Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: ME(Myalgic Encephalomyelitis)/CFS(Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) - and cannabis

FZjb Guest

hey,

sorry to hear how yur GF is about it, but its understandable. its a shame really coz its all down to location, if u lived in holland it wud be OK.. but u dont, so it dont help (that was another 1 of my points to the GF) so where does that leave you?

well as u said rock and hard place spring to mind.

does she let you smoke weed in the house? or take you to get it ever? does she ever lend you money for it? ifso, just to make you aware, she is commiting a crime in doing any of those, she's "knowingly concerned", among other things. a bit like the old aiding and abbeting.

ofc if its smoking outside on the porch then its a diff thing altogether.

at the end of the day its her house, and what she says goes unfortunatley, i suppose it boils down to how much she really loves you. my GF would never see me suffer like you are suffering if there was a viable alternative.

i feel for you. hope your GF/wife/partner see's that she has been brainwashed by the war on drugs propaganda, and lets you start a small grow. theres no harm in it. etc etc etc.

it really makes me sad that some people are ill-informed about MJ and what it realy is all about, esp' when there is an off-license on every corner.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,124 Times

Quote Originally Posted by AllAboutM.E View Post
    Hiya once more.

Eggbox; Ah, I would say it was a pleasure to meet another sufferer, but that sounds wrong, but I'm sure you know what I mean. You sound like you're very much in the same boat as me. It's a living hell eh? I have the whole set as you've posted, plus more the Dr's can't figure out... I fear the medical profession now, they never fail to set me back. How long have you suffered? What have you found apart from this that has worked? You can understand how frustrating it is to have this near miracle substance for us, with pretty much no draw backs, but the government will not allow even although their own advisers have told them differently... the knock on effect of this is; the straight laced people will not budge from their ill informed stand point, despite the human cost. It drives me mad. (sorry for the rant, I'm sure you know where I'm coming from)
    I was going to say the same thing, but then for the same reason decided against it. It is nice to see someone else with M.E.. As it doesn't happen often - and you sound like you have very similar symptoms, and all the heaves and hos that come with it. I understand what you're going through mate.

Other things that have worked for me? Other than a regular routine, absolutely feck all. The routine helps level out my energy levels but not much else - and as I'm sure you'll be aware a slight buck in the routine can knock you back quite a bit. I was diognosed about 8 years ago now - and since then have tried everything from IQ cod liver oil, been down the botanical route with all sorts of weird tinctures, tested for intolerances, and even weird electric treatment things - none of which helped at all other than the slight relief from joint pain from high concentrated fish oils, but that was after taking them regularly for months. And at the end of the day, it was nothing compared to the relief from pretty much all of my symptoms that comes instantly with just one bonghit

When I discovered cannabis I was absolutely astounded - and for a while didn't understand quite what was going on. I could smoke loads and yeah I'd get stoned, but nothing like what my friends would be experiencing - However, I'd feel normal again. Being stoned was just a side benefit I feel exactly the same, taken aback that anyone will actually try and take away the substance that has helped me function better for a good portion of my life now.

I've been smoking, eating and drinking cannabis every day for years now, and can conclusively say that my partial recovery to a near fully functional state is down to that, as well as common sense, and a regular routine. It even helped me through the chronic depression I went through when I was first diognosed(Nobody knew what M.E was then, got treated like shit from all sorts of medical professionals for too long - and filled with all sorts of shit) - though that was through limited use and plenty of contemplating things. Now I'm completely over my depression and trying to find a job I can start with limited hours and work my way up over a period of a month or so.. Which will be a huge task for me but any longer and I'd have no chance of getting a job at all - so I rarely mention it when seeking employment these days.

Stick in there mate, it does get better. I know how untrue that sounds but that's what I thought for ages too - then got into the right way of thinking.

No need to worry about ranting at me mate I'm a moderator here so I'm around fairly regularly. Always willing to help out with anything you might need and would love to chat more about things with you if you have anything you wish to talk about I'm also currently working on a website, to inform people with M.E. of the benefits that cannabis might provide. However, I've only got mine and a couple other people's experiences and obviously don't know it works for everyone. Tried going through the medical profession to try and get it officially recognised but I feel that this could do the job for the meantime

If you want to fire me PM feel free to do so anytime

And nice to meet ya!

Thanks

You guys have been great, to be able just to vent and talk about it has been a relief.

FaZedjb; Indeed, rock and hard place. Not sure what I'm going to do now. Growing would be such a nice hobby too, I had it all worked out, but she will never budge, her fear is not something she can override. I can live a normal life on this stuff, I can be a good father for our kids (we don't have them yet for obvious health reasons) and I would have thought that being able to give her everything she wants may out-weigh anything... but no. Thank you for your empathy and help though. I did show her this forum, and her attitude has changed in the sense that she is not snapping at me, but I'm still on my own. My only hope is trying to track some down, and that aint happening, I know no-one. I was looking forward to Christmas too, I love this time of year.

Eggbox, onnce more, thank you to you too. To be able to talk and relay the pure torture I go through, and for that to be completely understood as you go through it too means a lot. People just never quite get the mental anguish of it... to have peace of mind with this stuff is immense. Thank yo for the offer of PM too. You're rapidly turning into my councillor lol. I am not usually this angst ridden I assure you!

Thanks

Doops, came back to edit spelling, excuse my errors.

Thanks

It's a tough one alright.. But as I said there is a light at the end of the tunnel I believe the time of my recovery has been down to finding out about the benefits cannabis shortly after my diagnosis - which allowed me to overcome(or at least surpass in the meantime) the mental torment of it all, think through the depression and focus on getting my physical energy levels back up. From there on it took a lot less time to get over the mental side of it - which I reckon was helped by cannabis too! I didn't smoke as frequently after I'd got my energy levels up a bit but now i'm getting better it's pretty much constant, and I manage well. Hopefully not much longer now and I'll be free of the pain completely, but only time will tell I suppose

Was talking to a friend about the mental side of it the other day - and how even just thinking all day can leave you hazy and tired the next day. And how at first my cannabis use was to level my energy levels out throughout the day and then counter insomnia at night - and basically get me to make sure I never overdid it(chiiiillllllll), and from there on I've been on the road to recovery(or at least I damn well hope so! haha).

Will speak to you soon

Thanks

Eggbox, that is one great post, that is a perfect summation of it all. I've tried to explain this to some people who know nothing of the problem, and you just can't get the point across. I spoke to an alcoholic that kicked his problem JUST because peace of mind was there by having alcohol in the house, it's a very different comparison, but it did resonate with me.

I can't tell you how good it's been just to air all this to receptive ears, thank you all and I really do mean that. My GF's attitude towards me changed when she read all this, and Eggbox's story gave us both hope. I would go to my Dr and ask about a medical license, but this will stir up a hornets nest I think... plus, we all know that this is not a viable option in this country.

You are indeed right too, to chill and not think about it all is the way to go, to find focus is the key. Peace of mind is the way to live long.

Great site this one, I'm really pleased to have found it.

Thanks

Hi mate i amnt going to pretent to know anything about M.E because i dont ur story just makes me so angry that our goverment are not helping people like you. Have you never thought about getting a seprate house away from your partners and just use it for growing in. If you are receving benefits you can get them to pay ur rent good way to get the government back for putting you in that position in the first place. Cheers for posting this opened my eyes to M.E gonna do some research on it. Hope you get something sorted out so u can get growing. Good Luck Mate

Thanks

Thanks mate

I've renamed this thread, etc as I think it could serve as a valuable source of info for people Googlin' about ME.

There's plenty more to say on the subject, but because people generally can't be bothered reading for too long - here's some videos on what it's all about(excuse some of the dire tunes)

This one's pretty much bullshit but at least shows the big boss has got it on the cards

There's plenty more, but obviously they can be found easily with the related videos feature on Youtube Further readings can be found at the following places:

http://www.meassociation.org.uk/
    http://www.afme.org.uk/
    http://www.meresearch.org.uk
    http://www.nmec.org.uk/

Hopefully these will help others get a bit of an understanding as to what it can be like.
    Last edited by Eggbox; 25-09-10 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Fixing video links after forum upgrade

Bobby Digital Guest

Smile

I have read this thread from the start and am truely inspired buy the togetherness of everyone who has contributed to this. If people who find this information can not see for themselves that mj is a helpful plant and not a dangerous drug?!? then they are as blind as can be.
    This problem that is M.E can be overcome with simple self-medication of a non-toxic plant that is so easy to grow and use, our government(most governments) cannot listen to the people who its supposed to work for.. this is wrong!!!
    Thank you AllAboutM.E for sharing your plight here with us all. I wish you well and all the best for the future.
    peace n love

Thanks

Hiya Bong. Nice to meet you, and thanks for the nice comments, they do actually mean a lot. M.E and all of it's related illness' are still not understood, for quite a while we were treated as "fakers" and as a non illness. Most people don't know that you tend to suffer with these ailments after you have pushed yourself to the point of breaking, it's a physical breakdown basically. If you do have any questions, feel free to ask... that sounds odd doesn't it?! I'm sure you know what I mean. Although I do receive a certain amount of help benefit wise, I don't get much, and certainly try to find all alternatives to NOT use the system... a lot of people in my/our position tend to find we fall between the cracks in all ways. Cannabis is a true god send, you can really obtain a normal kind of life, but the legal issue does get in the way as you can imagine... the medical field is working on medicinal cannabis as we all know; but it doesn't look like M.E/cfs/fibromyalgia will be on the list! Not loving the government. I will still work on the growing front, might read up in the growing section and ask advice about total stealth growing and if this is achievable.

Eggbox; great work, I'll have a look at those vids, thanks for that! ME association is a great place for info, they have been flying the flag since day one. I would go as far to say that the illness needs to be re-tagged, there is a stigma attached to the name. Once again, this is a great site!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast