Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Temperature fluctuations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 1

Default Answered: Temperature fluctuations

Morning all,
    I've searched and read, and although found many posts, I'm still a little unsure.

Basically, I grow in a 1x1x1.6 loft tent. Extraction is via a td silent 250/100 wired to a Variac controller ticking over nicely on #2, humidifier on low. 2 60w cob led lights.
    Day temperature is ok as I can manually turn my Variac up to cope with the warm weather we're having now, but nights are getting down to 20 degrees c which isn't great.

Seeds germinated in glass of water then paper towel method and were put into their main 16lt pots this morning.

My heating is from an 800w oil filled radiator which I've manually adjusted to give me 26 degrees, but my question (finally), is am I able to connect the oil radiator up to a temperature controller like the inkbird or even the Eco-technics? Radiator control is a simple dial. No on/off switch as such.
    I want to maintain the 26 degrees at night and not have it dropping down to 20 or below.

Sorry if this seems long winded or has been asked a hundred times previously.

Cheers for now

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

2. "
    Quote Originally Posted by .Nixon. View Post
    Morning all,
    I've searched and read, and although found many posts, I'm still a little unsure.

Basically, I grow in a 1x1x1.6 loft tent. Extraction is via a td silent 250/100 wired to a Variac controller ticking over nicely on #2, humidifier on low. 2 60w cob led lights.
    Day temperature is ok as I can manually turn my Variac up to cope with the warm weather we're having now, but nights are getting down to 20 degrees c which isn't great.

Seeds germinated in glass of water then paper towel method and were put into their main 16lt pots this morning.

My heating is from an 800w oil filled radiator which I've manually adjusted to give me 26 degrees, but my question (finally), is am I able to connect the oil radiator up to a temperature controller like the inkbird or even the Eco-technics? Radiator control is a simple dial. No on/off switch as such.
    I want to maintain the 26 degrees at night and not have it dropping down to 20 or below.

Cheers for now

i would use a leccy fan heater mate if you want to hook it up to a controller bro, i use the ecotechnics with fan heater, oil rads take to long to warm up an cool down.

if kicks in when temps drop to what ever setting i set so say 18 degree an it will stay on till my max temp so say 26, then cut off so its kinda boots on and off and not constantly draining your leccy either"

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to .Nixon. For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (15-05-19), GEORGE (15-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times
    Provided Answers: 176

Morning all,

Cheers for now

i would use a leccy fan heater mate if you want to hook it up to a controller bro, i use the ecotechnics with fan heater, oil rads take to long to warm up an cool down.

if kicks in when temps drop to what ever setting i set so say 18 degree an it will stay on till my max temp so say 26, then cut off so its kinda boots on and off and not constantly draining your leccy either

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

.Nixon. (15-05-19), CityDweller (15-05-19), GEORGE (15-05-19), Herbitual (15-05-19), M_C (15-05-19)

Thanks

What size/model electric heater would be suitable?
    Would the controller work with the oil rad at all?
    The tent was 33 degrees earlier
    Appreciate the reply

7. The Following User Says Thank You to .Nixon. For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,402 Times
    Provided Answers: 14

What size/model electric heater would be suitable?
    Would the controller work with the oil rad at all?
    The tent was 33 degrees earlier
    Appreciate the reply

Im in loft too mate in a 1.2 x 1.2

Got a 2kw fan heater but only have it set to 1kw at most

Oil rad would work in controller yeah, it just cuts power to the output once desired temp is reached. Just make sure if the oil rad is thermostatic you have it dialled right up and let the controller do the work

Highest temps ive seen so far have been 38 went up over 40 last year! Think its time to run some ducting as an intake and route it to one of the bedrooms

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WF420 For This Useful Post:

.Nixon. (16-05-19), GEORGE (15-05-19)

Thanks

waste time using oil rad with controller, waste leccy to imo

11. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-05-19)

Thanks

Any chance of a link for a suitable electric heater to look at? UK based
    Will order an Eco-technics controller now too.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to .Nixon. For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-05-19), WF420 (15-05-19)

Thanks

Would something like the ANSIO 2000W Portable Fan Heater on Amazon uk be suitable? It has 1200w and 2000w settings.

I presume I'd set it on the 1200w on full temperature then let the Eco-technics manage the rest.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to .Nixon. For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-05-19), WF420 (15-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,402 Times
    Provided Answers: 14

Would something like the ANSIO 2000W Portable Fan Heater on Amazon uk be suitable? It has 1200w and 2000w settings.

I presume I'd set it on the 1200w on full temperature then let the Eco-technics manage the rest.

Any will do really mate, mines a cheapo one from b n q, same as pic below

Cant comment on ecotechnics as i dont have one but plenty people on here too... just abit fiddly to wire if i remember rightly! Ive got a G.A.S enviro controller, theyre about double the price but give you humidity control etc and no wiring also have input and output for ec fans

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WF420 For This Useful Post:

.Nixon. (15-05-19), GEORGE (15-05-19), joker_the_smoker (16-05-19)

Thanks

Thanks for that. I just ordered that small electric heater, and an Eco-technics controller. Hopefully both here Friday so I can rewire my grow tent and finally get temperatures under control.

I'll report back once I have it setup

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to .Nixon. For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-05-19), WF420 (16-05-19)

Thanks

Thanks for that. I just ordered that small electric heater, and an Eco-technics controller. Hopefully both here Friday so I can rewire my grow tent and finally get temperatures under control.

I'll report back once I have it setup

aye mate a cheap one will do i keep my on lowest setting also

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

.Nixon. (16-05-19), GEORGE (16-05-19), WF420 (16-05-19)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast