Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Advice guys?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,385 Times
    Provided Answers: 1

Default Answered: Advice guys?

Hey all, getting frustrated with an issue I have going on here.

Am growing in coco but TRYING to start off my auto beans in compost for the head start.

My beans are sprouting fine, produce their 1st couple of leaves then seem to stunt. These pictured are 10 days old now and just not thriving.

I have them under a 600w mars LED 20" away.
    Soil is B&Q verve multipurpose. (I did try a wilko seedling too but that was the same result)
    Temps are 26-28 lights on.
    I WAS using 24/0 light cycle but have dropped it down last night to 18/6 to see if it helps.
    Planted in a 5cm square pocket of compost into 15L fabric pots filled with canna coco.

Using room temp water stood for 12+ hours to water the compost.

I'm thinking it's not the compost as both brands had identical results and the verve stuff has always been trouble free for me.

Gave a light feed this morning (0.2-0.3 EC) with plant magic root stim PH down to 5.8. Around the outside of the compost.

I never usually had probs early on in soil so this is pishing me right off!
    Should I swap to my 300W mars LED? Obviously my 600w LED would fry them.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here?
    Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Those who mind don't matter, those that matter don't mind!

Current grow- https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...600w-Mars-Leds

2. "I’m no expert, but id say go with your smaller light. They definitely look a little burnt, I’ve read mars and other LEDs can be quite intense on plants so I’d say 600w is a lot for em to handle only being a few weeks old. If it’s anything else it’s beyond my knowledge, hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk"

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Missy For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (25-03-19), Easy-T (25-03-19), GEORGE (25-03-19), Itslittyofc (25-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,948 Times

I’m no expert, but id say go with your smaller light. They definitely look a little burnt, I’ve read mars and other LEDs can be quite intense on plants so I’d say 600w is a lot for em to handle only being a few weeks old. If it’s anything else it’s beyond my knowledge, hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Itslittyofc For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (25-03-19), Dr Green (25-03-19), gardro (25-03-19), GEORGE (25-03-19)

Starcodex Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Missy View Post
    Hey all, getting frustrated with an issue I have going on here.

Am growing in coco but TRYING to start off my auto beans in compost for the head start.

My beans are sprouting fine, produce their 1st couple of leaves then seem to stunt. These pictured are 10 days old now and just not thriving.

I have them under a 600w mars LED 20" away.
    Soil is B&Q verve multipurpose. (I did try a wilko seedling too but that was the same result)
    Temps are 26-28 lights on.
    I WAS using 24/0 light cycle but have dropped it down last night to 18/6 to see if it helps.
    Planted in a 5cm square pocket of compost into 15L fabric pots filled with canna coco.

Using room temp water stood for 12+ hours to water the compost.

I'm thinking it's not the compost as both brands had identical results and the verve stuff has always been trouble free for me.

Gave a light feed this morning (0.2-0.3 EC) with plant magic root stim PH down to 5.8. Around the outside of the compost.

Should I swap to my 300W mars LED? Obviously my 600w LED would fry them.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here?
    Thanks.

I ran into similar problems using my viparspectra 300w. I'd say that 20 inches is far too close especially with your 600w.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Starcodex For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (25-03-19), Dr Green (25-03-19), gardro (25-03-19), GEORGE (25-03-19), Itslittyofc (25-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,171 Times
    Provided Answers: 9

I agree. Too much light. How far can you backup the light? I would go with smaller light and probably start at max distance and then watch for stretch. Slowly lower light if you see too much stretch.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

Dr Green (25-03-19), gardro (25-03-19), GEORGE (25-03-19), Herbitual (25-03-19), Itslittyofc (25-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times
    Provided Answers: 52

Quote Originally Posted by CityDweller View Post
    I agree. Too much light. How far can you backup the light? I would go with smaller light and probably start at max distance and then watch for stretch. Slowly lower light if you see too much stretch.
    +1 missy

A seedling only can use 5-10% of the light required at week 5 of flower, photo or auto.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (25-03-19), Dr Green (25-03-19), GEORGE (25-03-19), Itslittyofc (25-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,385 Times

Thanks all, will swap my light for my 300w then. I can raise the light as much as needed but I've had a fair bit of stretch with the 600w and had to top up the coco. But will give it a go anyway

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Missy For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (25-03-19), gardro (26-03-19), GEORGE (25-03-19), Itslittyofc (25-03-19), Valentina (26-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 58,360 Times
    Provided Answers: 9

hi missy dont know but could it be you still got nutes in your soil,and feeding her has just put her
    over the edge,maybe just water till she looks really pale just a guess as you've seen am having a struggle as well

"Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet."

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Easy-T For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-03-19), Itslittyofc (25-03-19), Valentina (26-03-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-T View Post
    hi missy dont know but could it be you still got nutes in your soil,and feeding her has just put her
    over the edge,maybe just water till she looks really pale just a guess as you've seen am having a struggle as well
    I wouldn’t have thought it was that, they seem like they’ve been in that pot since germ so would’ve burnt the plant from day one

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Itslittyofc For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,221 Times
    Provided Answers: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Missy View Post
    With some seeds/strains I have had nothing but drama. Is this a strain that has a proven record with your system or methods?

My hypothesis is that some strains just don't work well under blurple light when they are still young. For me, mostly indicas and some autos. They come up p*ss-takingly small, and are generally very miserable under the blurple LED, and even come flowering when they should stretch, it's like I am asking for too much for a weed to grow. Sheesh....

Strains that have NOT worked for me:
    Nirvana Aurora Indica
    Seedsman Deep Blue Auto
    Barney's Peyote Cookies
    Barney's Blueberry OG
    Sensi outdoor mix
    Vision/Victory Red Russian XXL Auto (Lanky and practically zero yield)
    Garden Of Green Super Critical Bud CBD

Strains that have kinda worked:
    Mephisto Alien V Triangle
    Seedsman Big Nugs Fast
    Seedsman Ogre Auto
    Seedsman Amnesia Fast
    Bubba Kush
    White widow x Big Bud
    Sensi Indoor Mix

Strains that have performed well under blurple light:
    Seedsman Mama Thai
    Seedsman Jack Herer Fem

To let the indicas gain some height, just by chance I left the AUrora Indica at the windowsill and she just shot up to about 4x her height from being under blurple light. So I tried that with a S1 Mama Thai and she grew to be a twiggy, lanky thing that I have had to supercrop. She got a bit sunburnt from the LEDs so the supercrop was absolutely necessary.

Hope this helps. I might not be right on the money, but I would like to think that is at least in the ballpark.
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-03-19), IceCalibur (26-03-19), Itslittyofc (26-03-19), Missy (28-03-19), M_C (26-03-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    With some seeds/strains I have had nothing but drama. Is this a strain that has a proven record with your system or methods?

My hypothesis is that some strains just don't work well under blurple light when they are still young. For me, mostly indicas and some autos. They come up p*ss-takingly small, and are generally very miserable under the blurple LED, and even come flowering when they should stretch, it's like I am asking for too much for a weed to grow. Sheesh....

Strains that have NOT worked for me:
    Nirvana Aurora Indica
    Seedsman Deep Blue Auto
    Barney's Peyote Cookies
    Barney's Blueberry OG
    Sensi outdoor mix
    Vision/Victory Red Russian XXL Auto (Lanky and practically zero yield)
    Garden Of Green Super Critical Bud CBD

Strains that have kinda worked:
    Mephisto Alien V Triangle
    Seedsman Big Nugs Fast
    Seedsman Ogre Auto
    Seedsman Amnesia Fast
    Bubba Kush
    White widow x Big Bud
    Sensi Indoor Mix

Strains that have performed well under blurple light:
    Seedsman Mama Thai
    Seedsman Jack Herer Fem

To let the indicas gain some height, just by chance I left the AUrora Indica at the windowsill and she just shot up to about 4x her height from being under blurple light. So I tried that with a S1 Mama Thai and she grew to be a twiggy, lanky thing that I have had to supercrop. She got a bit sunburnt from the LEDs so the supercrop was absolutely necessary.

Hope this helps. I might not be right on the money, but I would like to think that is at least in the ballpark.
    Very true, I’ve seen a lot of YouTube growers take note of how their strains react to light... even seen one guy had to separate a specific plant from his groom because his other strains were hungry for more light but that one strain was burning. Usually you can check the reviews of your strain online and if it’s known to be sensitive, chances are there will be a few posts from people

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Itslittyofc For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (28-03-19), GEORGE (29-03-19), Missy (28-03-19), Valentina (29-03-19)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast