Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 4 week old seedling trying to flower

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,767 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Sadface View Post
    I'd say that was flowering
    Yeah, yeah I'd agree. I'd also say she's a bit young to be doing so

Hey on the bright side, 1 confirmed female so far they are feminized so I had my fingers crossed. This isn't exactly how i was hoping to find out however

Sent from my G8343 using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Corneu For This Useful Post:

G' (17-05-19), GEORGE (17-05-19), Kurdt (17-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,416 Times

I'd say it's an auto seed

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sadface For This Useful Post:

G' (17-05-19), GEORGE (17-05-19), Kurdt (17-05-19), M_C (17-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

I would probs go along with Sad here an say it's an auto seed this is just about what happened with my Pepsi challenge girl can't really see any other explanation myself, G'.
    FIGHTING FOR PEACE IS LIKE FU#@ING FOR VIRGINITY

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

British green (17-05-19), GEORGE (17-05-19), Kurdt (17-05-19), M_C (17-05-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by G' View Post
    I would probs go along with Sad here an say it's an auto seed this is just about what happened with my Pepsi challenge girl can't really see any other explanation myself, G'.
    It's not an auto seed, I can promise you that. We don't grow autos at my grow facility. Not a lick of ruderalis on the entire site of 17,000 plants (all legal btw, I'm in Canada). I can absolutely 100% guarantee it's not an auto. And even if it was.. There isn't a single auto out there -that I know of-*that starts flowering as young as 3 weeks. And these seeds, came off the same plant, and only one is flowering. So there's no way.

So if we can't figure out why it happened, maybe we can figure out how to fix it. I was thinking since it's only the top node that is flowering (the lower nodes don't even have presex flowers yet) perhaps if I top below where the bud is forming, the new non-flowering growth, might continue to grow as they are in vegetative stage.
    Thoughts?

My main concern with this is that my plant is so small, topping would severely stunt the plant. For weeks likely. And hell that level of stress could induce flowering or hermaphrodism. I'm at a loss, this plant might get tossed. If I can't find a solution by next week, my plant will be too far behind to make an adequate recovery as it'll likely have to re-veg at this point..

Anyways, thanks for your input, it always helps

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corneu For This Useful Post:

G' (18-05-19), GEORGE (18-05-19)

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Corneu View Post
    There isn't a single auto out there -that I know of-*that starts flowering as young as 3 weeks.
    Not to start an argument with you bud but just to let you know that I have personally seen auto's start flowering as young as 2 weeks (obviously not something that happens normally), in fact we have a very cool member here who started some autos and they did exactly that (a little under 3 weeks) - Clicky

Just to clarify I'm not saying your plant is an auto, just thought I'd share my experience and at least one others here on the forum currently

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Corneu (17-05-19), G' (18-05-19), GEORGE (18-05-19), Kurdt (21-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,472 Times

very small plants surely must be ruderalis dominate and to auto flower. At 4 weeks old on any photo period strain id expect to be a lot more vigorous in growth.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kbag For This Useful Post:

British green (18-05-19), G' (18-05-19), GEORGE (18-05-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kbag View Post
    very small plants surely must be ruderalis dominate and to auto flower. At 4 weeks old on any photo period strain id expect to be a lot more vigorous in growth.
    The plants are 3 weeks, not 4.

At 3 weeks old from seed the other plant is about 5inches tall with 5 nodes, which is on par for its age.

If the seeds were auto flower, they would both be flowering as the seeds are from the same plant.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corneu For This Useful Post:

G' (18-05-19), GEORGE (18-05-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Not to start an argument with you bud but just to let you know that I have personally seen auto's start flowering as young as 2 weeks (obviously not something that happens normally), in fact we have a very cool member here who started some autos and they did exactly that (a little under 3 weeks) - Clicky

Just to clarify I'm not saying your plant is an auto, just thought I'd share my experience and at least one others here on the forum currently
    Fair enough. Only reason I said that is because the 2 auto strains that I've grown took 4-6 weeks to even start flowering.

This plant has been flowering for almost a full week now

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Corneu For This Useful Post:

G' (18-05-19), GEORGE (18-05-19), IceCalibur (18-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

Very mysterious brother but if you want to keep her i think what you said regarding topping her would be your only choice and as you also said it could knock her back weeks but if your thinking on binning her why not try the topping anyway nowt to loose really bro' good luck though, still gonna be interesting to try and get to the bottom of why this and how this has happened, all the best mukka, G'.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-05-19), IceCalibur (18-05-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by G' View Post
    Very mysterious brother but if you want to keep her i think what you said regarding topping her would be your only choice and as you also said it could knock her back weeks but if your thinking on binning her why not try the topping anyway nowt to loose really bro' good luck though, still gonna be interesting to try and get to the bottom of why this and how this has happened, all the best mukka, G'.
    My thoughts exactly. I topped her last night and made sure no sex organs were left. We'll see what she does

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corneu For This Useful Post:

G' (21-05-19), GEORGE (20-05-19)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast