Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 86

Thread: Dutch Passion April 19 Grow Out

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    1,045
    Thanks
    8,906
    Thanked 4,172 Times in 1,027 Posts

    Default Dutch Passion April 19 Grow Out

    Hello folks!

    So here we are with what will be my first full grow in my 4x4! Thank you Macky, Dutch Passion and of course the Talk for giving me the knowledge, seeds and community to participate!

    Seeds:
    3x Gifted Dutch Passion Auto Colorado Cookies
    1x Seedsman freebie Critical Jack x
    1x Seedsman freebie White Widow Auto

    *Making this a free seed grow thank you again!

    MEDIUM = Papertowel germed seeds placed in jiffy starters and put in 3 gallon bags of Fox Farm Ocean Forest with some extra worm castings added.

    NUTES = Plan on using Bushdoctors micro brew for soil maintenance. Fox Farm line is available if we cant keep the dirt going.

    Hardware: *NOT A STEALTH GROW*
    Tent 4x4
    Ventilation intake 4", out 6", circulation 6" oscillating fan & 26" Tower fan
    Lights are DIY and made out of 107% 'Murica


  2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CuriousaurusRex For This Useful Post:

    CityDweller (13-04-19), Gaz (07-05-19), hotshot (14-04-19), lipnobody (13-05-19), riot (19-04-19), Starcodex (18-04-19)

  3. #2
    Macky Guest

    Default

    Sweet, good luck mate! I'm first in I think

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

    CityDweller (13-04-19), CuriousaurusRex (14-04-19), hotshot (14-04-19)

  5. #3

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    dark side of the moon
    Posts
    1,223
    Thanks
    4,317
    Thanked 6,260 Times in 1,181 Posts

    Default

    good luck bud!!!!!

  6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pablo69 For This Useful Post:

    CityDweller (13-04-19), CuriousaurusRex (14-04-19), Gaz (07-05-19), hotshot (14-04-19), lipnobody (13-05-19)

  7. #4

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    5,146
    Thanks
    40,405
    Thanked 20,608 Times in 5,097 Posts

    Default

    Nothing better than growing free seeds! I always put the freebies to the front of the line. They deserve it.

    You will smash it and we will enjoy the grow.

    Cheers

  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

    CuriousaurusRex (14-04-19), Gaz (07-05-19), hotshot (14-04-19), lipnobody (13-05-19)

  9. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    1,045
    Thanks
    8,906
    Thanked 4,172 Times in 1,027 Posts

    Default

    Hey! Great to see you all. All of our seeds sprouted with no issues! Lights have been lowered to 36 inches above the plants @ 200w.

    #1,2 & 3 Colorado cookies
    #4 White Widow
    #5 Critical Jack

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CuriousaurusRex For This Useful Post:

    CityDweller (16-04-19), hotshot (16-04-19), lipnobody (13-05-19)

  11. #6

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    1,045
    Thanks
    8,906
    Thanked 4,172 Times in 1,027 Posts

    Default

    Things are getting too leggy so Im turning all of the lights on @36 inches. I have a feeling this is due to the leds having no lenses leading to an uneven lighting space. It will be easier to deal with an evenly, over light space than a patchy one.

    If they are all dead tomorrow then ermmm I have more thinking to do.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CuriousaurusRex For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (18-04-19), lipnobody (13-05-19)

  13. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    1,045
    Thanks
    8,906
    Thanked 4,172 Times in 1,027 Posts

    Default

    Decided to not be lazy and dropped the lights so they could properly be lit. Really wishing I wouldn't have used 2x2's to make the frame for the lights.

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CuriousaurusRex For This Useful Post:

    CityDweller (19-04-19), hotshot (18-04-19), lipnobody (13-05-19)

  15. #8

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,258
    Thanks
    308,611
    Thanked 27,124 Times in 7,795 Posts

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousaurusRex View Post
    Decided to not be lazy and dropped the lights so they could properly be lit. Really wishing I wouldn't have used 2x2's to make the frame for the lights.
    They look a little on the heavy side, but A good start.

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hotshot For This Useful Post:

    CityDweller (19-04-19), CuriousaurusRex (19-04-19), lipnobody (13-05-19)

  17. #9

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    North East Scotland
    Posts
    377
    Thanks
    2,425
    Thanked 1,693 Times in 378 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousaurusRex View Post
    Hello folks!

    So here we are with what will be my first full grow in my 4x4! Thank you Macky, Dutch Passion and of course the Talk for giving me the knowledge, seeds and community to participate!

    Seeds:
    3x Gifted Dutch Passion Auto Colorado Cookies
    1x Seedsman freebie Critical Jack x
    1x Seedsman freebie White Widow Auto

    *Making this a free seed grow thank you again!

    MEDIUM = Papertowel germed seeds placed in jiffy starters and put in 3 gallon bags of Fox Farm Ocean Forest with some extra worm castings added.

    NUTES = Plan on using Bushdoctors micro brew for soil maintenance. Fox Farm line is available if we cant keep the dirt going.

    Hardware: *NOT A STEALTH GROW*
    Tent 4x4
    Ventilation intake 4", out 6", circulation 6" oscillating fan & 26" Tower fan
    Lights are DIY and made out of 107% 'Murica

    Wow. That light is something else rex dude. I like it alot, that's fking cool.

    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

  18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Starcodex For This Useful Post:

    CityDweller (19-04-19), CuriousaurusRex (19-04-19), hotshot (19-04-19), lipnobody (13-05-19)

  19. #10

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    1,045
    Thanks
    8,906
    Thanked 4,172 Times in 1,027 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    They look a little on the heavy side, but A good start.
    They are a pita. They aren't too heavy for the tent frame or anything but they are 3 foot long and there are 8 hangers to fiddle with. Im too old and fat for any of that.

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CuriousaurusRex For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (19-04-19), lipnobody (13-05-19)

  21. #11

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    1,045
    Thanks
    8,906
    Thanked 4,172 Times in 1,027 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starcodex View Post
    Wow. That light is something else rex dude. I like it alot, that's fking cool.

    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Thank ya! Its somthing fo sho

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CuriousaurusRex For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (19-04-19), lipnobody (13-05-19)

  23. #12

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    1,045
    Thanks
    8,906
    Thanked 4,172 Times in 1,027 Posts

    Default

    Alright gents, payment has to be made for cutting corners and the collector has come. The lazy lighting blasted the seedlings for only a few hours but it was enough to cost me a Colorado cookie.

    I was almost positive this was going to happen last night so I went ahead and germd a Amnesia Auto (nother freebie from Seedsman). The seed was cracked this evening and she was planted in the same pot I had prepared for the Colorado cookie.

    The other 4 are doing great though the Critical jack does have some janky leaves.

    Thank you all for reading.

  24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CuriousaurusRex For This Useful Post:

    CityDweller (19-04-19), hotshot (19-04-19), lipnobody (13-05-19), riot (19-04-19)

  25. #13

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    1,045
    Thanks
    8,906
    Thanked 4,172 Times in 1,027 Posts

    Default

    Lights are going well at the moment and all of our girls are doing good. No nutes just water every few days.

    #1 Colorado cookies (2 weeks)
    #2 top White Widow / bottom Critical jack (2 weeks)
    #3 Amnesia (1 week)


    Take care all!

  26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CuriousaurusRex For This Useful Post:

    CityDweller (25-04-19), hotshot (26-04-19), IceCalibur (25-04-19), lipnobody (13-05-19)

  27. #14

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    1,045
    Thanks
    8,906
    Thanked 4,172 Times in 1,027 Posts

    Default

    We are continuing along with the grow! I am debating if I am going to do any training at all on these plants. Im afraid if I dont they will end up too tall. Everything got a half dose of tea tonight.

    1: Colorado cookies
    2: Amnesia
    3: White Widow (top), Critical jack (bottom)


    Thank you all!

  28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CuriousaurusRex For This Useful Post:

    CityDweller (28-04-19), hotshot (28-04-19), IceCalibur (28-04-19), lipnobody (13-05-19)

  29. Default

    Coming along nicely CuriousaurusRex, I like the looks of these square fabric containers..care to share the brand name bud?

  30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

    CityDweller (28-04-19), CuriousaurusRex (28-04-19), hotshot (28-04-19), lipnobody (13-05-19)

  31. #16

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    1,045
    Thanks
    8,906
    Thanked 4,172 Times in 1,027 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Coming along nicely CuriousaurusRex, I like the looks of these square fabric containers..care to share the brand name bud?
    Thank ya Ice!

    Casolly Square Fabric pots 3 gallon

    Got them on amazon. I like them because the have outside loops to put support stick through.

  32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CuriousaurusRex For This Useful Post:

    CityDweller (28-04-19), hotshot (28-04-19), IceCalibur (28-04-19), lipnobody (13-05-19)

  33. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousaurusRex View Post
    Thank ya Ice!

    Casolly Square Fabric pots 3 gallon

    Got them on amazon. I like them because the have outside loops to put support stick through.
    Yeah the loops look they would be helpful, it's a shame though they didn't add something to keep the rigidity of the 'square'... I wonder if some diy could overcome this somehow since square pots are much better space wise.

    Thanks for the info will check them out!

  34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

    CityDweller (28-04-19), CuriousaurusRex (28-04-19), hotshot (28-04-19), lipnobody (13-05-19)

  35. #18

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    1,045
    Thanks
    8,906
    Thanked 4,172 Times in 1,027 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Yeah the loops look they would be helpful, it's a shame though they didn't add something to keep the rigidity of the 'square'... I wonder if some diy could overcome this somehow since square pots are much better space wise.

    Thanks for the info will check them out!
    That is a complaint I have with them. Ive done some digging and it seems people have better luck turning the pot inside out. That is supposed to help the supportes to stay upright instead of angled but I forgot to do it.

  36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CuriousaurusRex For This Useful Post:

    CityDweller (28-04-19), hotshot (28-04-19), IceCalibur (28-04-19), lipnobody (13-05-19)

  37. #19

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    5,146
    Thanks
    40,405
    Thanked 20,608 Times in 5,097 Posts

    Default

    The square pot is an awesome concept. I will try a different brand to see if they hold shape better.

  38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

    CuriousaurusRex (29-04-19), hotshot (29-04-19), IceCalibur (29-04-19), lipnobody (13-05-19)

  39. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CityDweller View Post
    The square pot is an awesome concept. I will try a different brand to see if they hold shape better.
    Nice one CityDweller, would love to read the results for a different brand

  40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

    CityDweller (29-04-19), CuriousaurusRex (29-04-19), hotshot (29-04-19), lipnobody (13-05-19)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quebec Cannabis Seeds

Bonza Seeds - Over 2000 Strains!     |     bongs - herbtools     |     25% off Cannabis Seeds at Dr Chronic     |     buy a bong from Herb Tools     |     GYO Seedbank     |     www.alibongocannabisseeds.co.uk

THCtalk.com Disclaimer - You must be over 18 years old to view/use this site .THCtalk.com does not encourage growing Cannabis or possessing Cannabis. Learning how to grow Cannabis instructions should be for educational purposes only. All Information contained in this web site is for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and Educational purposes only. Visitors to this website are advised against breaking the law as It is illegal to smoke, grow, or possess cannabis in the UK