb at 120C for 30mins.

Having a fan oven, first go and the bud ended up everywhere! Took several cooks before the food was normal tasting again!
    The only thing about cooking lower temp's, you don't get the Oils or Terpins at the most correct time frame for them to come out there best. JMO and what I have read about the subject.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

IceCalibur (28-07-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,808 Times

The only thing about cooking lower temp's, you don't get the Oils or Terpins at the most correct time frame for them to come out there best. JMO and what I have read about the subject.
    Thanks hotshot, what temp would you recommend and duration? I am going to try your method this week.

I have decarbed at higher temp is th lst for edibles.

Just waiting on the bits to arrive!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jumper114 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-07-19), Mac (29-07-19)

Thanks

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper114 View Post
    Thanks hotshot, what temp would you recommend and duration? I am going to try your method this week.

I have decarbed at higher temp is th lst for edibles.

Just waiting on the bits to arrive!
    From all that I have read over the years, 240 degrees at 45minutes is the perfect amount of heat and time. That is what I did my first one with, and it turn out perfect. Going to do another oz in A few months of different bud, to see how it does.

This is probably the first time I have ever done anything the first time, and turn out right. It usually takes me several times to get it right. Just one of those things I guess.

Waiting to do my second butane batch of stuff, the first one didn't turn out like I thought it would, but was very good at what I did get.
    Last edited by GEORGE; 28-07-19 at 09:02 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Mac (29-07-19)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2