Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The reason(s) I started growing

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,171 Times

Default The reason(s) I started growing

Curious to hear some people's stories about why they started growing.

Here is mine.

I have been on a quest to find weed that will not keep me awake at night in both smokable bud and oil to eat. An actual sleep aid would be a big plus.

I quickly found that the name the dealer gives the strain does not necessarily match the actual strain. It's obvious when your GDP tastes, smokes and eats different every time you buy it.

While this was very frustrating what finally pushed me over the edge was a wax residue in my beaker after an alchohol distillation. (Turns out decarbed water hash is cheaper, easier, safer and just as effective with the same result.) Leave the labs to the scientists... keep it simple.

Cheers Talkers.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

AND (15-03-19), Bin man (15-04-19), Bud Lightyear (19-04-19), G' (15-03-19), GEORGE (15-03-19), IceCalibur (15-03-19), kencancook (15-03-19), Kurdt (17-03-19), lipnobody (17-03-19), M_C (15-03-19), Tavish (15-03-19)

Macky Guest

My friend grew a couple of plants, northern light and blueberry, in a 60cm Grow tent, used it once and didn't want it any more, so I bought it off him.

Grew big bhuddas blue cheese in it, I consider it my practise crop lol, and was hooked. then my next mate wanted to start growing, he had more space, but no gear, so we went halves on a 1.2 m setup, and split the yield 50/50.

Of course, it was much bigger than my usual yield so I found space lol, and bought my own 1.2 m setup.

Joined the talk then, learned a lot about growing and improved with every crop. Took a couple of years off, moved house, had a 1.2m aclove in a room that was perfect for a 1.2m tent, and got sick of buying shit weed.

Persuaded the wife to let me get the tent out again

Got both tents out the loft, and started growing again, good times. Decided I needed a new. 60cm setup, so gave my old one to a friend so he could grow his own.

Needed a new 1.2 m setup so gave my old reliable to my cousin, to grow his own lol. That tent must have yielded me over 200 Oz in her time! Respect lol

I started in a 60cm x 60 tent, dreaming of the setup I have today lol

60cm tent with 4 inch extraction, t5 or mars hydro epsistar in that for veg and seedlings.

1m tent with 315 cmh for my autos and vegging photos. And a dyson am 02 bladeless tower fan mmmm

1.2 m tent for my photos under 600w hps ( flower tent)

8 plant rotations, 4 autos, 4 photos. The autos are done before the photos, so chop, then pop new ones. smoke them until the photos are done. Chop them, pop new ones, which lasts until the next autos are done..... which last until the photos are done, and so on. Add a couple of extras sometimes, but never go over ten

Perpetual growing constant supply of pukka organic thc talk grown good ness lol

Always something to do to, it's always boring having seedlings lol nothing to do, same for plants in heavy flower, you just watch them. I like the middle stages with the training and topping and all that, good fun.

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

AND (15-03-19), CityDweller (15-03-19), G' (15-03-19), GEORGE (15-03-19), IceCalibur (15-03-19), kencancook (15-03-19), Kurdt (17-03-19), lipnobody (17-03-19), M_C (15-03-19), skunkybudmans (14-04-19), Tavish (15-03-19), Valentina (15-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,884 Times

I'd always had an idea of indoor growing my own but space was my major issue. When autos came along they offered me solutions
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

AND (15-03-19), CityDweller (15-03-19), G' (15-03-19), GEORGE (15-03-19), IceCalibur (15-03-19), kencancook (15-03-19), Kurdt (17-03-19), lipnobody (17-03-19), Tavish (15-03-19)

7. Default

Well my story goes back many, many years now..so going back in time to when I was around 13 years old..

I'd always known about weed from the age of around 11, friends were chatting about it but at that point, I'd never really tried it until I hit 13 years of age and it blew my mind, I didn't have a lot, just a quick toke off someones joint but it fascinated me.

My friend at the time also grew out a seed and said he had planted it in the woods and if I wanted it to go get it..I could have it, bearing in mind I never knew ANYTHING about growing at the time, but as soon as I saw this beautiful plant I immediately fell in love with it, the structure, the look..so 'out of this world'. I potted her up and took her home with me on the train LOL..not a care in the world, however that particular plant died as I simply did not understand how to grow her.

At the age of 13 I went on holiday to a country where they actually have eaten cannabis seeds for hundreds if not thousands of years (illegal to grow/smoke etc in this country), and eating cannabis seeds is perfectly legal and they knew even back then that they were good for you!!..

One family member gave me some money and told me to go grab a bagful of seeds from the local shops and bring it home so we can roast them in the oven with a little salt. I went down to the local shop and gave the guy around £1-2 and was literally handed a whole bag of seeds (around the size of Tesco bags just as an example)..took it to where we were staying, roasted them up with a little salt and enjoyed them ..(on a side note, it's very delicious and I thoroughly reccomend it).

I carried this bag inside a backpack and when I went to take a look inside it later I realised many of the seeds fell out the bag into my backsack..so I decided to grow them out, again fascinated with the structure and beauty of this plant, I wanted to learn and understand how she grew, I planted them in pots inside the house on the balcony, right next to some water running..was causing some high humidty (little did i Know it happened to be the perfect conditions for the plant) in which we were staying LOL..

Fast forward a few weeks (I completely forgot about them) my dad suddenly looks over at the pots and says "what the hell is that!!, why are cannabis plants growing out of the pots"..(which led me to question how he knew what they were, although he was very anti anytype of 'drugs '). Anyway I admitted it was me, the family was thankfully ok about it and laughed it off, of course they all got removed though.

Right before we left the country to go home, I think it was actually the day before..I took the remaining seeds (must have been around 300-400 seeds) went into a local park, with sprinkler systems etc and just threw them all over..I just wanted them to grow!!

I was told by family members, that massive amounts of cannabis plants had suddenly popped up over the next couple of months and the police were dumb founded as to how they got there...I never said a word

When I got home, after a few weeks I looked into my backpack and found 1 seed left, right in the corner of the packpack..I germinated her and had her in my cupboard with a 60w lightbulb thinking she would grow out..all the while truly fascinated by her beauty and structure..of course she never survived.

Many years later I researched the plant and when I was in a position I started growing, and as I mentioned before in another thread..if I never even used cannabis personally..I would always want to grow it, I absolutely love growing her (and many other plants).

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

AND (15-03-19), CaptainChronic (18-03-19), CityDweller (15-03-19), G' (15-03-19), GEORGE (15-03-19), kencancook (15-03-19), M_C (15-03-19), Tavish (15-03-19), Valentina (15-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

I worked in a sector where I absolutely could not grow myself but have started a lot of people off in my time...always been envious of people growing as I've smoked for 35+ years and its cost me a bastard fortune...finally got out of that sector & the property that went with it sooo...here I am

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (15-03-19), G' (15-03-19), GEORGE (15-03-19), IceCalibur (15-03-19), kencancook (15-03-19), Kurdt (17-03-19), lipnobody (17-03-19), M_C (15-03-19), skunkybudmans (14-04-19), Tavish (15-03-19), Valentina (15-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,472 Times

Was back when I was around 14 I had an older friend who always grew weed his parents didn't care less never questioned him. He showed me the ropes and we did an outdoor grow we dug a big hole and sunk a big blue plastic barrel into it with glass over the top it grew really fast and healthy turned out to be male but that was it for me I was hooked I'd find myself collecting seeds from people's rolling trays and just planting them anywhere I thort was worthy. None survived but I caught the growing bug rite then...

Sent from my 8050D using Tapatalk

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kencancook For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (15-03-19), GEORGE (15-03-19), lipnobody (17-03-19), Tavish (15-03-19), Valentina (15-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Well my story goes back many, many years now..so going back in time to when I was around 13 years old..

I'd always known about weed from the age of around 11, friends were chatting about it but at that point, I'd never really tried it until I hit 13 years of age and it blew my mind, I didn't have a lot, just a quick toke off someones joint but it fascinated me.

My friend at the time also grew out a seed and said he had planted it in the woods and if I wanted it to go get it..I could have it, bearing in mind I never knew ANYTHING about growing at the time, but as soon as I saw this beautiful plant I immediately fell in love with it, the structure, the look..so 'out of this world'. I potted her up and took her home with me on the train LOL..not a care in the world, however that particular plant died as I simply did not understand how to grow her.

At the age of 13 I went on holiday to a country where they actually have eaten cannabis seeds for hundreds if not thousands of years (illegal to grow/smoke etc in this country), and eating cannabis seeds is perfectly legal and they knew even back then that they were good for you!!..

One family member gave me some money and told me to go grab a bagful of seeds from the local shops and bring it home so we can roast them in the oven with a little salt. I went down to the local shop and gave the guy around £1-2 and was literally handed a whole bag of seeds (around the size of Tesco bags just as an example)..took it to where we were staying, roasted them up with a little salt and enjoyed them ..(on a side note, it's very delicious and I thoroughly reccomend it).

I carried this bag inside a backpack and when I went to take a look inside it later I realised many of the seeds fell out the bag into my backsack..so I decided to grow them out, again fascinated with the structure and beauty of this plant, I wanted to learn and understand how she grew, I planted them in pots inside the house on the balcony, right next to some water running..was causing some high humidty (little did i Know it happened to be the perfect conditions for the plant) in which we were staying LOL..

Fast forward a few weeks (I completely forgot about them) my dad suddenly looks over at the pots and says "what the hell is that!!, why are cannabis plants growing out of the pots"..(which led me to question how he knew what they were, although he was very anti anytype of 'drugs '). Anyway I admitted it was me, the family was thankfully ok about it and laughed it off, of course they all got removed though.

Right before we left the country to go home, I think it was actually the day before..I took the remaining seeds (must have been around 300-400 seeds) went into a local park, with sprinkler systems etc and just threw them all over..I just wanted them to grow!!

I was told by family members, that massive amounts of cannabis plants had suddenly popped up over the next couple of months and the police were dumb founded as to how they got there...I never said a word

When I got home, after a few weeks I looked into my backpack and found 1 seed left, right in the corner of the packpack..I germinated her and had her in my cupboard with a 60w lightbulb thinking she would grow out..all the while truly fascinated by her beauty and structure..of course she never survived.

Many years later I researched the plant and when I was in a position I started growing, and as I mentioned before in another thread..if I never even used cannabis personally..I would always want to grow it, I absolutely love growing her (and many other plants).
    Fantastic story there Ice brother you have a way with words mukka. well my reason for starting to grow is quite simple, the wife suffers from a condition known as Dystonia and has two types of this condition, one is a constant head tremor the other is a sudden onset of an attack whereby her whole body shakes as all of her muscles go into spasm and very painful the attacks can last from 2/3 minutes to 10/15 minutes no amount of pharma' drugs have helped in any way and she has always been dead against any type of illegal drugs but after many years of suffering and relentless persuasion by me and my son she finally gave in and tried a joint on the onset of an attack BINGO 4 or 5 good tokes off of the joint and the violent shaking and muscle spasms started to subside half way through the joint she was totally at ease "Mon natures finest healer" so now i always have ready rolled J's at her bedside ready for the onset of an attack and she also has one each night to help her sleep, well that's why i grow guys i don't smoke much myself because we both suffer from disabilities so i have to drive every day and the last thing i need is to loose my licence, all the the best talkers, G'.
    FIGHTING FOR PEACE IS LIKE FU#@ING FOR VIRGINITY

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (15-03-19), GEORGE (15-03-19), IceCalibur (15-03-19), Kurdt (17-03-19), lipnobody (17-03-19), riot (17-03-19), skunkybudmans (14-04-19), Tavish (15-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,472 Times

Quote Originally Posted by G' View Post
    Fantastic story there Ice brother you have a way with words mukka. well my reason for starting to grow is quite simple, the wife suffers from a condition known as Dystonia and has two types of this condition, one is a constant head tremor the other is a sudden onset of an attack whereby her whole body shakes as all of her muscles go into spasm and very painful the attacks can last from 2/3 minutes to 10/15 minutes no amount of pharma' drugs have helped in any way and she has always been dead against any type of illegal drugs but after many years of suffering and relentless persuasion by me and my son she finally gave in and tried a joint on the onset of an attack BINGO 4 or 5 good tokes off of the joint and the violent shaking and muscle spasms started to subside half way through the joint she was totally at ease "Mon natures finest healer" so now i always have ready rolled J's at her bedside ready for the onset of an attack and she also has one each night to help her sleep, well that's why i grow guys i don't smoke much myself because we both suffer from disabilities so i have to drive every day and the last thing i need is to loose my licence, all the the best talkers, G'.
    That's amazing man unbelievable how prescription drugs do fuck all but but harm ya body or get ya hooked or some shit... Cannabis the heeling plant saves all lol

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kencancook For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (15-03-19), G' (15-03-19), GEORGE (15-03-19), lipnobody (17-03-19), skunkybudmans (14-04-19), Tavish (15-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

Quote Originally Posted by kencancook View Post
    That's amazing man unbelievable how prescription drugs do fuck all but but harm ya body or get ya hooked or some shit... Cannabis the heeling plant saves all lol

Yeah brother that's the reason these big pharma companies and the government don't want Joe public to know the health benefits that cannabis has and at every opportunity give it bad press, but through social media people are getting their eyes opened to it's benefits, police in my local area know a lot of people are growing and show no interest as long as it's for percy and have been known to say they would wrather have a bunch of guys sitting in someones house smoking weed all night than a bunch of guys sitting drinking Vodka, with beer and lager etc' because they know the results of binge drinking only too well, Mon the ganja

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (15-03-19), GEORGE (15-03-19), IceCalibur (15-03-19), kencancook (15-03-19), lipnobody (17-03-19), riot (17-03-19), Tavish (15-03-19)

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by G' View Post

Thanks G bro, that's very kind of you..I like to write how I talk so perhaps flows the same

Really sorry to hear about your wifes condition but sounds like she has at the very least two very loving and caring people around her, you and your son..really great to hear that she tried it and it actually worked for her and has helped her!..your reason for growing for me is the BEST reason, just a shame decent people like you and everyone else have to do in 'the dark' ...maybe one day they will come to there senses and change the laws and it will finally be as it should...as nature intended!

You're absolutely right about the big pharma companies..they have so much to lose, but hopefully now the world is slowly changing they won't have a grip on their lies and propganda as the truth starts showing itself and people actually start seeing the reality of it all.. and things start to change. Keep on doing your thing bro

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

AND (17-03-19), CityDweller (15-03-19), G' (15-03-19), GEORGE (15-03-19), kencancook (15-03-19), lipnobody (17-03-19), Tavish (15-03-19)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast