Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Need Advice

Thanks

appreciate the input guys!

So maybe I'll just start with my watering habits, and stop filtering the water. So the high ph (8.2) of my tap shouldn't need to be phed down?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to capogino For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (25-04-19), GEORGE (25-04-19), Itslittyofc (25-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,948 Times

Quote Originally Posted by capogino View Post
    appreciate the input guys!

So maybe I'll just start with my watering habits, and stop filtering the water. So the high ph (8.2) of my tap shouldn't need to be phed down?
    Yeah mate normal tap water for a bit, if she responds nicely then carry on mate. Remember to drain the runoff after watering too, that way if it is a root problem that should sort it out.

I don’t think the PH will be bothering it mate, but if you wanted to rule it out you could always PH it down to 6.5 which is what your soil would be around when you bought it I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Itslittyofc For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (25-04-19), GEORGE (27-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,171 Times

Personally I have nasty tap water. I use a 5 stage RO filter and manually add back in everything the plant needs to grow. I always PH down to 6.5. When I don't I have problems later in the grow.

I use cloth pots as well. I find that so much water passes thru them that the pots don't get fully saturated. My pots sit in the runoff for about an hour to suck it back up. If any runoff remains after an hour I then drain it.

To PH test the soil I run RO or Distilled water thru the pot and allow it to sit in the runoff for at least 30 minutes. I then test the PH of the runoff and elevate the pot on a mesh screen with a fan to dry faster.

Cheers

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-04-19), Itslittyofc (25-04-19)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2