Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Silver bullet and Buddhas Tree meta boost

Thanks

Default Silver bullet and Buddhas Tree meta boost

i was running a live RDWC system but some how ended with root rot, res temps where good 17.5-19.5 it is what is is. So for the rest of this run if they pull through (don't look to bad i caught it early) ill be using silver bullet and hygrozyme to clear it up/keep it at bay. I already have nutrients most of of which i'm fairly sure i can run along side silver bullet. The only one i'm struggling to find info on is Buddhas tree advanced meta boost any one shed some like or had any experience using it with H2O2 products?

Thanks BBB

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BigBudsB For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

Best of luck mate I did it opposite way on and started with Silver Bullet then switched to live, initially with Hydroguard and now with TNC Bactorr S13. Silver Bullet didn't stop or even help the rot for me.

Not sure on this one mate but I don't think you are supposed to put enzymes in your system, can't remember why.
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

4. The Following User Says Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-03-19)

Thanks

This is what I have read elswhere.

Adding enzymes to RDWC is a problem waiting to happen. Plants are exuding sugars from their roots into the nutrient solution during the growing cycle. Many enzymes contain or produce a byproduct of alcohol which when in solution with the root exudate (sugars) causes fermentation. This can develop into other issues which are less than favorable in RDWC.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

BigBudsB (22-03-19), GEORGE (22-03-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toblue View Post

Adding enzymes to RDWC is a problem waiting to happen. Plants are exuding sugars from their roots into the nutrient solution during the growing cycle. Many enzymes contain or produce a byproduct of alcohol which when in solution with the root exudate (sugars) causes fermentation. This can develop into other issues which are less than favorable in RDWC.
    toubele right now that exactly what i wanted and didn't want to here. i always had it that enzymes broke down dead roots into sugars and that the bacteria then fed off that. if your right this is where all my problems have started. i am currently completely flushing my res filling it one end and emptying it another so its constantly fresh water running through. i hope to do this 3 x the system size hopefully removing all h2o2 and all of the enzymes i will then re fill the system and recolonise with bennies. fingers crossed

Thanks for all the help

BBB

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BigBudsB For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-03-19)

Thanks

So with that done, i am now questioning everything i have ever known about DWC. Do you run a root stim?? If so which one? Also do you run a boost one with seaweed extract?? or does this count as organic and shouldn't be used in DWC. How about silica? cause i'm wondering if iv been using shit i should of been using the whole time and just some how making it through. i mean the results have been great in quality and in yield.

fingers crossed i make it out of this one with something to smoke.

you got any journals on here?

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BigBudsB For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (22-03-19), GEORGE (23-03-19), toblue (22-03-19), tom222 (22-03-19)

Thanks

I'm no expert on RDWC mate as I have just started DWC after a few years in coco but I am learning real quick. I think the addition of TNC Bactorr will be just as good as any root stim but I do still use it at the moment, just because I have some left.

I made a microbe tea with the TNC Bactorr but it is easier just to add it as directed on the bag, Saying that I was so impressed with the tea I will definitely brew it again it is so easy and cheap. When I dosed with the tea I saw an improvement within 24 hours and within 48 hours there was a significant improvement. I watered an old tired mother plant with pure undiluted tea and she now looks like a young fresh faced young lady again, thinking of making my missus drink a gallon or two

I'm running Canna boost as it does not contain any extra nutrients to mess with my base.

My main problems have come with over feeding I think 1.2 is probably the max I will go to in full flower.

Someone who knows far more than I do about RDWC told me the 3 most important things in DWC are 1. Ph 2.Ph 3. Ph.
    Last edited by toblue; 23-03-19 at 12:13 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

BigBudsB (24-03-19), GEORGE (23-03-19)

Thanks

I'm no expert on RDWC mate as I have just started DWC after a few years in coco but I am learning real quick. I think the addition of TNC Bactorr will be just as good as any root stim but I do still use it at the moment, just because I have some left.

I made a microbe tea with the TNC Bactorr but it is easier just to add it as directed on the bag, Saying that I was so impressed with the tea I will definitely brew it again it is so easy and cheap. When I dosed with the tea I saw an improvement within 24 hours and within 48 hours there was a significant improvement. I watered an old tired mother plant with pure undiluted tea and she now looks like a young fresh faced young lady again, thinking of making my missus drink a gallon or two

I'm running Canna boost as it does not contain any extra nutrients to mess with my base.

My main problems have come with over feeding I think 1.2 is probably the max I will go to in full flower.

Someone who knows far more than I do about RDWC told me the 3 most important things in DWC are 1. Ph 2.Ph 3. Ph.
    I ordered some TNC bactorr last night the s13 one?? hopefully that's right its what was on the picture you posted on my other thread.

How are you brewing the microbe tea what is the recipe cause i might give that ago and dose them as soon as.

you say 1.2 is the highest you will go just out of curiosity are you running R/O if not whats your background EC?

thanks for all the help on both posts. as it stands the ladies looked as though they where picking up fingers crossed,

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BigBudsB For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-03-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BigBudsB View Post
    you say 1.2 is the highest you will go just out of curiosity are you running R/O if not whats your background EC?
    My background tap water is very soft and is around 0.2 or sometimes it doesn't even register on the truncheon. I'm sure some plants would take 1.3 or 4 but as soon as I have fed at this their intake of water drops dramatically. It's strange but even the difference of one point can make them stop drinking.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

BigBudsB (25-03-19), GEORGE (24-03-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BigBudsB View Post
    I ordered some TNC bactorr last night the s13 one?? hopefully that's right its what was on the picture you posted on my other thread.

How are you brewing the microbe tea what is the recipe cause i might give that ago and dose them as soon as.
    This is the tea recipes I used.

Bubble your water overnight to remove chlorine first.

Chuck all of the ingredients in, no need to put it all in a sock as some do.

5 UK gallons (23 litres) of water.
    500 ml worm castings
    25 ml unsulphured molasses
    BactorrS13 one teaspoon

Bubble for 18 - 24 hours (no longer)

strain through a muslin dish cloth and use immediately.

Initial rez fill and rez changes add @ 20 parts water to 1 part tea, I would then add half dose every 10 - 14 days.

This is just how I do it mate and i'm no expert but the guys at TNC nutrition gave me advice and the recipe is good to go.

Best of luck with your plants mate.

Just remember Ph, Ph, Ph
    Last edited by toblue; 24-03-19 at 10:38 AM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

BigBudsB (25-03-19), GEORGE (24-03-19)

Thanks

Don't forget big bud this is for a live system not a sterile dead system.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

BigBudsB (25-03-19), GEORGE (25-03-19)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast