Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Faulty hygro meter?

Thanks

Default Faulty hygro meter?

Hi all me again

Didn’t really worry about humidity but now I’m into week 4 of flower I’m starting to worry about the humidity.
    From reading the forums yesterday and today I’ve learnt that my humidity shouldn’t be as high as it is.
    Temps are around 26-27 but my humidity is showing as RH 72% and off the scale during lights off.
    Is it possible for the humidity to be so high with a good tent temp?

It’s a 1.2 1.2 tent and I think 8ft high with a 600 watt Hps extraction only fan/filter. One big fan over light and a smaller clip on one at the bottom of the tent.I have 3 super skunk in there 2 were topped and one wasn’t. They stand just over a meter and are quiet bushy I’ve got a support net opening them up so light gets trhrough to the bottom and supports the plants.

Thanks all for reading the post

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matrixdts For This Useful Post:

Dr Green (08-06-19), GEORGE (08-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,563 Times

Quote Originally Posted by matrixdts View Post
    Hi all me again

Didn’t really worry about humidity but now I’m into week 4 of flower I’m starting to worry about the humidity.
    From reading the forums yesterday and today I’ve learnt that my humidity shouldn’t be as high as it is.
    Temps are around 26-27 but my humidity is showing as RH 72% and off the scale during lights off.
    Is it possible for the humidity to be so high with a good tent temp?

It’s a 1.2 1.2 tent and I think 8ft high with a 600 watt Hps extraction only fan/filter. One big fan over light and a smaller clip on one at the bottom of the tent.I have 3 super skunk in there 2 were topped and one wasn’t. They stand just over a meter and are quiet bushy I’ve got a support net opening them up so light gets trhrough to the bottom and supports the plants.

Thanks all for reading the post
    Ideally during flower you want to keep humidity down mate, have you thought about getting a dehumidifier? You can get away with a cheap one from Argos or something but the smaller they are the more often you’d be emptying it.
    I’m lucky I’m my tent as I only struggle with low humidity so during the flowering period I’m good. You want that rH at about 40/50%

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LewisR19 For This Useful Post:

Dr Green (08-06-19), GEORGE (08-06-19), matrixdts (08-06-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LewisR19 View Post
    Ideally during flower you want to keep humidity down mate, have you thought about getting a dehumidifier? You can get away with a cheap one from Argos or something but the smaller they are the more often you’d be emptying it.
    I’m lucky I’m my tent as I only struggle with low humidity so during the flowering period I’m good. You want that rH at about 40/50%
    Thanks for the reply. I’ve looked at getting one yes but last resort really for me. I wondered if the meter was faulty because I’ve not read people getting that high humidity with good temps or am I missing something? I’ve got one I can borrow off a mate to try

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matrixdts For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. I’ve looked at getting one yes but last resort really for me. I wondered if the meter was faulty because I’ve not read people getting that high humidity with good temps or am I missing something? I’ve got one I can borrow off a mate to try
    Unless your extraction fan is powerful enough to draw out the air/suck up some of the humidity, my only other suggestion is a dehumidifier sorry. Hopefully some of the more experienced guys will drop in and give some pointers but as for lowering humidity this is all I can suggest at the moment .
    Borrow from your mate until chop, and plan to get one for the next grow

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LewisR19 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LewisR19 View Post
    Unless your extraction fan is powerful enough to draw out the air/suck up some of the humidity, my only other suggestion is a dehumidifier sorry. Hopefully some of the more experienced guys will drop in and give some pointers but as for lowering humidity this is all I can suggest at the moment .
    Borrow from your mate until chop, and plan to get one for the next grow
    Ok mate think that’s the best option and I’ll try my mates meter just to be sure. Are they expensive to run these days?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matrixdts For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Ok mate think that’s the best option and I’ll try my mates meter just to be sure. Are they expensive to run these days?
    I have no idea mate, sorry

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LewisR19 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,614 Times

sorry,Im having a little trouble understanding, so you have no carbon filter/extraction system?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kurdt For This Useful Post:

Dr Green (08-06-19), GEORGE (09-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,186 Times

Mate fill a cup/pot with 3/4 of table salt. Should help bring it down abit. Has your extraction fan got speed settings?

Maybe also raise your light just a tad

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dr Green; 08-06-19 at 12:35 PM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr Green For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-06-19), matrixdts (27-01-20)

Thanks

Hi mate yes have filter / extraction system. Not adjustable though

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdt View Post
    sorry,Im having a little trouble understanding, so you have no carbon filter/extraction system?

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to matrixdts For This Useful Post:

Dr Green (08-06-19), GEORGE (09-06-19), Kurdt (08-06-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Master Kief View Post
    Mate fill a cup/pot with 3/4 of table salt. Should help bring it down abit. Has your extraction fan got speed settings?

Maybe also raise your light just a tad

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply I’ll give that a go. Ironically I’ve just checked and it’s down to 60 this morning. Extraction doesn’t have speed settings. Maybe it’s the weather we’re having in the Uk. I did take a few shaders off yesterday maybe that’s helped.

Lights nearly maxed out I begged a bit long lol

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matrixdts For This Useful Post:

Dr Green (08-06-19), GEORGE (09-06-19)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast