Provided Answers: 23

Default Answered: Up to 90% RH when lights off

Hey guys
    Flower day 23
    Temps 23c lights on \ 19c lights off
    RH 60% lights on \ 70-80% lights off

But tonight the groom hit 90% during lights off,

So I was thinking of putting a small blow heater like this one:

Will this help at all? Also I've always maintained a 5 celsius difference between lights on and off temp, so in case lights off will be equal or higher than lights on temps, is this going to effect yields and quality?

Thanks everybody

2. "
    Quote Originally Posted by Shreder View Post
    Not for now matey unless I really need it. they expensive as hell so I have 3-4 weeks until I have to buy one.. anyway with adjusting the A\C position I was able to get the groom to as low as 55%. My previous grow I was at 60-65% RH with a turbo tower fan blowing with tent open and it went A OK.. not saying this time it wil, different strains as well.. but dehumid is my last resort right now..

For now its just nighttime humidity.. I guess because it rained a couple of days ago.. and my fella indoor matey in my city said during summer maybe humidity rises but in my case it's probably humid walls so when it gets hotter the walls will dry out and stabalize the rh. he is correct. we had likage and mould in this room which we fixed before starting this run, and yes I know this is even worse. still dehumid is $400 for a 10L one over here.

So time will tell.. on April it gets hot..
    your not even into late flower with heavy buds mate and your at 90% RH, i think you really need it pmsl

you can extract all you want with bigger 12inch rvk full pelt and 50 fans in there movin air about but if the RH outside the tent is already high it aint gona do jack mukka. "

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-03-19), Sadface (15-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times
    Provided Answers: 176

you gona end up with rot matey, didnt you go down the dehumidifier route then? you gona need one.

heater will help bring it down a little

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-03-19), M_C (15-03-19), Sadface (15-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,941 Times

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    you gona end up with rot matey, didnt you go down the dehumidifier route then? you gona need one.

heater will help bring it down a little
    Not for now matey unless I really need it. they expensive as hell so I have 3-4 weeks until I have to buy one.. anyway with adjusting the A\C position I was able to get the groom to as low as 55%. My previous grow I was at 60-65% RH with a turbo tower fan blowing with tent open and it went A OK.. not saying this time it wil, different strains as well.. but dehumid is my last resort right now..

For now its just nighttime humidity.. I guess because it rained a couple of days ago.. and my fella indoor matey in my city said during summer maybe humidity rises but in my case it's probably humid walls so when it gets hotter the walls will dry out and stabalize the rh. he is correct. we had likage and mould in this room which we fixed before starting this run, and yes I know this is even worse. still dehumid is $400 for a 10L one over here.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-03-19)

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 8

Mate

I had this issue and it helped when I up rated my extraction and then moved my intake from outside air to inside with a decent fan. This helped a bit and brought things into range.

Try to think about intake and speed of extraction also get some silicon in if your not using already this will help as those levels are so high don’t leave anything to chance

Good luck

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WWBB For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-03-19), Sadface (15-03-19)

Thanks

your not even into late flower with heavy buds mate and your at 90% RH, i think you really need it pmsl

you can extract all you want with bigger 12inch rvk full pelt and 50 fans in there movin air about but if the RH outside the tent is already high it aint gona do jack mukka.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-03-19), M_C (15-03-19), Sadface (15-03-19), WF420 (16-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,876 Times
    Provided Answers: 510

As Joker states, without the intervention of machinery you will never reduce below ambient RH
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-03-19), joker_the_smoker (15-03-19), Sadface (15-03-19), WF420 (16-03-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    As Joker states, without the intervention of machinery you will never reduce below ambient RH
    give it couple weeks there be a "is this the dreaded" thread

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-03-19), M_C (15-03-19), Sadface (15-03-19), WF420 (16-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,941 Times

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    give it couple weeks there be a "is this the dreaded" thread
    well... i guess i will need it, just delaying it as much as possible. anyway i veg in the same room for a week more at least. god darn the humidity

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-03-19), joker_the_smoker (15-03-19), Sadface (15-03-19)

Thanks

well... i guess i will need it, just delaying it as much as possible. anyway i veg in the same room for a week more at least. god darn the humidity

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
    i hear you brother its gona cost couple pennys for the dehumidifer but it will last you years an years mate, plus it will only need run during lights off unless rh near late flower is high during lights on. longer you delay it will increase your chances of loosing the whole crop later, i have seen it happen mate

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Dr Green (18-03-19), GEORGE (16-03-19), M_C (15-03-19), Sadface (15-03-19), WF420 (16-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,416 Times
    Provided Answers: 22

Where in the world are you shredder don't think I've ever seen 90% rh in my room

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sadface For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-03-19)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast