Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Nearly new grower

Thanks

Default Nearly new grower

Hi Ladies and Gents,

I have been growing since August 2018 in a small 0.8 by 0.6 tent. I started smoking in the mid to late 1980s when i could get it (mostly average quality hash) until 2007 when I stopped smoking altogether. Several events coincided last year, I was diagnosed with very mild COPD (thank god I stopped tobacco when I did) and thanks to the increased interest and information world wide i started reading about the many medicinal benefits of cannabis for all sorts of conditions and diseases including COPD and I avidly followed Rick Simpson and Cannabis Health Radio (hopefully that will get up and running again this year - website in development).

So the main driver for me was to grow enough to produce my own oil and tinctures etc not just for COPD but for who knows what other horrors may arise in the future; seems to me that high quality cannabis oil should be in everyones medicine box for treatment and / or relief of pain and nausea etc. I don't need any pumps etc at the moment as apart from decades of smoking tobacco my lifestyle regarding weight, exercise and diet has always been good, so unless I am unlucky I should be able to slow its progression to a crawl; although as my doctor says it will kill you in the end but only if something else doesn't get you first!!!

I do also enjoy getting high to relax properly and bring everything into balance (I'm using an Arizer vaporiser and am considering buying a volcano, apparently they are the gold standard)

Back to growing, my first two attempts were Daqiuri Lime, Euforia and Colorado Cookies all autos from Dutch Passion in organic compost under a 100w Migro LED light which went pretty well apart from a massive attack of Fungus Knats at the beginning of the first grow, which I managed to control with neem oil. I didn't weigh the dried bud but I am not even half way through the first harvest which was cured just before Christmas (having said that I only have one bowl a day). However in my small tent it's going to take a while to get the quantity needed to produce oil etc so I am looking at a second bigger tent and hydro etc. My current grow are regular feminised Jack Herer, Super Silver Haze and Blue Dream CBD.

Ever since I started growing I get paranoia attacks that my door is going to be kicked in etc. Today would be a good example, whilst out in my back garden I had inadvertently left my front door ajar. It didn't take long for me to convice myself that someone had crept in discovered my grow and ratted. Obviously technically possible but very unlikely. All my equipment was bought in person and with cash and I made several visits to drag it all home from the grow shop, even my small Gorrilla tent is heavy after a few hundred yards. The staff in the grow shop were great but they all thought I was mad. It probably was a bit OTT. I don't like keeping secrets from my family and friends but they would either not approve or are gossipy and wouldn't be able to resist telling (just one person) so I am glad to be able to communicate with and get support from like minded people on forums etc.

OK I have droned on for long enough I will be seeking a lot of advice about adding to my set up, grow tips and security over the coming days; so thanks for reading and good luck. Any comments on my rant would be appreciated

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to OrganicViper For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (20-04-19), G' (21-04-19), GasMan (20-04-19), Gaz (20-04-19), GEORGE (25-05-19), IceCalibur (20-04-19), redisiel (21-04-19), WhIpLaSh (21-04-19)

3. Default

Hello and welcome to the community OrganicViper, nice to have you here

Sorry to read about your issues but glad you are finding cannabis helps you, which is one of the many reasons we all grow..wether it be helping us cope with pain right through to getting us through a particularly tough day, a beautiful plant all of us here appreciate.

I can completely understand your paranoia and even if perhaps you may be over the top, it's always better in my mind to keep yourself safe and secure..then over time perhaps you'll feel more at ease too

With regards to keeping secrets from family friends, the fewer people know the better in my opinion!

You'll find very experienced growers here who love to share their knowledge with others..so don't hesitate to ask away!..there is no such thing as a silly question

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

G' (21-04-19), Gaz (20-04-19), GEORGE (25-05-19), redisiel (21-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,828 Times

Welcome Sounds like you have had it very rough the last year or so. I hope you find the info and advice here to help with your oils etc, I am afraid I am more of a newbie than you so can't help there. They are all such a lovely bunch though and its brilliant to have a place you can chat about it all, especially if you get the bouts of paranoia! A little paranoia is a good thing, keeps you on your toes but my isn't it horrible when it hits hard

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to curiouscultivator For This Useful Post:

G' (21-04-19), Gaz (20-04-19), GEORGE (25-05-19), redisiel (21-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,510 Times

Welcome mate

Better to be para than complacent, although do try to chill a bit mate. Honestly 2 plants being grown for meds aint a bust mate unless they have other reasons to visit.

Dont sell
    Dont tell
    Dont smell

My little addition...
    Be good to your neighbours (I find fresh trout from fishing helps)

You will be fine mate and worse case you get a slap on the wrist if you dont follow the rules so try to chill.

I. Suffer horrendous anxiety at the moment mate so I feel you totally my man but you will be ok mate

We will all help you along and the site is pure percy growers with strict rules and harsh actions to keep us safe
    Last edited by Gaz; 20-04-19 at 07:43 PM.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (28-04-19), G' (21-04-19), GEORGE (25-05-19), IceCalibur (20-04-19)

Thanks

Thanks,
    It's not giving me any major problems at the moment but it is progressive and conventional treatments are mostly steroid based with long term side effects so I want to be prepared as much as possible. I didn't mean to sound melodramatic there's no doubt that you could be told news that's a million times worse. You're right about a little paranoia being a good thing, if it gets that bad i just reach for the vape, ten minutes later I'm not paranoid anymore. Best wishes.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OrganicViper For This Useful Post:

G' (21-04-19), GEORGE (25-05-19)

Thanks

Gaz,

Thanks for your calming reply. I know what your saying is correct but sometimes I get a bit creeped out; and I'm an expert at overthinking things.
    Sorry to hear that you are going through a period of bad anxiety, I can get anxious sometimes but not to the point where it gets debilitating. Do you find weed helps or do you have to lay off it for a period? If you haven't already it's worth listening to the Cannabis Health Radio interviews on YouTube. Do you know of anyone who has joined UKCSC or follows their tagged plant model, that's something else I want to investigate, especially as I don't have any friends that partake. Thanks again and I hope that your anxiety subsides soon, like you say everything will be fine.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OrganicViper For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (28-04-19), G' (21-04-19), Gaz (20-04-19), GEORGE (25-05-19), redisiel (21-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,510 Times

Quote Originally Posted by OrganicViper View Post
    Gaz,

Thanks for your calming reply. I know what your saying is correct but sometimes I get a bit creeped out; and I'm an expert at overthinking things.
    Sorry to hear that you are going through a period of bad anxiety, I can get anxious sometimes but not to the point where it gets debilitating. Do you find weed helps or do you have to lay off it for a period? If you haven't already it's worth listening to the Cannabis Health Radio interviews on YouTube. Do you know of anyone who has joined UKCSC or follows their tagged plant model, that's something else I want to investigate, especially as I don't have any friends that partake. Thanks again and I hope that your anxiety subsides soon, like you say everything will be fine.
    Weed helps mate, my situation is complicated but weed is my friend for sure.

I am an overthinker mate and currently scared of my own. Shadow but growing as a reasonably decent human that staya out of trouble and lives a low key life means "busts" are unlikely. Worse case is the old bill knock and ask for a chat and a look around and the grow gets shut down. You aint cooking meth brother

Look at the worst case and if your OK with that then whats the problem. We aint putting money in the hands of criminal gangs or fuelling terroism or all that bollox.
    Yes it is illegal end of but you are a tadpole in the North Atlantic ocean mate.

Dont tell
    Dont sell
    Get a a carbon filter and have odour control and you will be golden mate.

This is a solid commumity of growers that just wanna grow there own meds/recs and stay outta trouble. Other forums are full of guys boasting hugw grows ect. Your in good company. Mate

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (28-04-19), G' (21-04-19), GEORGE (25-05-19), IceCalibur (20-04-19), lipnobody (28-04-19), redisiel (21-04-19)

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Weed helps mate, my situation is complicated but weed is my friend for sure.

I am an overthinker mate and currently scared of my own. Shadow but growing as a reasonably decent human that staya out of trouble and lives a low key life means "busts" are unlikely. Worse case is the old bill knock and ask for a chat and a look around and the grow gets shut down. You aint cooking meth brother

Look at the worst case and if your OK with that then whats the problem. We aint putting money in the hands of criminal gangs or fuelling terroism or all that bollox.
    Yes it is illegal end of but you are a tadpole in the North Atlantic ocean mate.

Dont tell
    Dont sell
    Get a a carbon filter and have odour control and you will be golden mate.

This is a solid commumity of growers that just wanna grow there own meds/recs and stay outta trouble. Other forums are full of guys boasting hugw grows ect. Your in good company. Mate
    Very wise words Gaz mate..you put it absolutely perfectly

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (28-04-19), G' (21-04-19), Gaz (20-04-19), GEORGE (25-05-19), OrganicViper (21-04-19), redisiel (21-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,068 Times

Hi Ladies and Gents,

I have been growing since August 2018 in a small 0.8 by 0.6 tent. I started smoking in the mid to late 1980s when i could get it (mostly average quality hash) until 2007 when I stopped smoking altogether. Several events coincided last year, I was diagnosed with very mild COPD (thank god I stopped tobacco when I did) and thanks to the increased interest and information world wide i started reading about the many medicinal benefits of cannabis for all sorts of conditions and diseases including COPD and I avidly followed Rick Simpson and Cannabis Health Radio (hopefully that will get up and running again this year - website in development).

So the main driver for me was to grow enough to produce my own oil and tinctures etc not just for COPD but for who knows what other horrors may arise in the future; seems to me that high quality cannabis oil should be in everyones medicine box for treatment and / or relief of pain and nausea etc. I don't need any pumps etc at the moment as apart from decades of smoking tobacco my lifestyle regarding weight, exercise and diet has always been good, so unless I am unlucky I should be able to slow its progression to a crawl; although as my doctor says it will kill you in the end but only if something else doesn't get you first!!!

I do also enjoy getting high to relax properly and bring everything into balance (I'm using an Arizer vaporiser and am considering buying a volcano, apparently they are the gold standard)

Back to growing, my first two attempts were Daqiuri Lime, Euforia and Colorado Cookies all autos from Dutch Passion in organic compost under a 100w Migro LED light which went pretty well apart from a massive attack of Fungus Knats at the beginning of the first grow, which I managed to control with neem oil. I didn't weigh the dried bud but I am not even half way through the first harvest which was cured just before Christmas (having said that I only have one bowl a day). However in my small tent it's going to take a while to get the quantity needed to produce oil etc so I am looking at a second bigger tent and hydro etc. My current grow are regular feminised Jack Herer, Super Silver Haze and Blue Dream CBD.

Ever since I started growing I get paranoia attacks that my door is going to be kicked in etc. Today would be a good example, whilst out in my back garden I had inadvertently left my front door ajar. It didn't take long for me to convice myself that someone had crept in discovered my grow and ratted. Obviously technically possible but very unlikely. All my equipment was bought in person and with cash and I made several visits to drag it all home from the grow shop, even my small Gorrilla tent is heavy after a few hundred yards. The staff in the grow shop were great but they all thought I was mad. It probably was a bit OTT. I don't like keeping secrets from my family and friends but they would either not approve or are gossipy and wouldn't be able to resist telling (just one person) so I am glad to be able to communicate with and get support from like minded people on forums etc.

OK I have droned on for long enough I will be seeking a lot of advice about adding to my set up, grow tips and security over the coming days; so thanks for reading and good luck. Any comments on my rant would be appreciated
    Bro I feel you about the paranoia one hundred percent. Every time I hear a helicopter overhead it kills me. I have 4 plants in an insulated loft space with 1200w over them. So not a factory by any means but I always think of the what ifs. And if I think of it after smoking a joint it’s ten times worse haha.

What gaz said about keeping the neighbors sweet is deffo a big one as if your keeping a low profile they are the only ones who could know. My fans are boxed and filled with insulating foam which has helped loads with noise. There is stil some air movement noise but it’s not too much. I hope you get what you want from your grow and try not to stress out too much about it it’s super therapeutic and worst case scenario you’ll have a slap on the wrist.

All the best with you grow bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GasMan For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (28-04-19), G' (21-04-19), Gaz (20-04-19), GEORGE (25-05-19), redisiel (21-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 28,825 Times

Hi Ladies and Gents,

Welcome to the Talk

My wife's been treating her dad with cannabis oil for his COPD and it's extremely effective. Best of luck in your journey, fella.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to WhIpLaSh For This Useful Post:

British green (28-04-19), curiouscultivator (28-04-19), G' (21-04-19), Gaz (21-04-19), GEORGE (25-05-19), IceCalibur (21-04-19), redisiel (21-04-19)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast