Thread: DWC-water hardness when to use cal/mag in tap water

Thanks

Question DWC-water hardness when to use cal/mag in tap water

hello im in a country that is not legal to grow mj,so im doing it dwc style on my own,,tis is my first real try at growing with all the right nutes (i think) im running canna aqua range with pk/boost/cannzymn/rizo not sure on cal/mag yet,under a 250 watt led light...
    ive read that 0.4ec/200ppm before nutes is the correct measure for tap water to grow weed? my blue lab ppm/ec pen is on its way to confirm my dissolved salts in the tap water...does 200ppm/0.4EC tap water need cal/mag?

ph at a range from 5.3-6.2 is fine i got that...

im trying to see if i need to add cal/mag to my grow,a chart my local govt has for it water quality is below,,

total hardness 31 - 39 (mg CaCO3/L),,,,ph 7.5 - 8.0,,,,total chlorine 0.857 (mg/L),,,,total dissolved salts 72 (mg/L)

can anyone convert the above to us plebs ...will i need cal/mag? the canna Aqua says it has cal/mag in the nutes but im not sure at what level of water hardness envokes using cal/mag as an additive .....

im planning on filling the buckets with tap water then adding the nutes check ph/ppm/ec levels adjust,leave it for 24 hours then check the p/h and ppm/ec is this correct??
    im aiming at 5.8ph and around 600ppm(veg) of nutes in a 5 gallon bucket 200mm air stone in each bucket and a mid size tent.....

i know if i use RO i need to add cal mag... im letting the water sit for 24 hours do i just add a few mls drops to make sure? im a bit lost on this as im all alone trying to figure this out....

And a big thanks to thctalk as this was the only site i could sign up too,all other sites blocked tor or my vpn's or my email on the sign up form,you have a member for life ....thanks in advance....

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to riggs111 For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (14-04-19), GEORGE (14-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

Best to get a baseline on your tap water first...If the Ec is below 0.4 then you will probably need to add some cal-mag at some point during the grow...However these plants don't need a constant supply they only use tiny trace amounts...Your better of foliar feeding cal-mag once a week or thereabouts because it effects the Ec of your feed solution with can be misleading...

Regards BL

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-04-19), riggs111 (15-04-19)

Thanks

ty bud lightyear...so i wont add/spray any extra cal/mag unless its under 0.4ec (tap water) canna aqua will supply what the plant needs if i have a 0.4-0.5ec tap water..on the canna aqua bottle it says it as cal/mag in it already so i figure i'll be ok if my tap water is 0.4 or more and i wont add anymore cal/mag......thnxs again.....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to riggs111 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-04-19)