Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: PH in water does it really matter in soil medium?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,169 Times

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Absolutely, looking back at my grows late on it actually make sense CD..can't wait to get the ball rolling and put it into place. Going to make sure I get two PH pens (good quality as I can afford), just to average out any inconsistencies
    Glad I could help mate. When I first started growing I had one nightmare grow after the other. My grow shop guru and the internet both said I did not need to bother with PH since I was using "organic nutes" (plenty of liquid mineral nute brands being called organic) (most of the tech sheets on these products do say to adjust PH)

When I finally figured it out I decided to join the Talk hoping that I could help people with the same problem.

My HM Digital PH pen holds PH better and longer than my bluelab which cost 3x more.

Having buffering solution and checking often is crucial. I was told that recalibrating the pen reduces life. So I check in PH 7 first and then do the math to get accurate PH when checking the water or feed. I recalibrate about once a month only.

Glad to have met you Icecalibur. Looking forward to seeing you grow soon! Cheers.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-06-19), IceCalibur (01-06-19), Novicegroweruk (01-06-19), Squaggy (01-06-19)

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6DF72812-B9DF-4C6E-A1B8-EA4BADB98AA0.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	120.7 KB 
ID:	372819Click image for larger version. 

ID:	372819Thanks everyone, according to the water board in my area we are around 8.2 so after reading all these I’ve just ordered PH down and a PH pen, think i’ll Aim for 6.0 and see how they go, many thanks for the time taken from everyone, it’s my first ever grow so really appreciate it :-)
    Last edited by Novicegroweruk; 01-06-19 at 06:17 PM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Novicegroweruk For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (01-06-19), GEORGE (02-06-19), IceCalibur (01-06-19)

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CityDweller View Post
    Glad I could help mate. When I first started growing I had one nightmare grow after the other. My grow shop guru and the internet both said I did not need to bother with PH since I was using "organic nutes" (plenty of liquid mineral nute brands being called organic) (most of the tech sheets on these products do say to adjust PH)

When I finally figured it out I decided to join the Talk hoping that I could help people with the same problem.

My HM Digital PH pen holds PH better and longer than my bluelab which cost 3x more.

Having buffering solution and checking often is crucial. I was told that recalibrating the pen reduces life. So I check in PH 7 first and then do the math to get accurate PH when checking the water or feed. I recalibrate about once a month only.

Glad to have met you Icecalibur. Looking forward to seeing you grow soon! Cheers.
    Really nice to have met you too CD, really is something special about these forums..you get to meet such cool characters such as yourself to share opinions/ideas, general banter and pictures on a subject we all have in common

Can't wait to share my grows..I literally can't wait to get back to my passion of growing cannabis

Is this the pen you have mate?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (01-06-19), GEORGE (02-06-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Really nice to have met you too CD, really is something special about these forums..you get to meet such cool characters such as yourself to share opinions/ideas, general banter and pictures on a subject we all have in common

Can't wait to share my grows..I literally can't wait to get back to my passion of growing cannabis

Is this the pen you have mate?

That's the one. With checking in buffering solution often I don't see the need for 2. I have a 2nd but it is put away until the current one breaks or cannot hold calibration.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-06-19), IceCalibur (01-06-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Novicegroweruk View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

ID:	372819Click image for larger version. 

ID:	372819Thanks everyone, according to the water board in my area we are around 8.2 so after reading all these I’ve just ordered PH down and a PH pen, think i’ll Aim for 6.0 and see how they go, many thanks for the time taken from everyone, it’s my first ever grow so really appreciate it :-)
    Nice plants! You should start a journal so we can all watch them progress.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-06-19), IceCalibur (01-06-19), Novicegroweruk (01-06-19), Tavish (01-06-19)

Thanks

Think I might just do that :-)

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Novicegroweruk For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (02-06-19), GEORGE (02-06-19), Tavish (01-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,141 Times

Quote Originally Posted by CityDweller View Post
    So much depends on the specifics of the soil, the nutes and the water. Saying don't PH in soil assumes that all 3 crucial components are going to balance each other. (For some they do) I think that it's better to just play it safe. At least that's what works for me.

If my water was 5.8 or 7.2 maybe i would have been okay in organic. But my tap is 8.2 and it never worked for me.
    Hi mate. What’s do you use as ph down when growing organically?

Please check out my diary.

Millwall Does G13 Gigabud under QB’s using Biotabs
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...8&share_type=t

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to millwall115 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (02-06-19), GEORGE (02-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,830 Times

Quote Originally Posted by millwall115 View Post

I'm growing organically and use regular pH up and down, ie potassium hydroxide/ phosphoric acid.
    I know they sell citric acid as an organic pH up, but really the hydrogen ions that lower pH or hydroxide ions that raise pH are the same regardless of the chemistry of the compound. The potassium in the regular pH liquids simply add to the potassium in the solution.

My tap pH is 7 and a 25 litre bucket usually takes less than 1ml of pH up or down to adjust to where I like it, 6.5-7.
    Whilst the microherd do adjust pH in the soil, they find it easier to adjust down rather than up.
    When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prime For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,801 Times

I just finished my first grow and I never checked my pH during it, I did get a nasty colour on some of my leaves on one plant though, could have been a ph issue, who knows, I'm doing it now though, my tap water comes out at around 7.6, is that way too high? On my grow I'm doing now I lower it to 6.2,is that about right, I'm in coco?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harryhoudinii For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by millwall115 View Post

Hi millwall. I use fresh squeezed lemon juice.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

BB (02-06-19), GEORGE (02-06-19), millwall115 (02-06-19)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast