Thread: Before buying a new fan..

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,068 Times

Default Before buying a new fan..

before I go out and buy a new fan, is there anyone good at maths that can have a crack at working out my sqm3. I was thinking of a rvk 8” l1 950m3 with an a1 intake. But want to make sure 950 will be enough. It’s up the loft so it’s triangle, 2m x 2m x 1.8m. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GasMan For This Useful Post:

G' (31-03-19), GEORGE (31-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

G' (31-03-19), GasMan (31-03-19), GEORGE (31-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,221 Times

Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    before I go out and buy a new fan, is there anyone good at maths that can have a crack at working out my sqm3. I was thinking of a rvk 8” l1 950m3 with an a1 intake. But want to make sure 950 will be enough. It’s up the loft so it’s triangle, 2m x 2m x 1.8m. Thanks
    For the fan 8"- RVK200-L1- 950m3/hr

Tent volume:
    2 x 2 x 1.8
    =7.2 meters cubed

That 8" RVK at full power can pull 131.94 times the air volume of your tent per hour.

And if your tent is "triangle", making it smaller than the rectangular shape that I have calculated, even better.

Numerically the fan looks okay, but am sure people would have other ideas, like would noise be an issue? What fan controller would you be using, dialling down the fan for longevity, noise reduction etc.
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

British green (31-03-19), GasMan (31-03-19), GEORGE (31-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

I had a 6" RVK L1 pulling from 3 tents (total m3=6.5), all acheiving negative pressure and that was running at about 60% so cheaper option if you are staying with that tent

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

GasMan (31-03-19), GEORGE (31-03-19), Valentina (31-03-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    For the fan 8"- RVK200-L1- 950m3/hr

Tent volume:
    2 x 2 x 1.8
    =7.2 meters cubed

That 8" RVK at full power can pull 131.94 times the air volume of your tent per hour.

And if your tent is "triangle", making it smaller than the rectangular shape that I have calculated, even better.

Numerically the fan looks okay, but am sure people would have other ideas, like would noise be an issue? What fan controller would you be using, dialling down the fan for longevity, noise reduction etc.
    Well Iv got an a1 at the moment but my intake is piss poor and I’m struggling to keep cool. Iv got that in a box full of expanding foam and it’s not too noisy unless flat out, Iv got an sms hybrid keeping it all calm however due to it being hot up the attic I imagine there will be times where it’s gonna be flat out. I bought a s and p td 800/200 thinking it was a td silent now Iv got it and it’s boxed it’s noisy as fuck. That’s 53db at 3m the tornado is more so that’s no good. My a1 must be around 25/30 dB with how it’s boxed it’s not loud at all. But obviously an l1 blows harder and will be flat out come June when my girls are finishing in the summer heat.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GasMan For This Useful Post:

gardro (31-03-19), GEORGE (31-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Well Iv got an a1 at the moment but my intake is piss poor and I’m struggling to keep cool. Iv got that in a box full of expanding foam and it’s not too noisy unless flat out, Iv got an sms hybrid keeping it all calm however due to it being hot up the attic I imagine there will be times where it’s gonna be flat out. I bought a s and p td 800/200 thinking it was a td silent now Iv got it and it’s boxed it’s noisy as fuck. That’s 53db at 3m the tornado is more so that’s no good. My a1 must be around 25/30 dB with how it’s boxed it’s not loud at all. But obviously an l1 blows harder and will be flat out come June when my girls are finishing in the summer heat.

Whats the average temperature of the intake mate?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GasMan (31-03-19), GEORGE (31-03-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    I had a 6" RVK L1 pulling from 3 tents (total m3=6.5), all acheiving negative pressure and that was running at about 60% so cheaper option if you are staying with that tent
    That’s good to know. I’m not sure 6” will suffice in the loft though. I’m insulated but it’s still hot up there

14. The Following User Says Thank You to GasMan For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (31-03-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    Whats the average temperature of the intake mate?
    I’m not too sure mate it’s directly from outside at the minute. I’ll be bringing it in from cupboards when it heats up though so around 21 it’ll be then.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GasMan For This Useful Post:

gardro (31-03-19), GEORGE (31-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

I’m not too sure mate it’s directly from outside at the minute. I’ll be bringing it in from cupboards when it heats up though so around 21 it’ll be then.

Lets hope we dont get a super long super heat wave this year

Can have all the m3/hr in the world but intake always has to be quite a bit cooler than groom. In height of summer i reduce fan speeds strangely

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GasMan (31-03-19), GEORGE (31-03-19), Valentina (31-03-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    Lets hope we dont get a super long super heat wave this year

Can have all the m3/hr in the world but intake always has to be quite a bit cooler than groom. In height of summer i reduce fan speeds strangely
    It’s all fettling ain’t it mate. I’m still on my first grow yet but it’s 12c outside and 28 in the groom. Plants ain’t bothered they’re growing well but I know the times coming where things are gonna get too much for them. And as it stands that time will be deep into flower. Iv thought about a portable air con pumping into the cupboard where I’m intaking from but that’s down the line. Not sure wether it’ll be too costly on electric also. It’s a fine art this growing business haha.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to GasMan For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-04-19)