Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Quick drying in the oven?

Thanks

What are you guys all on about?

If you've got a few ounces of bud coming up in your grow room in maybe jsut a few weeks, yet right now... Right now. You have NOTHING TO SMOKE. Roll that shit up and smoke it.

IMO, And perhaps for those without a slow oven, I find the microwave/tupperware/bogroll technique works best. The slower you do it the better the cure. Strength seems pretty uneffected, just a little less flavoursome. Nutes will show.
    First grow
    250W CFL stealth hempy. Jock Horror.
    Second grow 375W CFL stealth hempy. Early Girl.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ViK For This Useful Post:

kewlbeanz (31-01-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,843 Times

Quote Originally Posted by ViK View Post

If you've got a few ounces of bud coming up in your grow room in maybe jsut a few weeks, yet right now... Right now. You have NOTHING TO SMOKE. Roll that shit up and smoke it.

Well said vik, i dont think i could bare to go spend 20quid when ive got several oz sitting next to me drying...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ViK View Post
    What are you guys all on about?

IMO, And perhaps for those without a slow oven, I find the microwave/tupperware/bogroll technique works best. The slower you do it the better the cure. Strength seems pretty uneffected, just a little less flavoursome. Nutes will show.
    I agree, well said m8. I'm comin to end o my first grow and I really want to wait and dry and cure it all properly because I know it'll be much much better. But I ain't going out hunting for it n paying £20 for a bag of crap when i got it er not quite ready. I'll hopefully have enough to properly cure some though.

Thanks

Yeah iv done similar when iv been desperate and run out. Its always really hardsh on yr throat though dude. Its far better to wait for nature to take its course imho.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,573 Times

totally agree as long as your not flash drying shit loads there is no harm in taking a couple of grams and flash drying to see you through till its ready! it will probably still be better than the shit you buy of a dealer anyway
    The Sweet Zone: Pruning & Topping Indoor Plants For Larger Yields

"I gave up weed because i thought it was turning me into a lazy bastard...........it turns out im just a lazy bastard" - yoko2009

´´wert is god and i am his bitch´´

Thanks

i made beef jerky,my oven doenst go that low ether,i just put it on lowest setting with the door open

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkgEDy5ekvY
    TIMELESS.COZ AGE DONT COUNT IN THE BOOTH, WHEN YOUR FLOW STAYS SUBMERGED IN THE FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH.

WHILE WORLD IS REVOLVING ON ITS AXIS, I COME WITH MAD LOVE AND THE ILLEST WAR TACTICS.

Thanks

I agree, when you're out and have a few ounces growing or drying, you might as well take taste. You might get busted or hit by a bus tomorrow. I've tried microwaves, warm ovens, radiators, top of the monitor, etc. No matter how you do it quick dried pot tastes like crap. Might as well just nuke it and not wait any longer than necessary.
    A lawn is nature under totalitarian rule.

Yeti Sports Pentathlon Champion! Apples Champion! Chicken Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,828 Times

you may as well smoke some newspaper,just tastes the same lol

Looking for New Pastures

Thanks

let it dry slowly and naturly mate but theres no harm trying out a few nuggets from the oven it will taste shit but u will be stoned. but it wont be a patch on the slow dryed and cured bud myson.
    DAVEYB11--------LOVING IT

11. The Following User Says Thank You to daveyb11 For This Useful Post:

alexr83 (24-09-10)

Thanks

Believe it or not if you do it right a quick dry in the oven can make your pot "stronger" as well as increase the oral bio-availability...the process is called "decarboxylation"...basically it goes like this-

~230 degrees (F) for half an hour will convert a majority of the THCA (non-psychoactive) to Δ9 THC (psychoactive compound that gives us the high we know and love when combined with other cannabinoids). Doing this will also allow you to cook with/eat the buds as-is without the need for making butter/oil/tincture first. This process of decarboxylation is the same thing that happens when you cure bud, it just happens in a much smaller time frame.

If you're not worried about flavor or smell and do a lot of cooking with bud this is definitely the way to go in my humble opinion. hope that helps, peace
    Your honor, motion for dismissal. Upon review of the evidence presented I believe you will find that the defendant had a disclaimer in his signature.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jd4083 For This Useful Post:

BUDAllTheTime (03-06-10), dazza (25-08-11), steviebhoy88 (23-01-13), ukpercy outside in (13-09-13)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast