Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: ME(Myalgic Encephalomyelitis)/CFS(Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) - and cannabis

Thanks

Smile ME(Myalgic Encephalomyelitis)/CFS(Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) - and cannabis

Hiya all. This has probably been asked a million times, but thought I would ask.

I'm largely housebound with many disabilities which leave me in chronic pain constantly.

The only thing that helps is the obvious. I have never been able to track a steady supply, and growing at the mo is not a great option... although I shall be looking and seeking advice on here for the long term.

Can anyone suggest options? My quality of life shoots up when I can obtain a supply, and it is by far the healthiest option. It really is a life line in the truest sense.

I have been given an off the record nod by the medical world, but they cannot prescribe.

Thank you for reading, all my best to you all on here, I hope to become a regular.

Thanks

all i can suggest is think more seriously about growing for yourself, its the sensiblest way to go for now till you get a legal medical prescription
    its a fun and rewarding hobby anyway and will provide you with a new interest/challenge which can always raise ones quality of life for other reasons and not just the effects of the finished product

and there are plenty of friendly likeminded people on here that are happy to help with any growing questions or problems you may have
    never be afraid to ask

although im afraid to say asking/suggesting for/about a hook-up/supply is not allowed on this forum
    "If i cant smoke and swear im F**KED!"
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/image.php?u=5246&type=sigpic&dateline=1249748262
    THCTalk recommends Greens Horticulture for all your growing needs
    if iv been of some help to you please take a second and press the thanks button, cheers

Thanks

i would definately consider growing.ive suffered with high blood pressure and anxiety for years and the herb is the only thing that helps,thats the reason why i started to grow,i used to take loads of tabs but now i only take a small dose of a high blood pressure tab,plus growing might help to keep your mind of your aches and pains.good luck.

Thanks

Hiya guys, thank you so much for your replies, please know it is honestly appreciated. A LOT.
    I realised that trying to hook up with someone on here is VERY much not allowed... forgive me if I came across that way.

As with regards to growing... my partner is the issue if I'm honest with you. She is not a huge fan of breaking the rules in life, and is very scared of being caught.

I am trying my best to research the area of growing, the peace of mind aspect would be immense. Without wishing to go over old ground with you veterans, is there a simple crash course guide on the logistics of growing? How safe is it?
    I proposed a small room that is lockable in the loft that would be completely contained and even lined with insulation and a light metal encasing... is this insane to suggest? She was not having a bar of it.
    Thank you both again for replying, it has given me some hope.
    I am such a fan of the herb, it is a god send to me, and as much as I love my country, this issue does get to me as you can well imagine. I'm trying to research legal alternatives in the holding time, can anyone advise on these? All my thanks once more,
    M.E.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,051 Times

Well I can understand her being a bit scared but personally I think she's being a little insensitive if you want to grow for legitimate medical reasons... just my opinion.
    If you have a lockable out of the way room (like it sounds) then I would try and convince her its safe (as I'm sure it is... just don't let anyone at all know you're growing).
    I'm also pretty sure if you've got what is obviously a few plants for personal use EVEN if you were unlucky and some hero cop wants to do a disabled guy for a couple plants there isn't a court in the country that wouldn't let you off mate.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,124 Times

Personal question, tell me to sod off if you wish but it's not M.E you suffer from is it?(possibly a stupid question, hah)

If so, cannabis is the perfect medicine.

In regards to growing - So long as the only person that knows about your plants is you(and I mean NOONE else), your grow's out of the way a bit(like you said, loft is perfect), you use a carbon filter, you pay your leccy bills on time and you're not the type of person who has a lot of policefolk at your door, then it's safe as can be! Extremely cheap compared to buying, amazingly satisfying and great fun.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggbox For This Useful Post:

cakelady (26-07-13)

Thanks

Hiya guys. Once more, I thank you very much for your replies. It is of some comfort to read your posts.

That's fine asking me if I have M.E... yes, this is one of the illnesses I suffer, I'm a bit of mishmash of ailments. My quality of life shoots up when I have a source, and as I say, the peace of mind knowing I have an outlet for pain is amazing. I limit myself to doing it once a night, I can't drink, so this is my "treat" each night so to speak.

Yeah, my partner and I don't see eye to eye on this, she is very straight laced and has a career where this kind of involvement could really damage her prospects... as much as I can see this, it doesn't help when I can't function on a day to day basis.

I will be showing her this forum though, see if that sways matters, but I'm not holding out my chances just yet. I will continue to try and research growing though.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, so forgive me, but has anyone got experience with Kratom? Is this something that could help in the holding period?

Thank you all, you're being great help already, this seems a great forum!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,124 Times

Well I suffer from ME/CFS and a few other ailments, which as I'm sure you'll be able to understand can really do me in sometimes, and the pain can be almost unbearable.. But through growing and knowing growers, I've found the right strains for my needs, and don't have to waste my time with all the wet or contaminated crap that's going for silly prices on the street It's hugely satisfying, gives me something to do and I've not stopped learning since I started!

If the mrs won't have it in the house then how about doing an outdoor attempt next year? It's a while to wait, but give's you plenty of time to read through the outdoor section and master your theory

Either way mate, I've not come across someone else using cannabis to help with ME, etc in quite some while, and wish you all the best trying to persuade her, or getting yourself sorted elsewhere

FZjb Guest

Hi, welcome to the forum.

My partner too is what i call a "straighty" and she has never smoked drugs, alcohol etc. and when i 1st mentioned growing she was not the most receptive to the idea. its her house and she has 2 children so her response was totaly understandable. she has never been in any kind of trouble so was nervous about it all too.

What worked for me was explaining that it was possible nowdays to set up a small hidden space in the loft out of the way of the kids etc. with little or no heat (using cfl's) that would cost pennies a day to run, and supply enough weed to keep me away from drug dealers, dodgy people and organised crime. save hundreds of pounds a year and get what i need for my personal medical issues.

I reassured her that IF anything ever went pear-shaped, I'd take full responsibility, with her saying she thought i was starting to grow peppers ( i keep pepper seeds etc with my grow stuff) as she has no acces to see what i'm doing up there. explaining that at worst for the small amount of plants i'm growing for personal use, i'd probably get a fine, or comunity punishment, maybe even a caution due to the small amount. but what with the police being over stretched (like 1 of me seedlings ^^) they have way bigger fish to try and detect. every day an asain gang somewhere gets busted for thousands, and another three get set up. who am i in this dangerous and lucrative world? no-one.

she was edgy for the 1st few months, but now she doesn't mind at all (well no where near as much), apart from the medicinal and financial benefits, i have a great new hobby that helps de-stress me, and this has helped our relationship improve if anything.

IF your going to use MJ, surely its better to grow your own small amount than to enter and support the seedy world of organised crime. (unless ofc your buying from a personal grower friend). even a £10 bag from "dave" the local street seller makes it way up the chain eventualy. either way your commiting a crime. what one is moraly correct?

annyyywaayyy, I'm rambling as usual, i'm sure you got me idea long ago hope it works for you and good luck

Thanks

Hiya once more.

Eggbox; Ah, I would say it was a pleasure to meet another sufferer, but that sounds wrong, but I'm sure you know what I mean. You sound like you're very much in the same boat as me. It's a living hell eh? I have the whole set as you've posted, plus more the Dr's can't figure out... I fear the medical profession now, they never fail to set me back. How long have you suffered? What have you found apart from this that has worked? You can understand how frustrating it is to have this near miracle substance for us, with pretty much no draw backs, but the government will not allow even although their own advisers have told them differently... the knock on effect of this is; the straight laced people will not budge from their ill informed stand point, despite the human cost. It drives me mad. (sorry for the rant, I'm sure you know where I'm coming from)

FaZedjb; Ah, yes, exact same situation as me. Although we are partners, she owns the house and it's all in her name. She will not budge and is scared. We had a right domestic on this subject in the car, and we are at stalemate. She will not have it. Which means, I either live a life of suffering and become a non entity, or we break up... which still doesn't help as I would have nowhere to grow anyway... so I am totally stuck. I haven't showed her this forum yet, but I'm not holding out any hope.
    It is madness, I can see her point, I truly can, (I would NEVER ask this of her if I was not at the end of my tether with things) and I have put across all the points you have made... it would be on my shoulders, I would even put a written disclaimer in the room (I know, that was how desperate I got in the argument) to say it was all me and against her knowledge.
    Outside would be no good, we have a garden that has five peoples' rear access, so no privacy there.
    I'm rapidly running out of my last bit of supply, and my mood is getting shorter. I want as much as she does to have a normal life, I would even go as far to say I want a normal life MORE than she does (obviously), but at the same time, I'm on my own to get myself on my feet. I feel a bit let down on this... as does she. (talk about a break down on a forum! Glad it's anon. lol)
    I also reasoned that I would be in control, which meant I would be less involved in the criminal world, and safer in all aspects of health... this is not working either.
    So... rock and hard place springs to mind. At no point will the legality of this be over looked, she will not budge. This is the only issue we differ on, so it makes it even harder to split up over, if we were at each others throats all the time, it would be easy to call it a day on "us".
    I offer you all my thanks once more, to be able to talk about it is great! Not the kind of thing you can openly talk about in everyday life eh?!

All my sincere thanks to you all, you have just about stopped me going insane.
    Last edited by AllAboutM.E; 20-12-09 at 01:27 AM.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast