Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hello

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,374 Times

Welcome! Sounds like youve got thing planned. I think you may be able to run things with a 5 gallon pot plan instead of 7-10. Even if youre veging for 2 mnths on a photo rotation you should be ok with general upkeep.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C-Rex For This Useful Post:

Alafornia (26-05-19), G' (27-05-19), GEORGE (27-05-19)

Thanks

Thanks, C-Rex. I had bought some 10 gal smart bags before realizing they were way too big. After reading about how the roots grow it really makes me want to go smaller, the only question being how much smaller. 10 gal seems too big and 3 gal seems too small. Since it will be in a smart bag will that make a difference with the roots?

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alafornia For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (26-05-19), G' (27-05-19), GEORGE (27-05-19), RASTA (26-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 59,501 Times

Welcome aboard Alifornia.
    Respect for planning it all out like that before you start. Some guy asked me for seeds a while ago. The asked if the soil from his back garden was ok to dig up and put in a pot. THEN asked me to go setup a grow room in his house. He had no money and no equipment.
    Aye hold on n al pull it all out my ass.

But if u stick around here....it shouldnt be a disaster. A few legendary growers on here who will see you right.

All the best to you and your family

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RASTA For This Useful Post:

Alafornia (26-05-19), British green (26-05-19), C-Rex (26-05-19), G' (27-05-19), GEORGE (27-05-19)

Thanks

Thanks, Rasta.

I feel better knowing that some folks with experience think I'm on the right track.

I'm a researcher/planner by nature and having autistic kids forced me to more so into that mode. If I'm spending my hard-earned money I don't want it going to waste.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alafornia For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (26-05-19), G' (27-05-19), GEORGE (27-05-19), RASTA (26-05-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alafornia View Post
    Thanks, C-Rex. I had bought some 10 gal smart bags before realizing they were way too big. After reading about how the roots grow it really makes me want to go smaller, the only question being how much smaller. 10 gal seems too big and 3 gal seems too small. Since it will be in a smart bag will that make a difference with the roots?
    So these are autos in 3 gallon pots. These haven't been scroged or topped to give you an idea on size and they are all between 3 and 4 foot tall, 2 ish feet in diameter. If you're in a 6 1/2 foot tall tent like me that leaves you very little space for light distance and your up top gear. So pot size isnt necessarily the deciding factor in plant size. What does matter is how long you plan on keeping that plant alive and how it will be trained and fed.

Now youre talking about a clone perpetual garden. A 5 gallon pot would give you enough of a biome to get a plant through a month and a half of veg and 3 and a half months of flower growing organically. That would have you harvesting a plant once a month if staggered with 4 ish plants (depending on strain etc.). Unless you are going to keep the plant alive longer than that time I dont see how larger pots would do anything other than raise your material costs.

Just my thoughts, all my plants have yellow leaves

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C-Rex For This Useful Post:

Alafornia (27-05-19), G' (27-05-19), GEORGE (27-05-19)

Thanks

Those look great.

You make a compelling argument for smaller bags. I really appreciate it as I've never grown anything before except some watermelons, tomatoes, and okra.

I may back off the scrog and tent size for now and get the first grow under my belt before going hog wild.

What are yours sitting on? Looks like a little wooden box/platform. Do you do this to keep them off the floor?

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alafornia For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (27-05-19), G' (27-05-19), GEORGE (27-05-19)

Thanks

Those look great.

You make a compelling argument for smaller bags. I really appreciate it as I've never grown anything before except some watermelons, tomatoes, and okra.

I may back off the scrog and tent size for now and get the first grow under my belt before going hog wild.

What are yours sitting on? Looks like a little wooden box/platform. Do you do this to keep them off the floor?
    1x2's cut at 6 inches to make 7x6 frames. Fabric pots air prune the root ball stopping it from binding itself. For that to happen the bottom of the pot has to be off the ground. You can either buy planter trivets on amazon for $15 a shot or go to the lumber yard for $1 a piece .

My state legalized last September and I was growing in a 35 gallon trashcan 6 months ago brother. Now I aint saying that anybody should go that particular route but just getting a plant I could make a diary of was more valuable than any of the equipment I have. I cant imagine any other Talker telling you different.

You will probably make some choices you regret in your first grow so for my money Id make that grow small. Maybe a little plant in a 2x2 or a 4x2 that could later be used to feed a larger flowering tent?

All the best.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C-Rex For This Useful Post:

Alafornia (27-05-19), G' (27-05-19), GEORGE (27-05-19)

Thanks

I ordered the 5x5 tent because I need air and heat in there due to our weather. Got a couple of trivets while I was at it. It's a downsize of what I had planned but definitely the right choice for now until I get some experience and will still have great utility down the line in any case. It may turn out perfect for my long term needs. We'll see.

Thanks again for the helpful comments. They saved me money and likely some headaches.

I'm just hoping I don't screw it up too badly and can get a good harvest while learning.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alafornia For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (27-05-19), G' (27-05-19), GEORGE (27-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

Welcome to the talk brother sounds like yah well dialed in mukka crack on
    FIGHTING FOR PEACE IS LIKE FU#@ING FOR VIRGINITY

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

Alafornia (27-05-19), C-Rex (27-05-19), GEORGE (27-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,778 Times

I ordered the 5x5 tent because I need air and heat in there due to our weather. Got a couple of trivets while I was at it. It's a downsize of what I had planned but definitely the right choice for now until I get some experience and will still have great utility down the line in any case. It may turn out perfect for my long term needs. We'll see.

Thanks again for the helpful comments. They saved me money and likely some headaches.

I'm just hoping I don't screw it up too badly and can get a good harvest while learning.
    I’m on my 3rd grow now.
    My first I was growing 3 plants solo and they weren’t great.
    Second started well with the help of this forum but was male so I threw it away (just very unlucky as it was meant to be feminised)
    Third is going well and doing a diary really helps. Anything you see not right with the girls and the more experienced talkers are right on it suggesting how you can sort it. A diary is a really invaluable tool to have which can save you a lot of monies and heart ache!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chippy1 For This Useful Post:

Alafornia (27-05-19), C-Rex (27-05-19), GEORGE (27-05-19)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast