Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fungus among us?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,374 Times
    Provided Answers: 2

Default Answered: Fungus among us?

7 week old plants in 3 gallon Fox farm ocean forest cut with extra perlite, worm castings and kelp meal. Fed weekly microbe teas. Plants suffered from high ph'd water until a week ago. Have all been flushed for ph and stable for 5 days. The tent did maintain a 60-70% RH and temps between 65-75f for several days due to issues. Normal tent RH/temp is 40-50% RH and 72-81f

Mild spotting began 2 weeks ago on the Critical jack and was initially perceived as a feed issue. Spotting dramatically increased on the Critical jack from base to top over the past week and has been seen on 2 other plants in the same tent this morning.

After doing some looking online I think this is leaf septoria and should be treated with foliar and topical neem oil, increase in ventilation and decrease in humidity. So far I have increased ventilation, temps and dropped RH. I have no idea at how to apply the neem oil for this application though.

Am I on the right track?

How do I use the neem?

Thank you all for your time.

2. "
    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousaurusRex View Post
    I thought about that with the lockout and the flush but that it would start jumping from plant to plant? Just seems alive. I can get the neem today but will have to order soap nuts.

I couldnt have flushed the cal out of it with one flush but I can add some epsom with their feed tonight if we think it will help?
    If they were all suffering from the same PH, then it's very possible they all suffered the same deficiency, so not so much jumping from plant to plant but experiencing the same def.

As far as I know Epsom salts does not provide Calcium..rather magnesium.

Dolomite lime or Garden lime can provide it but you may need to purchase a bottle intended for it bud (cal-mag).

I also know too much potassium and nitrogen will lock out calcium too."

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to C-Rex For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (31-05-19), Gaz (31-05-19), GEORGE (31-05-19), Greengrass (31-05-19), UpInSmoke1990 (31-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,897 Times
    Provided Answers: 1

Hey man can't help much other than search the thread for neem guide by Gaz as I use his method and have done for the last 5 weeks @Icecalibur @Gaz I dont no how to attach a thread

Sent from my X5max_PRO using Tapatalk

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to UpInSmoke1990 For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (31-05-19), Gaz (31-05-19), GEORGE (31-05-19), IceCalibur (31-05-19)

6. Default

There are two I can link you, both fantastic read-throughs

redisiel's IPM (intergrated pest management) - Clicky

Gaz's Neem and soapnuts quick guide - Clicky

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (31-05-19), Gaz (31-05-19), GEORGE (31-05-19), UpInSmoke1990 (31-05-19)

8. Default

CuriousaurusRex out of curiosity what was the PH reading exactly when it was unbalanced?

Also hard/soft water area?

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by UpInSmoke1990 View Post
    Hey man can't help much other than search the thread for neem guide by Gaz as I use his method and have done for the last 5 weeks @Icecalibur @Gaz I dont no how to attach a thread

Sent from my X5max_PRO using Tapatalk
    To attach a thread you can either just paste the URL mate, or highlight a word (as an example I highlighted the word clicky) then click on the small earth pic with what looks like a link, click that then add the URL in the pop-up, job done

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    CuriousaurusRex out of curiosity what was the PH reading exactly when it was unbalanced?

Also hard/soft water area?
    Exactly I cant give you. I have been using tap water the entire time and it ph's at 7.5 with a hydro kit. The water is hard.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C-Rex For This Useful Post:

Gaz (31-05-19), GEORGE (31-05-19)

14. Default

Exactly I cant give you. I have been using tap water the entire time and it ph's at 7.5 with a hydro kit. The water is hard.
    Ok the reason I ask is that it also looks like a calcium def, which could have been locked out due to the PH issues?

Cal gets locked out at anything outside a very small range of 6.2 to 6.5

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (31-05-19), CityDweller (31-05-19), Gaz (31-05-19), GEORGE (31-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,218 Times
    Provided Answers: 12

I am thinking cal/mag deficiency but might be wrong.
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (31-05-19), CityDweller (31-05-19), Gaz (31-05-19), GEORGE (31-05-19), IceCalibur (31-05-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Ok the reason I ask is that it also looks like a calcium def, which could have been locked out due to the PH issues?

Cal gets locked out at anything outside a very small range of 6.2 to 6.5
    I thought about that with the lockout and the flush but that it would start jumping from plant to plant? Just seems alive. I can get the neem today but will have to order soap nuts.

I couldnt have flushed the cal out of it with one flush but I can add some epsom with their feed tonight if we think it will help?

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to C-Rex For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (31-05-19), Gaz (31-05-19), GEORGE (31-05-19), IceCalibur (31-05-19)

20. Default

If they were all suffering from the same PH, then it's very possible they all suffered the same deficiency, so not so much jumping from plant to plant but experiencing the same def.

As far as I know Epsom salts does not provide Calcium..rather magnesium.

Dolomite lime or Garden lime can provide it but you may need to purchase a bottle intended for it bud (cal-mag).

I also know too much potassium and nitrogen will lock out calcium too.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (31-05-19), CityDweller (31-05-19), Gaz (31-05-19), GEORGE (31-05-19)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast