Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello and a little help! Wilted leaves.

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ggotch View Post
    sorry but 6 plants under an assortment of household light bulbs totalling 65w?

if its straight then i think its time for a good looong read of others "new grows" chap,there simply isnt anywhere to start with yours,its more like a day out in b+q gardening dept with stevie wonder.

deffo a windup i reckon
    He's not winding anyone up ggotch, he's a new grower and not everyone knows what they are doing bud..I advised him to start a thread asking for help, let's not take the mickey out of the guy hey

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-05-19), ggotch (13-05-19), Greengrass (14-06-19), N_S (13-05-19)

3. Default

Let's not forget how small of an area he is growing in as well mate

N_S in terms of lights you might wanna invest in a CFL light around 300w, see how you get on, that's if you're able to control temps etc

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-05-19), Greengrass (14-06-19), N_S (13-05-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    He's not winding anyone up ggotch, he's a new grower and not everyone knows what they are doing bud..I advised him to start a thread asking for help, let's not take the mickey out of the guy hey
    Ill say it again. Your are a very kind soul ice!

@ ggotch. Bro im just having a lotta fun here. Its really not all that serious. You could almost call it an accidental grow. Im well aware of how im doing it mostly wrong. But its weed. Hell, its summers and the temps are getting to the high 40's, and Im not affording an aircon!
    But the plants are growing, and yes they are under an assortment of household lights. And even if I get zilch outta them its been great! Im learning a lot and if I do choose to do this more seriously, for sure ill get myself an invisiblesun.
    In the meantime, let me please play around without getting upset, or as has been said, take the 'mickey' outta me! Id truly do appreciate any help I get. And as soon as I get to sex them, if ever, Ill take the plants down to a max of 2 to keep you happy!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to N_S For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-05-19), Greengrass (14-06-19), IceCalibur (13-05-19)

Thanks

N_S in terms of lights you might wanna invest in a CFL light around 300w, see how you get on, that's if you're able to control temps etc
    Hey Ice, Im in correspondence with the invisible sum ppl, and they reckon my only option if the 85w kit. Im considering my options there. Ill have to import it. I also did ask for opinion on a 150w UFO grow light in another thread here, and it wasn't favorable.

Putting a CFL in the cab seems unlikely. Cab temps are in the mid 30s already.

I switched to a 12/12 light cycle couple of nights ago, really hoping the plants show some preflowers. I have today replaced the 6500k LED bulbs with 3x20w 3000K led bulbs, for a total of 80watts now. I could add more led bulbs, 1 at a time till I see signs of any heat stress ? Which so far I seem to have been lucky to avoid, albeit at a possible trade of slow growth.
    I also today took delivery of liquid seaweed nutrient, and Ill start adding that to the feed.

ill keep you posted.

Thanks again!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to N_S For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-05-19), Greengrass (14-06-19), IceCalibur (13-05-19)

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by N_S View Post
    Ill say it again. Your are a very kind soul ice!

@ ggotch. Bro im just having a lotta fun here. Its really not all that serious. You could almost call it an accidental grow. Im well aware of how im doing it mostly wrong. But its weed. Hell, its summers and the temps are getting to the high 40's, and Im not affording an aircon!
    But the plants are growing, and yes they are under an assortment of household lights. And even if I get zilch outta them its been great! Im learning a lot and if I do choose to do this more seriously, for sure ill get myself an invisiblesun.
    In the meantime, let me please play around without getting upset, or as has been said, take the 'mickey' outta me! Id truly do appreciate any help I get. And as soon as I get to sex them, if ever, Ill take the plants down to a max of 2 to keep you happy!
    Thank you N_S for the kind words, too much hate around us, we come here to relax, chill and enjoy ourselves..making mistakes can also be fun lol!

You're a very kind soul too I can tell and I admire your spirit and relaxed way in which you are growing..and in my opinion, you're doing a great job at that too!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by N_S View Post
    Hey Ice, Im in correspondence with the invisible sum ppl, and they reckon my only option if the 85w kit. Im considering my options there. Ill have to import it. I also did ask for opinion on a 150w UFO grow light in another thread here, and it wasn't favorable.

Putting a CFL in the cab seems unlikely. Cab temps are in the mid 30s already.

I switched to a 12/12 light cycle couple of nights ago, really hoping the plants show some preflowers. I have today replaced the 6500k LED bulbs with 3x20w 3000K led bulbs, for a total of 80watts now. I could add more led bulbs, 1 at a time till I see signs of any heat stress ? Which so far I seem to have been lucky to avoid, albeit at a possible trade of slow growth.
    I also today took delivery of liquid seaweed nutrient, and Ill start adding that to the feed.

ill keep you posted.

Thanks again!
    Fantastic, sounds great..keep us updated!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

still not convinced..

but it has to be a case of reading the new grows etc and getting an idea of what plants need etc and then fitting in with what they require,theres less than 65w on offer here and as far as ive learnt that aint enough,regardless of wether the grows a game or serious.

theres a massive amount of info on talk and it needs to be read by everyone,tis the whole point of a forum on tinterweb dedicated to growing erb.

not taking piss chap but you will have to get a grip of the basics at some time,its still fun for me some 5yrs on now,its only endlessly doing fuckups that gets you down knowing full well the info is there but strangely refusing to read and follow it to even the most basic of levels.

itll also make it a lot easier for peeps from all levels to join in and help you,we can show you how to run in those shiny new sneakers but its down to you to tie your own shoelaces first

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ggotch View Post
    still not convinced..

but it has to be a case of reading the new grows etc and getting an idea of what plants need etc and then fitting in with what they require,theres less than 65w on offer here and as far as ive learnt that aint enough,regardless of wether the grows a game or serious.

theres a massive amount of info on talk and it needs to be read by everyone,tis the whole point of a forum on tinterweb dedicated to growing erb.

not taking piss chap but you will have to get a grip of the basics at some time,its still fun for me some 5yrs on now,its only endlessly doing fuckups that gets you down knowing full well the info is there but strangely refusing to read and follow it to even the most basic of levels.

itll also make it a lot easier for peeps from all levels to join in and help you,we can show you how to run in those shiny new sneakers but its down to you to tie your own shoelaces first
    That's fair enough you're entitled to your opinion like we all are mate

What advice would you give him at the stage he's at right now?

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Talking

I would get myself a 1.2x1.2.x2 Tent with a 600W MH-HPS. JMO Good luck and happy growing.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

ggotch (13-05-19), Greengrass (14-06-19), IceCalibur (13-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

im a grumpy old fucker i know

what ever else the lad goes for hes going to have to up his light power sharpish,65w will struggle with just one plant to flower,likely below that in real wattage so yep,more light needed.

seems strange to think 6 plants would grow under that,what with all the other members postings and grow threads,with led i worked out that at the very minimum a plant needs 100 Rw's or there abouts,the lowest ive seen actually make worthwhile bids was 400w hps over 6 dwarf autos.

hard to say what to do now as i wouldnt have started an indoor grow with 65w,maybe some success could be had by moving to an outside grow,but dont know N_S 's enviroment.

tbh id sell something and go get a decent lamp,or a couple of cf's perhaps,anything will be an improvement on under 65w torch bulbs .

best o luck N_S,sorry for being a grumpy fucker,tis a thing at my age and indeed is my nickname at home..

as an aside,i grow in a white 70x70x140,im using all my cmh315 's power and could do with more still,this is over 4 dwarf autos,i can see theres still isnt enough light but the heat has me trapped atm
    Last edited by ggotch; 13-05-19 at 06:41 PM.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-05-19), Greengrass (13-05-19), IceCalibur (13-05-19), N_S (13-05-19)

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast