Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Please help NFT problems

Thanks

Hello Bin man and thanks for looking in.

The root balls were solid before i put them in but what I suspect happened was that i didnt raise the cubes from the water so they were sitting there submerged. Plus the problems with the ph pen didnt help as I was feeding them a very high ec and ph of water was out of sync.

I have now got a new ph pen all calibrated, only giving water at moment which comes out the tap at 0.6-0.8 flashing on the bluelab truncheon. I have raised the cubes so they are not submerging anymore and i realised the plant is actually struggling with the waterlogged cube.

I have now put the pump on a timer only giving water for 15 minutes every 2 hours when lights on. been running like this for only 1 day so will judge over the next couple of days.
    Ultimately I will give a week if i see no improvements than Im gonna bin and start over as I have 2 more Critical 2.0 very well rooted and looking to go into NFT.

Hope these 2 pull thru as its not the plants fault but mine for messing up their ph, ec and damn nearly drowning them whilst they are still young.

Will keep every one updated as the week goes and decide from therein where we go.

peace
    Eastman

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eastman007 For This Useful Post:

Bin man (05-04-19), British green (07-04-19), GEORGE (05-04-19)

Thanks

What do you mean “you didn’t raise the cubes out of the water” you haven’t just put the cubes in the res have you ?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bin man For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-04-19)

Thanks

lol not directly into reservoir. when putting cube in top tray i normally put something underneath cube so as to not sit in the passing water which.stops it getting waterlogged.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to eastman007 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-04-19)

Thanks

Hello all, plants are looking a little bit better.

Went in today and thought I would take off the yellow leaves at bottom and let them do their thing. Unfortunately I found traces of spider mites so am really and truly fecked.
    I have done a neem oil job on them so hopefully should be all ok.

This grow just goes from bad to worse.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to eastman007 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-04-19)

9. Default

Sorry to hear that eastman007, hope the treatment helps..keep the chin up mate!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-04-19)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2