Thread: Suspected ph lockout, should I foliar feed??

Thanks

Default Suspected ph lockout, should I foliar feed??

Hi guys, help needed.

My plant has gone very light green with some bigger fan leaves going evenly yellow all over and breaking off easily.

It looks like a deficiancy to me which puzzled me at first as ive been feeding her (4 weeks into flower), but I've now checked the ph level and right at the bottom of the pot it is down to 5.5, and the culprit it turns out is the mineral water ive been giving her is also 5.5 even though it states otherwise on the label. That'll teach me for not ph testing the water first.

So far I've flushed with correct ph level water, so I really need to know if there's anything else I can do to quickly raise the ph, and also is it wise for me to give a foliar feed as nutes availability at the roots will no doubt be fairly inhibited hence the pale colouring.

Thanks a lot.
    Remember, it's a simulation.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mental Universe View Post
    ...but I've now checked the ph level and right at the bottom of the pot it is down to 5.5, and the culprit it turns out is the mineral water ive been giving her is also 5.5 even though it states otherwise on the label. That'll teach me for not ph testing the water first.
    from what you've said there it leads me to believe your using a cheap probe type pH meter yes?
    "If i cant smoke and swear im F**KED!"
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/image.php?u=5246&type=sigpic&dateline=1249748262
    THCTalk recommends Greens Horticulture for all your growing needs
    if iv been of some help to you please take a second and press the thanks button, cheers

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dj # View Post
    from what you've said there it leads me to believe your using a cheap probe type pH meter yes?
    yes indeedee

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dj # View Post
    I did a bit of a search on here for ph testers and saw that you mention in another thread that the reading alters the further into the pot you push the cheapo probe testers.

I find the same with mine, at a certain point near the bottom of the pot the ph level drops down a fair bit lower.

I just assumed this was because the nutes were getting washed down lower in the pot causing the ph to be more acidic in that area which is also where most of the roots are.

Is there anything else that could cause a plant to go uniformly light green/yellow other than lack of Nitrogen?

So far I've flushed, repotted and given a foliar feed. So I suppose there isn't much more I can do untill I buy a decent EC and PH meter.
    Last edited by Mental Universe; 19-12-09 at 08:04 PM.

Thanks

"So far I've flushed, repotted and given a foliar feed. So I suppose there isn't much more I can do untill I buy a decent EC and PH meter.[/QUOTE]

Buy a decent meter mate, hanna have good ones, pick one up for just under £40. There are cheaper ones about, but I find the hanna ones very reliable. Essential piece of kit, a worthy investment!