Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Another fan controller question

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 12,286 Times

Default Another fan controller question

So my tent is a 2.4m x 1.2m x 2m and I’m running 2 x 1m parabolics with at the moment 2 x 400w HPS but I’ve just flipped my 8 plants so going to 600w soon.

My extract fan is a Gekko box fan in the loft it’s rated at 1500m/3 so it’s got plenty of power.

Trouble is my tent is sometimes getting to hot even though the outside room temps are 19 ish.

The controller probe is at canopy level just about.

Can someone tell me if I have the dials set wrong or what cheers.

It’s an SMS twin fan controller but I don’t run an intake fan just passive intake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GROW DIARY LINKS:

When I mentored LewisR >>>
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...red-by-Squaggy

Squaggy does Coco. (Mentored by Bud Lightyear) >> https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...Bud-Lightyear)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Squaggy For This Useful Post:

Bin man (05-04-19), gardro (05-04-19), GEORGE (05-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Squaggy View Post
    So my tent is a 2.4m x 1.2m x 2m and I’m running 2 x 1m parabolics with at the moment 2 x 400w HPS but I’ve just flipped my 8 plants so going to 600w soon.

My extract fan is a Gekko box fan in the loft it’s rated at 1500m/3 so it’s got plenty of power.

Trouble is my tent is sometimes getting to hot even though the outside room temps are 19 ish.

The controller probe is at canopy level just about.

Can someone tell me if I have the dials set wrong or what cheers.

It’s an SMS twin fan controller but I don’t run an intake fan just passive intake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The max speed could go higher. At 70% the speed is significantly reduced from the 1500m3

Other than that it may be that not enough flow can be pulled through the passive so may need another vent or make it bigger or even add an inlet fan.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-04-19), Squaggy (05-04-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    The max speed could go higher. At 70% the speed is significantly reduced from the 1500m3

Other than that it may be that not enough flow can be pulled through the passive so may need another vent or make it bigger or even add an inlet fan.
    Cheers gardro,

I’ve tried turning up max speed it just seems to then only go fast without slowing ?

Also mindful of it not getting to cold when lights off hence why only have a zip on one side of tent half done
    Up.
    I have an oil rad on a plug thermostat to help with temps lights off

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Squaggy For This Useful Post:

gardro (05-04-19), GEORGE (05-04-19)

Thanks

Cheers gardro,

I’ve tried turning up max speed it just seems to then only go fast without slowing ?

Also mindful of it not getting to cold when lights off hence why only have a zip on one side of tent half done
    Up.
    I have an oil rad on a plug thermostat to help with temps lights off
    When lights are off, this is controlled by the min speed on the left. Drop it just to the point of maintaining negative pressure ( and humidity )

The max speed is how much the fan can increase to when the temp goes above what the middle dial is set to. If its at 100, it doesnt mean it will run at 100 but it can if it struggles to keep the temp at set point.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Thanks

When lights are off, this is controlled by the min speed on the left. Drop it just to the point of maintaining negative pressure ( and humidity )

The max speed is how much the fan can increase to when the temp goes above what the middle dial is set to. If its at 100, it doesnt mean it will run at 100 but it can if it struggles to keep the temp at set point.
    Ok so I’ll turn first dial down and last dial up to say 80 and see how that goes.

Also maybe you think I should open a meshed flap on the side yeah ?

What do you mean also about humidity ?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Squaggy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Ok so I’ll turn first dial down and last dial up to say 80 and see how that goes.

Also maybe you think I should open a meshed flap on the side yeah ?

What do you mean also about humidity ?
    Yeah try that.

To find out if your intakes are enough, see if the tent gets sucked in loads when gekko is fully pulling. If it does then definitely open more up.

I mention humidity as the plants still give off water when sleeping so the air can get too damp if the left dial is too low. More of an issue in flower and can be sorted with dehumidifier

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yeah try that.

To find out if your intakes are enough, see if the tent gets sucked in loads when gekko is fully pulling. If it does then definitely open more up.

I mention humidity as the plants still give off water when sleeping so the air can get too damp if the left dial is too low. More of an issue in flower and can be sorted with dehumidifier
    Yeah tent sucks right in and really creaks when I whack power up.

Have no room in tent for a dehum.

Have got plenty of airflow hoping that keeps RH ok.

Ok will open up another flap just worries me lights off will get to cold but can monitor on the hygrometers

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Squaggy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Have no room in tent for a dehum.

Have got plenty of airflow hoping that keeps RH ok.

Ok will open up another flap just worries me lights off will get to cold but can monitor on the hygrometers
    Just needs a bit of dialing in mate. Shouldnt get any colder than now but a little rad in there just in case as theres no other heat source.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Just needs a bit of dialing in mate. Shouldnt get any colder than now but a little rad in there just in case as theres no other heat source.
    Yeah I have a 1500w oil rad on a thermo plug in there hopefully it’s enough.

Trouble is where i have 8 plants in a scrog the canopy is quite dense now so it does get cold on the bottom

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Squaggy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yeah I have a 1500w oil rad on a thermo plug in there hopefully it’s enough.

Trouble is where i have 8 plants in a scrog the canopy is quite dense now so it does get cold on the bottom
    What about a couple of these tubular heaters in between the pots?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast