Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How to prepare coco and what to use

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,866 Times

Canna coco pro plus no need for perlite or pissing about pre conditioning, bang your plants in, feed and that's all you need to do in run to waste...If your recirculating best give it a flush coz theres loads of bits of crap that comes out that can clog pumps and drippers...

Regards BL

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

Blue (14-04-19), British green (14-04-19), GEORGE (14-04-19), M_C (14-04-19), weedjunkie420 (14-04-19), WF420 (14-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

As blue has rightly pointed out that when growing in coco and using a ph up or down you will kill off anything that's good from the charge or the biosys. The dry cycle will also kill these off

in a green and pleasant land

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

Blue (14-04-19), Bud Lightyear (14-04-19), GEORGE (14-04-19), M_C (14-04-19), weedjunkie420 (14-04-19), WF420 (14-04-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Lightyear View Post
    Canna coco plus no need for perlite or pissing about pre conditioning, bang your plants in, feed and that's all you need to do in run to waste...If your recirculating best give it a flush coz theres loads of bits of crap that comes out that can clog pumps and drippers...

Regards BL
    Cheers dude think that’s the one I’m going to go for. I ordered the rhizosystem xl drip and drain system there mate so hopefully the rhizo bags keep everything in and nothing blocks the drain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to weedjunkie420 For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (14-04-19), GEORGE (14-04-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    As blue has rightly pointed out that when growing in coco and using a ph up or down you will kill off anything that's good from the charge or the biosys. The dry cycle will also kill these off

Cheers for the info mate, so if I’m going to use the charge and biosys do I have to use something else for adjusting the ph? And also is shogun or canna nutrients ok for use with the charge and biosys?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to weedjunkie420 For This Useful Post:

British green (14-04-19), Bud Lightyear (14-04-19), GEORGE (14-04-19)

Macky Guest

I like to soak mine before hand, and then take all the shit that floats and put them into the pots, that's all the nice light airy stuff.

It depends on the brand on whether you need to rinse first or not, canna coco is good shit, and is recommended because of how good they are, probably don't need rinsing too much. But I like to be sure the levels are right.

Gonna be picking myself up some coco tomorrow, can't fucking wait to get back on that train lol

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (14-04-19), GEORGE (15-04-19), weedjunkie420 (14-04-19), WWBB (14-04-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    I like to soak mine before hand, and then take all the shit that floats and put them into the pots, that's all the nice light airy stuff.

It depends on the brand on whether you need to rinse first or not, canna coco is good shit, and is recommended because of how good they are, probably don't need rinsing too much. But I like to be sure the levels are right.

Gonna be picking myself up some coco tomorrow, can't fucking wait to get back on that train lol
    Dude iv been growing rdwc for over a year and a bit and I hate it lol riddled with problems every grow. So packed up everything this morning, cleared the growroom and ordered a rhizosystem xl drip and drain to get me on the coco train as well lol

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to weedjunkie420 For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (14-04-19), GEORGE (15-04-19)

Thanks

Just to add...Canna coco pro plus comes with trichoderma the standard canna coco does not...You may think well what's the point of this when my chem/synthetic nutes and pH acids are just going to kill it off. Well it's still beneficial for getting plants off to a good start and acts as an inoculant even if it doesn't last for the duration of the grow...

Regards BL

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

British green (14-04-19), GEORGE (15-04-19), M_C (14-04-19), weedjunkie420 (14-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

My coco grows with added mykos do better than those without. Full synthetic.

I read mykos denatures at sub ph 4

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (14-04-19), GEORGE (15-04-19), weedjunkie420 (14-04-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    My coco grows with added mykos do better than those without. Full synthetic.

I read mykos denatures at sub ph 4
    I would either go one way or the other synthetic in coco or organic in compost....However you can still add rhizo or great white to your feed solution in coco at any time during the grow for an extra boost, it won't be beneficial to the medium but its readily available for the plant to take up directly. And of course many additive and beneficials can be foliar fed without ever passing through the rhizosphere, liquid silicone as just one example...

Regards BL

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

British green (14-04-19), gardro (14-04-19), GEORGE (15-04-19), weedjunkie420 (14-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Quote Originally Posted by weedjunkie420 View Post
    Cheers for the info mate, so if I’m going to use the charge and biosys do I have to use something else for adjusting the ph? And also is shogun or canna nutrients ok for use with the charge and biosys?

Just really stay away from putting anything organic in your coco .
    Coco is just another form of hydroponic growing.
    Coco is just another medium like pebbles rock wool or perlite it's inert and is nothing more than a blank canvas.
    Read jokers journals or any other successful coco growers journal.
    Canna coco nutes are tried and tested and well used on the forum.
    Face used nothing more than canna coco A and B nutes plus there pk and had amazing results.
    Keeping it simple and using the less is more approach will repay you with a great yield.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (14-04-19), gardro (14-04-19), GEORGE (15-04-19), weedjunkie420 (14-04-19), WWBB (14-04-19)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast