Thread: Newbie question on growth stages of autos

Thanks

Default Answered: Newbie question on growth stages of autos

Hey all, I've had these growing for about 30 day counting from the day I placed the germinated seeds in the soil. I'm trying to figure out what stage these plants are at for the purpose of adjusting the lights, nutes etc.

I've look at lots of pics on the inter-web and I'm just not sure if my plants are entering pre-flower or are they just showing their sex. in the last couple of days their has been some white growth around the nodes.

1. Are autos (or photos) considered in pre-flower at the first sign of white hairs?
    2. How long does pre-flower for autos last?
    3. Do I need to adjust any parameters for this stage, or do I adjust wait for full on flower?

First grow ever, OH YEA!
    grow medium: Soil - Fox Farm Happy Frog
    Nutes: Bio Bizz - currently just Bio Heaven
    Lights: Currently MH 1000w (Also have a HPS that I tought I would switch to once in flower)
    5X5 tent, fans, thermo switch, and a bunch of other crap I use to over complicate my life.

The height of the plant is about 12" and the main stem is about a 1/4" thick

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190518_192607.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	135.3 KB 
ID:	372453Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190520_084945.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	372454Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190520_085008.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	372455Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190520_085035.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	372456

2. "
    Quote Originally Posted by Cancangrower View Post
    Hey M_C, would this be the time to start adding in nutes for bloom or would you advise holding back a week or so? Until more of the white hairs come out. And for my own clarity are the white hairs pistols or are pistols something else?
    Nah, if you aren't feeding them then leave them... if you are feeding Grow then continue to do so until the stretch stops

Yup, the white, 'hairs' are pistles "

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cancangrower For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-05-19), Stickysticky (20-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,502 Times

I struggle my self to figure out what stage I'm at with my girls they are autos day 40, think I could be in preflower or close and they have been stretching like mad, sticking around to see what people say... all the best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stickysticky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-05-19), Greengrass (20-05-19), Kurdt (20-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times
    Provided Answers: 510

They have started flowering & have started stretch....
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-05-19), Greengrass (20-05-19), Stickysticky (20-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,614 Times
    Provided Answers: 6

Quote Originally Posted by Stickysticky View Post
    I struggle my self to figure out what stage I'm at with my girls they are autos day 40, think I could be in preflower or close and they have been stretching like mad, sticking around to see what people say... all the best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ive always found,the bushier the plant,the longer they are to flower,sometimes take bloody forever! Then bang, they start to stretch and the ball is rolling.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kurdt For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-05-19)

Thanks

Hey M_C, would this be the time to start adding in nutes for bloom or would you advise holding back a week or so? Until more of the white hairs come out. And for my own clarity are the white hairs pistols or are pistols something else?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancangrower For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times
    Provided Answers: 510

Quote Originally Posted by Cancangrower View Post
    Nah, if you aren't feeding them then leave them... if you are feeding Grow then continue to do so until the stretch stops

Yup, the white, 'hairs' are pistles

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Cancangrower (20-05-19), GEORGE (20-05-19)