Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Magic butter machine

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked 91 Times in 43 Posts

    Default Magic butter machine

    Hi all,

    When I have enough bud I will be making RSO, probably in small batches. Initially I was intending to use the frying pan over a wok of simmering water method or to cough up and buy the white label version of the green oil machine from China.
    I think it was somewhere on Leafly that I read that the Magic Butter Machine can be used to make oil using solvent, for most of the process using the tincture cycle; and then finish the solvent evaporation in a small container over a plate warmer or filter coffee warming plate. There was no mention of whether or not to decarb.

    Has anyone had any experience of using this machine as the manufacturers don't appear to highlight oil as a selling point.

    Regards

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OrganicViper For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (12-05-19), WhIpLaSh (10-05-19)

  3. #2

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    cheshire
    Posts
    2,043
    Thanks
    3,483
    Thanked 4,593 Times in 1,617 Posts

    Default

    was reading about it recently, is for infusing cannabis and coconut oil at a certain temperature for an hour.
    I started making oil this year the rick simpson method using isopropanol, 1 litre iso 2 oz good bud chopped up mix together for 4mins strain through a sieve then cheese cloth, pour into a rice cooker when the iso is almost gone put in a couple of drops of water finish off on the coffee machine plate, then I mix coconut oil into the oil end up with about 300gram of strong cococannabis oil

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to happyjack For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (12-05-19), lipnobody (11-05-19), OrganicViper (11-05-19), Valentina (10-05-19)

  5. #3

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked 91 Times in 43 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by happyjack View Post
    was reading about it recently, is for infusing cannabis and coconut oil at a certain temperature for an hour.
    I started making oil this year the rick simpson method using isopropanol, 1 litre iso 2 oz good bud chopped up mix together for 4mins strain through a sieve then cheese cloth, pour into a rice cooker when the iso is almost gone put in a couple of drops of water finish off on the coffee machine plate, then I mix coconut oil into the oil end up with about 300gram of strong cococannabis oil
    Thanks,
    mixing the coconut oil is a different take on the Rick Simpson method videos I have seen. What is the purpose of the coconut oil, are you making it for treating a health condition, as I thought it had to be neat cannabis oil, maybe that's really only essential for heavy duty cancers?

    Regards

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to OrganicViper For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (12-05-19)

  7. #4

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    cheshire
    Posts
    2,043
    Thanks
    3,483
    Thanked 4,593 Times in 1,617 Posts

    Default

    rick simpson tells us how to make the oil, he suggests how to ingest it, is my choice to mix it with coconut oil, i'm to clumsy to try other methods is very fiddly with an extremely sticky substance, I sure don't like the idea of mixing with chems to vape it.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to happyjack For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (12-05-19), OrganicViper (11-05-19)

  9. #5

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a bucket
    Posts
    4,396
    Thanks
    14,096
    Thanked 18,268 Times in 4,262 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrganicViper View Post
    Hi all,

    When I have enough bud I will be making RSO, probably in small batches. Initially I was intending to use the frying pan over a wok of simmering water method or to cough up and buy the white label version of the green oil machine from China.
    I think it was somewhere on Leafly that I read that the Magic Butter Machine can be used to make oil using solvent, for most of the process using the tincture cycle; and then finish the solvent evaporation in a small container over a plate warmer or filter coffee warming plate. There was no mention of whether or not to decarb.

    Has anyone had any experience of using this machine as the manufacturers don't appear to highlight oil as a selling point.

    Regards
    Hi mate,

    I have one of these. The wife uses it occasionally make tinctures. It's good for mixing and heating but I wouldn't recommend it for oil extraction because it's not a still. Especially at the cost, you'd be better off with a distiller for < £100. It also sounds like a jet engine trying to take off!

    ----------------------------------------------------
    RDWC diary under IS quantum boards (mentored by British green) http://www.thctalk.com/cannabi...Sh-...British-green)
    ----------------------------------------------------
    RDWC diary under IS quantum boards (mentored by British green) https://bit.ly/2VjQGYy

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhIpLaSh For This Useful Post:

    happyjack (11-05-19), hotshot (12-05-19), Valentina (10-05-19)

  11. #6

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    cheshire
    Posts
    2,043
    Thanks
    3,483
    Thanked 4,593 Times in 1,617 Posts

    Default

    i'm treating adhd and old age works magic on both

  12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to happyjack For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (12-05-19), OrganicViper (11-05-19), Valentina (10-05-19), WhIpLaSh (10-05-19)

  13. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Stuck in the middle
    Posts
    1,908
    Thanks
    13,816
    Thanked 7,191 Times in 1,836 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrganicViper View Post
    ...Initially I was intending to use the frying pan over a wok of simmering water method...
    That is what I used to do, literally in a little wok, full that with water, and have the bud in a small ceramic dish, and sit for about 2 hours.

    It worked but I have since been using a milk pan, lowest setting on the smallest ring on the electric cooker. Does just as well if not better as it takes about 45 minutes to do rather than more than 2x that...

    Strain with tea strainer and jar up.
    Fight for your health.

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

    happyjack (11-05-19), hotshot (12-05-19), IceCalibur (10-05-19), OrganicViper (11-05-19)

  15. #8

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked 91 Times in 43 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhIpLaSh View Post
    Hi mate,

    I have one of these. The wife uses it occasionally make tinctures. It's good for mixing and heating but I wouldn't recommend it for oil extraction because it's not a still. Especially at the cost, you'd be better off with a distiller for < £100. It also sounds like a jet engine trying to take off!

    ----------------------------------------------------
    RDWC diary under IS quantum boards (mentored by British green) http://www.thctalk.com/cannabi...Sh-...British-green)
    Hi there,

    I thought it would be too good to be true to have one machine that does everything, so back to the original plan. Have you had any experience of fan controllers that cut out the hum (cost an arm and a leg of course) as in the next week or so I'll have my second tent set up, so anything that cuts out noise from two tents in the same room is a bonus, but they seem very over priced for what they achieve.
    Bye the way I clicked on the link to check in on your grow but it just takes you to a 404 error page. Hope it's going well.
    Regards

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OrganicViper For This Useful Post:

    happyjack (11-05-19), hotshot (12-05-19), WhIpLaSh (11-05-19)

  17. #9

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked 91 Times in 43 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by happyjack View Post
    i'm treating adhd and old age works magic on both
    I'm with you on the old age bit and also have early stage COPD, vaping should help with those, but eventually I want to make oil for a back up and for any other nasties that might strike.
    Regards

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to OrganicViper For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (12-05-19)

  19. #10

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked 91 Times in 43 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    That is what I used to do, literally in a little wok, full that with water, and have the bud in a small ceramic dish, and sit for about 2 hours.

    It worked but I have since been using a milk pan, lowest setting on the smallest ring on the electric cooker. Does just as well if not better as it takes about 45 minutes to do rather than more than 2x that...

    Strain with tea strainer and jar up.
    That sounds good, are you making RSO or an oil infusion for cooking; and do you decarb the bud first.
    Regards

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to OrganicViper For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (12-05-19)

  21. #11

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a bucket
    Posts
    4,396
    Thanks
    14,096
    Thanked 18,268 Times in 4,262 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrganicViper View Post
    Hi there,

    I thought it would be too good to be true to have one machine that does everything, so back to the original plan. Have you had any experience of fan controllers that cut out the hum (cost an arm and a leg of course) as in the next week or so I'll have my second tent set up, so anything that cuts out noise from two tents in the same room is a bonus, but they seem very over priced for what they achieve.
    Bye the way I clicked on the link to check in on your grow but it just takes you to a 404 error page. Hope it's going well.
    Regards
    I use an Ecotechnics Evolution fan controller. Automates like 80% of the environment for you. Check fleabay for good 2nd hand deals. Heard good things about the smscom hybrid controllers too.

    Good spot, thanks, new phone, buggered the sig up

    ----------------------------------------------------
    RDWC diary under IS quantum boards (mentored by British green) http://www.thctalk.com/cannabi...Sh-...British-green)

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhIpLaSh For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (12-05-19), IceCalibur (11-05-19)

  23. #12

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked 91 Times in 43 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhIpLaSh View Post
    I use an Ecotechnics Evolution fan controller. Automates like 80% of the environment for you. Check fleabay for good 2nd hand deals. Heard good things about the smscom hybrid controllers too.

    Good spot, thanks, new phone, buggered the sig up

    ----------------------------------------------------
    RDWC diary under IS quantum boards (mentored by British green) http://www.thctalk.com/cannabi...Sh-...British-green)
    Cheers mate will look into those controllers
    Regards

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OrganicViper For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (12-05-19), WhIpLaSh (12-05-19)

  25. #13

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    9,887
    Thanks
    290,532
    Thanked 25,311 Times in 7,462 Posts

    Default

    I just decarb An oz of Buds, and then take out around 5 grams of Kef, and cap up into 25mg caps. Works great. Super stone, and very simple.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to hotshot For This Useful Post:

    OrganicViper (13-05-19)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quebec Cannabis Seeds

Bonza Seeds - Over 2000 Strains!     |     bongs - herbtools     |     25% off Cannabis Seeds at Dr Chronic     |     buy a bong from Herb Tools     |     GYO Seedbank     |     www.alibongocannabisseeds.co.uk

THCtalk.com Disclaimer - You must be over 18 years old to view/use this site .THCtalk.com does not encourage growing Cannabis or possessing Cannabis. Learning how to grow Cannabis instructions should be for educational purposes only. All Information contained in this web site is for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and Educational purposes only. Visitors to this website are advised against breaking the law as It is illegal to smoke, grow, or possess cannabis in the UK