Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nitrogen toxicity?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,814 Times

Default Answered: Nitrogen toxicity?

Anyone tell me if I’ve got nitrogen toxicity on these plants please I’ve looked it up after seeing clawing of my oldest fan leaves and even new growth is twisted I’ve backed off the ec from1.1 to 0.8 to try and sort the problem new growth does look a bit better today they’ve been in system for 17 days today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. "
    Quote Originally Posted by HYDRO_VIRGIN#1 View Post
    Yep with a x60 loupe and seen nothing at all on or under the leaves was going to treat with neem oil but what’s the point if I don’t know what it is I am trying to treat, would nitro toxicity not do this to the leaves? I’ve got holes and a few tears but that’s it, that’s why I originally bought neem oil to kill off pests but none.

Like Joker says, it's a bit N heavy but nothing to speak of, IMO. (I'm no longer a hyrdo grower, btw so ignore me) but it does look like you have something gnawing on the leaves."

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HYDRO_VIRGIN#1 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (29-04-19), GEORGE (29-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,286 Times
    Provided Answers: 12

Have you done a good bug check?
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/signaturepics/sigpic82640_3.gif

Neckbeard, cute dog, pansy-ass fuck* pursuing herb immunity since 1966

*TM. HazyClouds (RIP)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-04-19), IceCalibur (29-04-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Herbitual View Post
    Have you done a good bug check?
    Yep with a x60 loupe and seen nothing at all on or under the leaves was going to treat with neem oil but what’s the point if I don’t know what it is I am trying to treat, would nitro toxicity not do this to the leaves? I’ve got holes and a few tears but that’s it, that’s why I originally bought neem oil to kill off pests but none.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HYDRO_VIRGIN#1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times
    Provided Answers: 176

seen worse buddy, wots your back ground ec at? was it 0.1 or sumfin dead low? less is defo more when you got soft water

9. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-04-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    seen worse buddy, wots your back ground ec at? was it 0.1 or sumfin dead low? less is defo more when you got soft water
    0.2 mate

11. The Following User Says Thank You to HYDRO_VIRGIN#1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-04-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HYDRO_VIRGIN#1 View Post

Like Joker says, it's a bit N heavy but nothing to speak of, IMO. (I'm no longer a hyrdo grower, btw so ignore me) but it does look like you have something gnawing on the leaves.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (29-04-19), GEORGE (29-04-19)

Thanks

Like Joker says, it's a bit N heavy but nothing to speak of, IMO. (I'm no longer a hyrdo grower, btw so ignore me) but it does look like you have something gnawing on the leaves.
    Think I might try the neem oil after all then

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HYDRO_VIRGIN#1 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (29-04-19), GEORGE (29-04-19), IceCalibur (29-04-19)

Thanks

Worth getting more opinions...@macky.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (29-04-19), GEORGE (29-04-19), IceCalibur (29-04-19)

Macky Guest

Worth getting more opinions...@macky.
    Something is definitely eating them leaves, a few marks can be put down to accidental damages, but some there are definitely bug bites.

Look like big bites, maybe adult thrips have got in, then laid some eggs recently, they will hatch soon if they haven't already. You really gotta check close, in the centre of the leaves where the leaves meet the stem, you might see some bugs there.

Not sure, but does look like bugs. The plant other than that looks fine. No too excessive in nitrogen. You're all good there, the marks are coming from a pest

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (29-04-19), GEORGE (29-04-19), Herbitual (29-04-19)

Macky Guest

Default Nitrogen toxicity?

Nah, those bites are too big for thrips. Mites too. You're looking for a caterpillar or two... that's not gonna be easy, but get searching, especially under the leaves, you will find something somewhere....

You might find it easier to look for droppings tbf, tiny black dots, that look like, well, caterpillar shit lol.

Let me know mate
    Last edited by Macky; 29-04-19 at 03:29 PM.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (29-04-19), GEORGE (29-04-19), Herbitual (29-04-19), IceCalibur (29-04-19)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast