Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14

Thread: CD grows Dutch Passion, Mokum's Tulip

Thanks
    Thanked 20,261 Times in 5,027 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 420Rancher View Post
    How do your bottom leaves look. Plants look good from what I see.
    I am in the same boat, my ph is dropping slightly,but fuck my plants look heathy, I known I should do a rez change but if I took out the meter and looked at the plants, I would say they are very happy.
    I have been finding that my reading are effected by water level in the system, my ph is dropping about a point every other day, when I top up with my dehumidifier water my reading comes back up that point.

I'm even starting to think that the plant at this stage of the grow wants a different ph that what I am targeting. And is adjusting its own Rez.
    Your ec of .8 doesn't seem high, shit thats my tap water.
    If your plant isn't eating I would expect to see some signs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Plant is definitely eating. She gets taller every day and buds are fatter today than yesterday.

My water is RO so 0.00 to start.

Bottom leaves have some very old PH damage but it has not progressed in weeks since I figured out that the PH pen was broken and got the PH within range.

Perhaps evaporation of the soup is causing the PH drop? If that was the case I would think the EC would have gone up yet it stays at 0.8

Wine chiller arrived yesterday. Definitely be taking apart this weekend or sooner. It would be awsome if this works to drop a few degrees.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

hotshot (Today)

Thanks

The odd thing is that they do look a little overfed from here. The leaves are mixed but plenty are too green and a bit waxy. The tips are just slightly burnt.

The nute instructions say to double calmag in RO. I have not been doing this.

My next soup I will follow the exact recipe supplied and then dilute with RO until I hit 0.8.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

hotshot (Today), IceCalibur (Yesterday)

Thanks

1st 2 are bottom. 3rd is top. 4th is close to top. Cal def?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

7. Default

Hmm, doesn't look like a mag def to me CD mate..it's a little confusing this one..like a mix of Calcium def + Potassium def?..but the cal def showing on that last pic.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (Yesterday), hotshot (Today), kbag (Yesterday)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Hmm, doesn't look like a mag def to me CD mate..it's a little confusing this one..like a mix of Calcium def + Potassium def?..but the cal def showing on that last pic.
    Thanks mate. I am thinking its calcium deficiency. I dropped another 5ml Calmag in the rez.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CityDweller View Post
    Thanks mate. I am thinking its calcium deficiency. I dropped another 5ml Calmag in the rez.
    You're welcome bro

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (Yesterday), hotshot (Today)

Thanks

Rez changed. Now I am thrilled that i added the pump. I cannot imagine how difficult that would be without a pump.

Following the recipe from nute supplier give an EC of 2.4! I poured the soup a bit heavy so the rez was full and only down to 1.2. I know I could pump some out and add more water but 1.2 sounds okay to me since we are now flowering. If I see burn I will thin it tomorrow.

PH is either 5.8 or 5.9 depending on which freshly calibrated pen you want to believe.

Cheers.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

hotshot (Today), IceCalibur (Yesterday), kbag (Yesterday)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,965 Times in 3,192 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Yeh id agree there Ice does look a bit of both. CD have you tried starting your mix with a ph pf 6.2 and let the plants drop it through the range. plants in flower naturally secret more acid in flower could possibly be why your seeing the slight drop in ph.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kbag For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (Today), hotshot (Today), IceCalibur (Yesterday)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,351 Times in 1,189 Posts

Plant is definitely eating. She gets taller every day and buds are fatter today than yesterday.

My water is RO so 0.00 to start.

Bottom leaves have some very old PH damage but it has not progressed in weeks since I figured out that the PH pen was broken and got the PH within range.

Perhaps evaporation of the soup is causing the PH drop? If that was the case I would think the EC would have gone up yet it stays at 0.8

Wine chiller arrived yesterday. Definitely be taking apart this weekend or sooner. It would be awsome if this works to drop a few degrees.
    I am coming to the same conclusion, about the water level dropping and so does my ph. My ec is dropping steady, plants look good but ph was just 5.3. odd thing is adding 4l of water ph6.2 and my reading comes back to 5.8. I do run a mix pump. This little water shouldn't change the ph of 70+ L of soup. But I'm glad it does.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 420Rancher For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (Today), hotshot (Today)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,351 Times in 1,189 Posts

Rez changed. Now I am thrilled that i added the pump. I cannot imagine how difficult that would be without a pump.

Following the recipe from nute supplier give an EC of 2.4! I poured the soup a bit heavy so the rez was full and only down to 1.2. I know I could pump some out and add more water but 1.2 sounds okay to me since we are now flowering. If I see burn I will thin it tomorrow.

PH is either 5.8 or 5.9 depending on which freshly calibrated pen you want to believe.

Cheers.
    Ya my nutes properly mixed with Ec of 300 to start give 2000. I like 1.2 but plants can lock out, at this stage of grow any signs that worsen, you can switch to water for a day or 2 then add the nutes back. If it is high lowering it is a way but people tend to go from 1.2 to 1.0 too me this is wrong as if the plants are struggling get it to .5-.6 to make sure the plants are clear, they can go along time on water alone,
    5.8-5.9 seems at the top of the range but I typically wouldn't adjust anything that's close to range for at least a day.

Interesting grow for sure.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 420Rancher For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (Today), hotshot (Today)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kbag View Post
    Yeh id agree there Ice does look a bit of both. CD have you tried starting your mix with a ph pf 6.2 and let the plants drop it through the range. plants in flower naturally secret more acid in flower could possibly be why your seeing the slight drop in ph.
    I keep thinking this but then putting it to 5.8
    If it drops again I going to reset to 6.2
    Thanks kbag.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

hotshot (Today), IceCalibur (Today)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 420Rancher View Post
    Ya my nutes properly mixed with Ec of 300 to start give 2000. I like 1.2 but plants can lock out, at this stage of grow any signs that worsen, you can switch to water for a day or 2 then add the nutes back. If it is high lowering it is a way but people tend to go from 1.2 to 1.0 too me this is wrong as if the plants are struggling get it to .5-.6 to make sure the plants are clear, they can go along time on water alone,
    5.8-5.9 seems at the top of the range but I typically wouldn't adjust anything that's close to range for at least a day.

Interesting grow for sure.

I don't know if I can use plain water since the EC is 0 it might damage the plant? I was thinking that if i needed to give them some breathing room i could lower it to 0.4 so it is similar to most tap water.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

Thanks

PH dropped to either 5.5 or 5.7 depending on which pen you believe. Both pens reading 7.0 in 7.0
    Milwakee 5.5 HM 5.7
    I am going to trust the milwakee. Just following my gut.
    Raising PH to 6.2 so it can swing down like kbag suggested. The nute line instructions say the range is 5.5 to 6.5. I am tempted to raise to 6.4 and see what happens.

There is some slight new tip burn showing. Very slight.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14