Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Calling all lofties..

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,141 Times

I used cooltubes last summer and it was too hot. It was hitting 39c at times. I would say A/C is the way. For me once my current grow is done I’m gonna have a break until sept.

Please check out my diary.

Millwall Does G13 Gigabud under QB’s using Biotabs
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...8&share_type=t

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to millwall115 For This Useful Post:

GasMan (26-03-19), GEORGE (26-03-19), M_C (26-03-19), Valentina (01-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,068 Times

Quote Originally Posted by millwall115 View Post
    I used cooltubes last summer and it was too hot. It was hitting 39c at times. I would say A/C is the way. For me once my current grow is done I’m gonna have a break until sept.

Did the plants survive that heat? That’s crazy hot, you in the loft too? I did plan it so I could chop end of may but my seeds didn’t germ and set me back a bit. I may just buy a portable ac to get me through the summer and have a break to dry and smoke it. Then go again September into the winter. I don’t mind doing it little by little over the next year or so. But it’s a big wedge of cash in one hit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GasMan For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-04-19), millwall115 (26-03-19), M_C (26-03-19), Valentina (01-04-19)

Thanks

Ok,

Just so you know, I was hitting 40c plus in the heat waves! Only got short periods until the sun went down. And the plants burned a little I learnt to keep them short. Yield will suffer a little they don’t like it that hot and burning them will slow them and make them look ugly lol

Also remember you’ll need to swap things round a little for the winter months I which my intake from outside to internal helps balance things also make sure you cover all the ducts to stop bugs!

Go with the air con if noise and cost is no issues I just find them to noisy and costly

Good luck

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WWBB For This Useful Post:

GasMan (26-03-19), GEORGE (02-04-19), Valentina (01-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,141 Times

Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    Did the plants survive that heat? That’s crazy hot, you in the loft too? I did plan it so I could chop end of may but my seeds didn’t germ and set me back a bit. I may just buy a portable ac to get me through the summer and have a break to dry and smoke it. Then go again September into the winter. I don’t mind doing it little by little over the next year or so. But it’s a big wedge of cash in one hit

Yeah they survived. Because I’m timed it so when it was really hot during the day the lights were off. The temps were only hitting 40c for like 3hrs a day when the lights came on to when the sun went in.

For me I think AC would be to costly and noisy for me. But what ever way you decide to go, good luck.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to millwall115 For This Useful Post:

GasMan (26-03-19), GEORGE (02-04-19), Valentina (01-04-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by millwall115 View Post
    Yeah they survived. Because I’m timed it so when it was really hot during the day the lights were off. The temps were only hitting 40c for like 3hrs a day when the lights came on to when the sun went in.

For me I think AC would be to costly and noisy for me. But what ever way you decide to go, good luck.

Fair play mate that’s what I’ll do then. Fuck them they can have some heat for a bit haha I’m not stressing about it providing they don’t die I’m happy. If it gets that bad I’ll just go for a silent ac. If there’s such a thing haha

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GasMan For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-04-19), Valentina (01-04-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WWBB View Post
    Ok,

Just so you know, I was hitting 40c plus in the heat waves! Only got short periods until the sun went down. And the plants burned a little I learnt to keep them short. Yield will suffer a little they don’t like it that hot and burning them will slow them and make them look ugly lol

Also remember you’ll need to swap things round a little for the winter months I which my intake from outside to internal helps balance things also make sure you cover all the ducts to stop bugs!

Go with the air con if noise and cost is no issues I just find them to noisy and costly

Good luck

Cheers for that mate. Iv got carbon filter screens to stop bugs. I’m in the middle of swapping my winter routing to my summer setup as we speak. Pain in the ass haha. Every time I do something the plants get bigger it’s a nightmare to get round them. I can’t be having noisy air con. As long as they don’t die I’ll just ride the wave and run lights at night during the cooler period

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GasMan For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-04-19), Valentina (01-04-19), WWBB (27-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,883 Times

Default Calling all lofties..

Extraction is key in my eyes

If you have to take air from inside the loft then try get it on the north side of the house....it’s coolest you will get without going outside or from another room. But still won’t be great when in the summer because it’s all stupid warm.

I’ve ran two 600s in summer and a 315cdm, run 9-9 for a 12/12 cycle with it being cooler in the night.

I built an intake box for the loft to filter any air.

If you want stealth then go for silent fans, I’ve got a 10”L systemair which can pull 5x the amount I need for the loft room and some times that still not enough, you will only get the room as cool as where the air is being pulled from.

29/30 degree is where mine sat most the time, I’ve tried the air coolers but they didn’t work.

Use a chiller for your res because they work a treat if your budget can stretch that far....eBay can sort your a bargain out for sure. Last think you want is giving them a mice warm drink when they are already gasping.

Extract is key, nice cool res is key, light cycle at the rite time is key

Oh and air circulation in the room is a must

Last edited by Done420; 01-04-19 at 11:06 AM.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Done420 For This Useful Post:

Benjiman (30-07-19), GasMan (01-04-19), GEORGE (02-04-19), Mac (11-07-19), Valentina (01-04-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Done420 View Post
    Extraction is key in my eyes

If you have to take air from inside the loft then try get it on the north side of the house....it’s coolest you will get without going outside or from another room. But still won’t be great when in the summer because it’s all stupid warm.

I’ve ran two 600s in summer and a 315cdm, run 9-9 for a 12/12 cycle with it being cooler in the night.

I built an intake box for the loft to filter any air.

If you want stealth then go for silent fans, I’ve got a 10”L systemair which can pull 5x the amount I need for the loft room and some times that still not enough, you will only get the room as cool as where the air is being pulled from.

29/30 degree is where mine sat most the time, I’ve tried the air coolers but they didn’t work.

Use a chiller for your res because they work a treat if your budget can stretch that far....eBay can sort your a bargain out for sure. Last think you want is giving them a mice warm drink when they are already gasping.

Extract is key, nice cool res is key, light cycle at the rite time is key

Oh and air circulation in the room is a must

I was gonna inbox you funny enough. I was talking to sadface last night and I said your grows have been spot on in the loft and I wanted to pick your brain on your setup haha.

At the minute Iv got a 600w and a 600 dimmed to 400 and it hit 30 in there today. I bought an 8”L today and Iv got an 8”a1 intake. Gonna get that boxed up over the next few days and see where it takes me.

Re the chiller, Iv put my water tank inside the Groom. Major fuck up. I’m filling it every other day and it’s holding the temp off in the groom and staying below 23 degrees which ain’t too bad. There’s one on eBay but the seller won’t send it just Incas me it breaks. I’m keeping my eyes peeled I can’t afford retail on one yet Iv spent way too much on my start up for a minute.

I missed out on a td silent the other day the 1000/200 so again I’m keeping my eyes peeled but I’m confident I can get an L pretty quiet. My a1 ain’t all bad it’s boxed and expanding foam round it. But proper silent fans are on the list deffo.

I fucked up my intake and extract. They’re on opposite north south sides so il be sorting that when Iv got the l boxed up and ready. I’m gonna run duct fan duct and then 2 filters to cause less extract noise as Iv got a spare rhino 600 sitting there.

I was looking at a diy cooler on the internet erlier with a coil sat in front of a fan into a refrigerated box then ice in the box and a fan on top using a pump to pump the cold water round the coil. How long it will stay cool is the issue though. I imagine it can get quite labour intensive haha.

Iv got two fans on full chat in there now ones just starting to sound like a juggernaut so they’re the next items I’ll go for two slimline ones.

Any more info is hugely appreciated mate and thanks for the input

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GasMan For This Useful Post:

Done420 (02-04-19), GEORGE (02-04-19), Mac (11-07-19), Valentina (01-04-19), WWBB (02-04-19)

Thanks

I was gonna inbox you funny enough. I was talking to sadface last night and I said your grows have been spot on in the loft and I wanted to pick your brain on your setup haha.

At the minute Iv got a 600w and a 600 dimmed to 400 and it hit 30 in there today. I bought an 8”L today and Iv got an 8”a1 intake. Gonna get that boxed up over the next few days and see where it takes me.

Re the chiller, Iv put my water tank inside the Groom. Major fuck up. I’m filling it every other day and it’s holding the temp off in the groom and staying below 23 degrees which ain’t too bad. There’s one on eBay but the seller won’t send it just Incas me it breaks. I’m keeping my eyes peeled I can’t afford retail on one yet Iv spent way too much on my start up for a minute.

I missed out on a td silent the other day the 1000/200 so again I’m keeping my eyes peeled but I’m confident I can get an L pretty quiet. My a1 ain’t all bad it’s boxed and expanding foam round it. But proper silent fans are on the list deffo.

I fucked up my intake and extract. They’re on opposite north south sides so il be sorting that when Iv got the l boxed up and ready. I’m gonna run duct fan duct and then 2 filters to cause less extract noise as Iv got a spare rhino 600 sitting there.

I was looking at a diy cooler on the internet erlier with a coil sat in front of a fan into a refrigerated box then ice in the box and a fan on top using a pump to pump the cold water round the coil. How long it will stay cool is the issue though. I imagine it can get quite labour intensive haha.

Iv got two fans on full chat in there now ones just starting to sound like a juggernaut so they’re the next items I’ll go for two slimline ones.

Also what’s that 9/9 situation mate? 9 on and then an extended dark period?

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GasMan For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-04-19), Mac (11-07-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,883 Times

Lights on at 9pm then lights off 9am matey

I looked at the diy cooler mate and even though it will be coming out of an ice box it is pointless so don’t waste your time trying to make one.

If you have a few fans in there circulating over the top so they are getting a constant breeze over them I think you should be fine, I also have on on the floor blowing from the bottom.

The only other thought I had was just to take the ducting to another bedroom that’s cooler, my back room sat at around 17degree. I was going to just put a grille in the ceiling and pull from there.....a baby change that idea though haha

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Done420 For This Useful Post:

GasMan (05-04-19), GEORGE (02-04-19), Mac (11-07-19), Valentina (09-04-19)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast