Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hermie Debate in-house... need opinion

Thanks

Unhappy Hermie Debate in-house... need opinion

My hubby and I are growing out a couple of Sherb Breath females, and recently i was trimming and noticed some ODD looking white specks on the lower branches. one fell off when i tried to get a closer look, so i picked it up. it looked like a malformed male flower, only white, and the inner parts were brownish. I started checking, and found several of them, poking out where the leaf meets the stem. I showed them to my husband, who isn't as convinced as I am that it is a male flower. I pulled off a triple bunch of calyx that had some odd brownish stuff coming out of the middle along with the hairs, reminded me of the inside of the brownish flower thing. I couldnt get a good photo of that, but i did manage to get a couple of close-ups of one i left on there. I think it looks familiar because we just finished growing out our first male in the last round of growing, and i dealt with it exclusively. My husband has never been close to the male, so doesn't know what it looks like in the same way you get to know a male plant as you harvest pollen. but they are formed weird, except for the one in the photo. but it is also white, and has a brownish tinge on the inside. Please tell me this isn't what i think it is..... there are TWO other females in there with her, and one of them was one we hand-pollinated, with a paper bag and tiny paintbrush. did we screw up the other two as well when we pollinated, or do you think this third plant is just a straight hermie? i need some advice here...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF2815.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	372118Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF2802 (2).jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	112.9 KB 
ID:	372119

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SwampLilly For This Useful Post:

British green (09-05-19), CityDweller (09-05-19), G' (09-05-19), GEORGE (09-05-19), IceCalibur (09-05-19), Kurdt (09-05-19), lltfdaniel (09-05-19)

3. Default

Hi SwampLilly, welcome to the forum and nice to have you here

Unfortunately ..to me that does look like a male flower sack but please wait for some more opinions before going ahead with anything!

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

British green (09-05-19), CityDweller (09-05-19), G' (09-05-19), GEORGE (09-05-19), Kurdt (09-05-19), lltfdaniel (09-05-19), SwampLilly (09-05-19), Valentina (09-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,075 Times

welcome to the talk, judging by the frost already in the pics yer too far along now to do anything about it, id just pick off what you can find n bring it to harvest.

top tip
    get a dairy running on here, n follow a few other grows, we’ll put yis rightly
    skin it roll it lick it twist it.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lipnobody For This Useful Post:

British green (09-05-19), CityDweller (09-05-19), G' (09-05-19), GEORGE (09-05-19), SwampLilly (09-05-19), Valentina (09-05-19)

Thanks

I found this hard little thing inside of the calyx w/ the brown crud inside. it was a clear, greenish.... seed? i almost want to throw up if this really is a full hermie, and not just one with a weird sac r two... is it possible to have the male flower only partially form inside of the female part, and then STILL produce a seed, whether viable or not? like i said above, there is one in there with her that we hand-pollinated, and i'm worried i'm going to have to chop HER down too, with all her good seed unripened, to prevent mixing them up with hermie genetics. this is a nightmare. also, is it possible for a hermie to grow out next to a plant and NOT pollinate it? im grasping at straws at this point, i know... but i'm still fairly new to this, so expect lots of questions.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SwampLilly For This Useful Post:

British green (09-05-19), CityDweller (09-05-19), G' (09-05-19), GEORGE (09-05-19)

Thanks

ugh, I was worried that was the case. my biggest question now is what to do with the branch we hand pollinated on the other strain? is it too risky to keep them, or should we just toss them in case? the mother and father were clean as far as I could tell. nice, open structure, but im pretty sure i just found some on the sherb breath's sister, too. is it common for two out of two seeds on a certain strain to both hermie in exactly the same way?

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SwampLilly For This Useful Post:

British green (09-05-19), CityDweller (09-05-19), G' (09-05-19), GEORGE (09-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

Haven't had anything to do with breeding and pollinating etc' but it doesn't sound good Sister i'm sure some of the guys with experience in this will be along with some advice soon, the more good pics you put up will help get you the best advice, all the best, G'.
    FIGHTING FOR PEACE IS LIKE FU#@ING FOR VIRGINITY

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

British green (09-05-19), CityDweller (09-05-19), GEORGE (09-05-19), lipnobody (11-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

How many of these strange looking sacks do you have on the plant in question?
    The plant you hand pollinated how did you do this? How did you get the pollen?
    One thing I'd suggest is standing inside your room/tent with lights off doors closed and see if there's any light getting into your tent/room during the dark period
    If the plant in question only has a few odd/male flowers/sacks on it . Bring it out of the tent and with some damp paper towel remove them and bin them replace the plant and continue to check and remove them.
    Keep us posted on what's happening.
    If you want to grab anyone's attention quote there post

in a green and pleasant land

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

G' (10-05-19), GEORGE (09-05-19), IceCalibur (09-05-19), Valentina (09-05-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    How many of these strange looking sacks do you have on the plant in question?
    The plant you hand pollinated how did you do this? How did you get the pollen?
    One thing I'd suggest is standing inside your room/tent with lights off doors closed and see if there's any light getting into your tent/room during the dark period
    If the plant in question only has a few odd/male flowers/sacks on it . Bring it out of the tent and with some damp paper towel remove them and bin them replace the plant and continue to check and remove them.
    Keep us posted on what's happening.
    If you want to grab anyone's attention quote there post

it took me a minute to figure out THATS what that button was for. sorry bout that. :P i found approximately 8 sacs, and the one weird cluster of 3 calyx, that had it inside. i pulled off 3 OTHER calyx, and they had clear, round hard greenish things in them that remind me of immature seeds. her sister had 3 of the same deformed white sacs on it.
    When we hand pollinated, we used a male sherb breath that we picked from a bunch of 3 for uniformity, smell, and growth, and sealed him up in a grow tent with vaccuum filters so the pollen wouldnt get out. i dealt with him exclusively, and pretty much showered with a water bottle every time i fed him. once he was big enough, we turned the light off for a day or so, and i covered everything, and myself, with a wetted down tarp and chopped him down, sifting all of the plant matter out of the pollen, storing it in seed vials he came in. we pollinated within 24 hours, a sherb breath, and one other.
    We took them out of their houses, turned off ALL air flow in a room with tile, and took a paintbrush with like, 8 hairs on it to dab the selected branch. then we covered with a paper bag for 5 days, and uncovered.
    Seeds are growing GREAT. but the sherb female is showing same signs as unpollinated female... the other two in the tent with the UNpollinated sherb breath are not hermied. just the sherb. but its both, on the lower branches that arent getting much light that i can see. but i dont want to dig into the big buds. they are both pretty far along in the grow.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SwampLilly For This Useful Post:

British green (09-05-19), G' (10-05-19), GEORGE (09-05-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by G' View Post
    Haven't had anything to do with breeding and pollinating etc' but it doesn't sound good Sister i'm sure some of the guys with experience in this will be along with some advice soon, the more good pics you put up will help get you the best advice, all the best, G'.
    thing is, im not sure that the pollination had anything to do with the weird growth. BOTH sherbs are showing it. one is unpollinated. different environments, different lights. same feed and promix.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SwampLilly For This Useful Post:

British green (09-05-19), G' (10-05-19), GEORGE (09-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Quote Originally Posted by SwampLilly View Post
    it took me a minute to figure out THATS what that button was for. sorry bout that. :P i found approximately 8 sacs, and the one weird cluster of 3 calyx, that had it inside. i pulled off 3 OTHER calyx, and they had clear, round hard greenish things in them that remind me of immature seeds. her sister had 3 of the same deformed white sacs on it.
    When we hand pollinated, we used a male sherb breath that we picked from a bunch of 3 for uniformity, smell, and growth, and sealed him up in a grow tent with vaccuum filters so the pollen wouldnt get out. i dealt with him exclusively, and pretty much showered with a water bottle every time i fed him. once he was big enough, we turned the light off for a day or so, and i covered everything, and myself, with a wetted down tarp and chopped him down, sifting all of the plant matter out of the pollen, storing it in seed vials he came in. we pollinated within 24 hours, a sherb breath, and one other.
    We took them out of their houses, turned off ALL air flow in a room with tile, and took a paintbrush with like, 8 hairs on it to dab the selected branch. then we covered with a paper bag for 5 days, and uncovered.
    Seeds are growing GREAT. but the sherb female is showing same signs as unpollinated female... the other two in the tent with the UNpollinated sherb breath are not hermied. just the sherb. but its both, on the lower branches that arent getting much light that i can see. but i dont want to dig into the big buds. they are both pretty far along in the grow.
    Sounds like there shouldn't be any cross contamination with the process you have used .
    Now back to light leaks etc etc
    Have you checked for them and I'm presuming that the environment is in check?

Most calyxs will always have the signs of a unpollinated seed in them , that's just how they are especially when swelling.
    Just keep checking for male flowers and removing them .
    More pictures will always help

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

G' (10-05-19), GEORGE (09-05-19), IceCalibur (09-05-19)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast