Thread: Fan speed controller / air conditioning

Thanks

Default Fan speed controller / air conditioning

Hi all,

I bought a 6" RVK fan and Rhino Pro filter today for my 1.2 by 1.2 tent, I went a bit larger than necessary to keep the noise down. My intention was also to buy a minimum speed / temperature fan controller but the growshop demonstrated a "Control Freak" fan controller to cut out the hum which was impressive if you don't mind forking out another £180, so I came away to research a bit more.
    I have only been growing for about eight months and am in the process of moving rooms around a bit, the end result will be that I will have my current 0.8 by 0.6 tent and my new 1.2m square tent in the same room. I could go with a Control Freak (or similar) fan controller if it could control fans in both tents as seperate environments but they only have one temperature probe so are really only designed to control an intake and exhaust fan in one tent.

I think a better solution would be to stick with the minimum speed / temperature controller and when required put a portable air conditioning unit in the room so that in the event of periods of very hot weather the fans haven't got to be blasting away (from a noise perspective which is my main concern)

I use phonic trap ducting is it the case that the longer it is the less noise will be produced?

I also need to come up with some arrangement for intake ducting (passive at least for the time being) as both tents will be in the same room I don't want light leaks from the small tent (which initially at least will have autos) into the larger tent during the flowering of photperiods. I was thinking of getting some ordinary 4" ducting and having a bend in it! Am I correct in saying that the intake should be smaller than the exhaust for negative pressure?

Any comments or suggestions and recommendations would be welcome. Thanks.
    Regards

2. The Following User Says Thank You to OrganicViper For This Useful Post:

AND (10-05-19)

3. Default

I'm just gonna answer what I know OrganicViper as I haven't had experience with air conditioning or even fan controllers.

Yes, it is true if you're looking to purchase an extra fan for intake it will need to be smaller than the exhaust for negative pressure.

Great idea with the bending of ducting to stop light leaks, many do this successfully

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

AND (10-05-19), OrganicViper (10-05-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    I'm just gonna answer what I know OrganicViper as I haven't had experience with air conditioning or even fan controllers.

Yes, it is true if you're looking to purchase an extra fan for intake it will need to be smaller than the exhaust for negative pressure.

Great idea with the bending of ducting to stop light leaks, many do this successfully
    Thats great, thanks a lot.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to OrganicViper For This Useful Post:

AND (10-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Bud Lightyear built a quality temp/fan controller, have a look here https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...eed-Controller

Also combi ducting for the win...light proof AND noise cancelling, however, bends can cause turbulence
    Last edited by AND; 10-05-19 at 09:12 PM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

British green (10-05-19), IceCalibur (10-05-19), OrganicViper (10-05-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    Bud Lightyear built a quality temp/fan controller, have a look here https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...eed-Controller

Also combi ducting for the win...light proof AND noise cancelling, however, bends can cause turbulence
    Thanks for the info and great Bud Lightyear thread.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OrganicViper For This Useful Post:

AND (10-05-19), British green (10-05-19), IceCalibur (10-05-19)