Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Nearly new grower

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WhIpLaSh View Post
    Morning mate,

Yeah you need variable temperature control. 100°C purges the solvent and then you drop it to about 70°C to purge the last bits of solvent. If it's too hot = sticky oil hell Good luck getting your grow area up-to-speed, always fun eh? Run your ideas past the guys here, they have scary good collective knowledge. Don't trust your grow shop! Haha.

I haven't seen that vid but I've seen similar. Just make sure you're well ventilated when you do it. I'd only use that method outdoors. Too risky indoors for my liking lol.

I've briefly heard about that software. Colour me sceptical I hope I'm wrong because it would be great for that to be available to the public. I got connected with a guy that can test my oil in a lab for a tenner a pop. Have yet to try it but will do so in the next month or so. I'll let you know how it goes. Happy to connect you with him, if the profiling is as good as he says. It was a recommendation from a woman linked to Jeff Ditchfield and Bud Buddies so I'm very hopeful!

50-60% rh is ideal in veg but as long as it ain't as low as in the 20s, they'll be fine. I wouldn't stress too much if your space is restricted. I've even seen guys on here veg in the 20s and the plants have been fine. Obviously not optimal but they're hardy buggers these lol

I've read tons of literature about making medicine from Ruderalis and the consensus is that oil is better from photos. While I agree it's probably better, I've made oil pills and tinctures from Jack Herer autos before and the stuff worked great. Anectdotal but yeah...Your grow shop guys sound like they need a spliff haha

I'll let you know when my welcome pack arrives from UKCSC and how the tagged model works in reality, mate.

Have a good one!

--------------------------------------------------

RDWC diary under IS quantum boards (mentored by British green) https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...British-green)
    Cheers mate,

You are a minefield of knowledge. You've convinced me to go with the distiller, outside is a no no for me as I'm overlooked from every angle so the smell would likely attract attention.

Please do let me know if the testing comes to fruition and you think it's worthwhile, would be useful contacts for the future.

Thanks for the reassurance about the RH, part of me suspected that about 50 is ok, but you know how it is, when I go and look at them I wonder if they would be bigger if the RH was higher. Me over thinking as usual.

My gut feeling about Ruderalis is the same as yours with regards to oil. Though they are different strains my gut feeling is also that my current grow of feminised photo periods will be a better vape/smoke than the autos I grew, but maybe I have a seed planted in my brain (so to speak) by the elitist grow shop staff. Their problem wasn't that they need a spliff, its that they'd had four too many.

Will be interested to hear about the UKCSC. Did occur to me that my COPD is not at a stage yet that it requires any form of treatment, I'm growing now because plants don't just spring up overnight and magically turn into oil, so I want to build up the skills and be prepared; and also if heaven forbid a cancer or other horrors appear it would be the first thing I would try with or without conventional treatments. I have two tears and mild arthritic inflamation in my right shoulders rotor cuff, I don't vape every day but I have noticed an added bonus that if say I vaped on Tuesday evening I don't get any grief from the shoulder for a couple of days (much better than say Nurofen gel). Back to my point; so I wonder if these scenarios, in addition to vaping to make me stop and relax properly and reduce anxiety, count under the tagged plant model as medical need.

Listened to another episode of Cannabis Health Radio earlier, general consensus is that it's best to use three different high THC strains when making oil to cover as many bases as possible with regard to getting different cannabinoids and terpenes etc, which made sense to me. So definately is worth reseraching strains to get a good mix. This episode also mentioned that "official' Canadian dispensaries may be forced to limit the amount of THC content in what they sell, this seems suspicious to me. If THC kills cancer ( the higher the better) it would suit pharma very well to pressure for lower THC content (under the guise of preventing psychosis no doubt) so that only they can legally access high THC strains to create more customers.

My last rant of the day, bye for now.
    Regards

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OrganicViper For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-05-19), WhIpLaSh (28-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 28,825 Times

Quote Originally Posted by OrganicViper View Post
    Cheers mate,

You are a minefield of knowledge. You've convinced me to go with the distiller, outside is a no no for me as I'm overlooked from every angle so the smell would likely attract attention.

Please do let me know if the testing comes to fruition and you think it's worthwhile, would be useful contacts for the future.

Thanks for the reassurance about the RH, part of me suspected that about 50 is ok, but you know how it is, when I go and look at them I wonder if they would be bigger if the RH was higher. Me over thinking as usual.

My gut feeling about Ruderalis is the same as yours with regards to oil. Though they are different strains my gut feeling is also that my current grow of feminised photo periods will be a better vape/smoke than the autos I grew, but maybe I have a seed planted in my brain (so to speak) by the elitist grow shop staff. Their problem wasn't that they need a spliff, its that they'd had four too many.

Will be interested to hear about the UKCSC. Did occur to me that my COPD is not at a stage yet that it requires any form of treatment, I'm growing now because plants don't just spring up overnight and magically turn into oil, so I want to build up the skills and be prepared; and also if heaven forbid a cancer or other horrors appear it would be the first thing I would try with or without conventional treatments. I have two tears and mild arthritic inflamation in my right shoulders rotor cuff, I don't vape every day but I have noticed an added bonus that if say I vaped on Tuesday evening I don't get any grief from the shoulder for a couple of days (much better than say Nurofen gel). Back to my point; so I wonder if these scenarios, in addition to vaping to make me stop and relax properly and reduce anxiety, count under the tagged plant model as medical need.

Listened to another episode of Cannabis Health Radio earlier, general consensus is that it's best to use three different high THC strains when making oil to cover as many bases as possible with regard to getting different cannabinoids and terpenes etc, which made sense to me. So definately is worth reseraching strains to get a good mix. This episode also mentioned that "official' Canadian dispensaries may be forced to limit the amount of THC content in what they sell, this seems suspicious to me. If THC kills cancer ( the higher the better) it would suit pharma very well to pressure for lower THC content (under the guise of preventing psychosis no doubt) so that only they can legally access high THC strains to create more customers.

My last rant of the day, bye for now.
    Regards
    You won't go wrong with the distiller especially at that price.

I'll let you know about the tests once I've done one. Pretty stoked to see what the results are like.

Optimal rh is one thing but real life is another Not too low and you'll be good.

I've smoked fems, regs and autos. Couldn't tell a difference at all. I'd be surprised if anyone could but perhaps I'm wrong...

That's a common sense approach with learning to make the oil, whether you actually need it for the COPD or not. It can treat so many ailments, it's worth having some on hand. I don't see why any of the things you mentioned wouldn't be relevant for the tagged plant model...

I've just started listening to Corrie's story on YouTube The varied strains is also a very smart way of approaching oil. Particularly in cancer treatment, certain strains can antagonise a cancer instead of suppress it. The info is all online.

Your theory about the lower % THC strains in Canada is plausible. Nothing about corporations, pharmaceutical or otherwise, surprises me anymore. Profit supercedes all. Using the angle of the danger to young brains is very emotive (and smart) on their part. The science doesn't back their arguments though but why let the truth get in the way of a good narrative?

That's my rant done too

RDWC diary under IS quantum boards (mentored by British green) https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...British-green)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhIpLaSh For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-05-19), OrganicViper (28-04-19)

Thanks

You won't go wrong with the distiller especially at that price.

I'll let you know about the tests once I've done one. Pretty stoked to see what the results are like.

Optimal rh is one thing but real life is another Not too low and you'll be good.

I've smoked fems, regs and autos. Couldn't tell a difference at all. I'd be surprised if anyone could but perhaps I'm wrong...

That's a common sense approach with learning to make the oil, whether you actually need it for the COPD or not. It can treat so many ailments, it's worth having some on hand. I don't see why any of the things you mentioned wouldn't be relevant for the tagged plant model...

I've just started listening to Corrie's story on YouTube The varied strains is also a very smart way of approaching oil. Particularly in cancer treatment, certain strains can antagonise a cancer instead of suppress it. The info is all online.

Your theory about the lower % THC strains in Canada is plausible. Nothing about corporations, pharmaceutical or otherwise, surprises me anymore. Profit supercedes all. Using the angle of the danger to young brains is very emotive (and smart) on their part. The science doesn't back their arguments though but why let the truth get in the way of a good narrative?

That's my rant done too

Cheers,

Interesting what you said about some strains antaganising cancer, listened to an episode of Cannabis Health Radio today, where it seems that high THC strains antaganise hormone driven breast cancer and for those people it seems a ratio of betweenn 1:1, !:2 or 1:3 of THC:CBD is effective. Also that for most cancer it's better to take THC and CBD seperately. So much food for thought. Have a good whats left of Sunday.
    Regards

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OrganicViper For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-05-19), WhIpLaSh (28-04-19)

Thanks

Cheers,

Interesting what you said about some strains antaganising cancer, listened to an episode of Cannabis Health Radio today, where it seems that high THC strains antaganise hormone driven breast cancer and for those people it seems a ratio of betweenn 1:1, !:2 or 1:3 of THC:CBD is effective. Also that for most cancer it's better to take THC and CBD seperately. So much food for thought. Have a good whats left of Sunday.
    Regards
    Hey mate, hope you're well?

Took their time but the welcome pack from the UKCSC arrived this morning. Here are some pics and specifically pics of the tagged plant collective flyer. I've tried to message them on Instagram and I've emailed them about how to actually buy the tags but they're run by unpaid volunteers so I'm sure they'll get around to it eventually Hope this sheds some light...

----------------------------------------------------
    RDWC diary under IS quantum boards (mentored by British green) https://bit.ly/2VjQGYy

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhIpLaSh For This Useful Post:

GasMan (25-05-19), GEORGE (25-05-19), IceCalibur (25-05-19)

Thanks

Hey mate, hope you're well?

Took their time but the welcome pack from the UKCSC arrived this morning. Here are some pics and specifically pics of the tagged plant collective flyer. I've tried to message them on Instagram and I've emailed them about how to actually buy the tags but they're run by unpaid volunteers so I'm sure they'll get around to it eventually Hope this sheds some light...

RDWC diary under IS quantum boards (mentored by British green) https://bit.ly/2VjQGYy
    Hi Mate,
    Thanks for remembering to let me know when you had received your pack from UKCSC. Looks good.
    Haven't been online for a while as I've been rearranging rooms for my 1.2 metre square tent, which I finally got up and running yesterday.
    Hope all is well, I'm going to look at your grow diary now.
    Regards

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OrganicViper For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-06-19), WhIpLaSh (02-06-19)

Thanks

Hi Mate,
    Thanks for remembering to let me know when you had received your pack from UKCSC. Looks good.
    Haven't been online for a while as I've been rearranging rooms for my 1.2 metre square tent, which I finally got up and running yesterday.
    Hope all is well, I'm going to look at your grow diary now.
    Regards
    Glad you've got the tent up, mate. Still battling to find out how to buy the tags for the plant collective tbh...they're pretty stretched resource-wise so will probably take a while

12. The Following User Says Thank You to WhIpLaSh For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-06-19)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4