Thread: Em' Dog | Humboldt seeds

Thanks

Default Answered: Em' Dog | Humboldt seeds

Hey everyone!
    My grow room is all nice and ready!
    Just.. What to grow
    Sadly my choice this side of the world is very limited... I've got access to some Humboldt and Dinafem seed banks though!

One strain that really caught my eye was em dog!

Everything looks good right, but then I found out that its like 5 years old and I know cannabis has improved alot over the years!
    Humboldt claims it to be 22-27% thc?

Do you think that's realistic? and if so if I'd be able to reach anything near that on my first indoor grow? (grown outdoors before)

I was talking to a grower on Instagram that just grew a beautiful crop of em' dog and he reckons it was 17% and not that strong so was kinda bummed out 'cause I want to grow a strain that packs quite a punch even for a beginner grower so idk if I'd be better off with something else (just finding it that's a mission)

Sent from my SM-J400F using Tapatalk

2. "Hi PsyCam, although I haven't personally had any experience with this particular strain I have had really nice 'highs' with strains in around the 17% (and lower) THC mark,

My advice to you would be to never pick your strain based on THC alone, as there are so many more factors to take into account..many even saying they have had a stronger reaction to a strain that is 10% lower in THC than another they had grown out!

Humboldt seeds in my experience are a reputable breeder and I feel like if you decide to go for it, chances are you'll be happy enough with the results.

Let us know and share your opinions/thoughts with us if you do decide to go ahead with this strain "

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PsyCam For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (03-06-19), CityDweller (03-06-19), GEORGE (29-05-19)

4. Default

Hi PsyCam, although I haven't personally had any experience with this particular strain I have had really nice 'highs' with strains in around the 17% (and lower) THC mark,

My advice to you would be to never pick your strain based on THC alone, as there are so many more factors to take into account..many even saying they have had a stronger reaction to a strain that is 10% lower in THC than another they had grown out!

Humboldt seeds in my experience are a reputable breeder and I feel like if you decide to go for it, chances are you'll be happy enough with the results.

Let us know and share your opinions/thoughts with us if you do decide to go ahead with this strain

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (03-06-19), CityDweller (03-06-19), GEORGE (03-06-19), ggotch (03-06-19), PsyCam (03-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times
    Provided Answers: 105

Talking

As Ice said, 17% is really good ^^^, I am very happy with 15% and up, for my taste. It's not just the THC, but the different ways different strains make you fell. But if you want A strain that will knock you on your ass, than try A Double Black Domanic 98. This is A real Bell ringer. good luck and happy growing.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (03-06-19), curiouscultivator (03-06-19), IceCalibur (03-06-19), PsyCam (03-06-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Hi PsyCam, although I haven't personally had any experience with this particular strain I have had really nice 'highs' with strains in around the 17% (and lower) THC mark,

Let us know and share your opinions/thoughts with us if you do decide to go ahead with this strain
    Thank you very much for taking the time to write this long message! really appreciate it

You're totally right about choosing a strain based on thc only! I looked around the web and social media and managed to make friends with a few people who have grown this strain personally and I'm quite happy with all the effects, not just for the thc! They gave me really good info on growing it too! So have decided to go forward with Em Dog and Chocolate Mint OG from Humboldt!

Also think I'd be quite happy with 17%
    Don't want to be too paralysed

I'll keep you guys updated on how it goes very excited to grow these strains!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PsyCam For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-06-19), IceCalibur (03-06-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    As Ice said, 17% is really good ^^^, I am very happy with 15% and up, for my taste. It's not just the THC, but the different ways different strains make you fell. But if you want A strain that will knock you on your ass, than try A Double Black Domanic 98. This is A real Bell ringer. good luck and happy growing.
    Thanks hotshot
    Really appreciate this advice!
    Think I'll be quite happy with 17%
    But I'll also keep an eye out for that strain! Looks really interesting

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PsyCam For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-06-19), IceCalibur (03-06-19)

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by PsyCam View Post
    Thank you very much for taking the time to write this long message! really appreciate it

You're totally right about choosing a strain based on thc only! I looked around the web and social media and managed to make friends with a few people who have grown this strain personally and I'm quite happy with all the effects, not just for the thc! They gave me really good info on growing it too! So have decided to go forward with Em Dog and Chocolate Mint OG from Humboldt!

Also think I'd be quite happy with 17%
    Don't want to be too paralysed

I'll keep you guys updated on how it goes very excited to grow these strains!

You're more than welcome PsyCam, and I'm looking forward to your updates on both the Em Dog and the Chocolate Mint (that sound delicious!)

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-06-19), PsyCam (03-06-19)