Thread: Leaf discoloration

Thanks

Default Leaf discoloration

This approximately the 4th week of flower and a few of the larger leafs close to the bottom have started to get some color changes. So I've started adding in the grow which I've not been giving because the soil is rich. After a couple doses of the grow I thought the leaves would green up again. But they haven't so now I'm wondering if it's something else?

Soil or hydro or coco: Soil Fox Farm Happy Frog

Strain: Dinafem Dinamed CBD Auto

Photo or Auto: Auto

plant agerop in the water 45 days ago

pot size: 7 gal

has it been repotted? and when?: No

soil type: Fox Farm Happy Frog

nutes or additives used and how often for soil:
    Bio-grow 1ml per liter
    Bio-bloom 2ml per liter
    Top max 1 ml per liter
    About 4 liters every 4 days

Air temps (max min): 20C to 26C

Res temps (max min): Not sure

humidity: 40 - 50

lighting type and wattage (hps, led, cfl): HPS 1000 w 24" distance.

Light schedule: 18 - 6

ph level:not sure

EC (hydro and coco only) not sure

Background EC. not sure

feed schedule and nutes (for hydro and coco) not sure

Sent from my LM-Q710.FGN using Tapatalk
    I use to toke, now I take vitamins

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cancangrower For This Useful Post:

Greengrass (11-06-19), hotshot (11-06-19)

Thanks

maybe ease of the nitrogen pal looks like youve got a build up of nitrogen and probably pk. too much of these lock out other nutrients. reduce your nitrogen right now tho or youll end up with a poop yield. buy some cal mag mix it in til you get an ec of 0.4 then add your base on top til you get to 1.2ec.myou can use 1.2ec for most plants big and small you dont really need to go higher than that unless you know what your doing. so thats 1.2 of feed.. if your tap water is 0.2 you add that on, so your ec meter should read 1.4 to be at 1.2 strength because 0.2 of that is just the crap in your tap water not feed. although it has some good stuff in it. forget using bud boosters for now your plants wont take them up anyway you need to back off everything and feed that deficiency and at the same time reduce your nitrogen levels. i reccomend canna calmag 50ml in 100L of water normally gives me 0.4ec from 0.2..i could add more but calmag has alot of nitrogen in it so be careful its mearly to sort out your deficiency and keep your pk levels lower.

sooo lower pk levels with canna calmag + feed that deficiency.

lower nitrogen levels the same way if not enough bring your base feed lower keeping your calmag at 0.4ec.

forget the bloom bud boosters! trust me your going to lose yield using them here. you should only use those when your on the top of your game and when you see the plants needing them. your better to starve your plants of pk and then add it when you see a pk deficiency. any deficiency in N P or K doesnt really matter just add more. but when youve got too much of any one of these your looking for trouble and a hard time finding answers. you will lock out all the other nutrients your plants need which are normally available all the time. the only one you should have problems with is cal mag in coco. but just add it in veg and early flower (3 weeks in) that should be enough to see you through. you can use it right to the end if you want but you have less room for bloom boosters and base if you do. (some plants prefer calmag over pk) remember that one

Sent from my Redmi 4X using Tapatalk

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tommmy91 For This Useful Post:

hotshot (11-06-19), iwallace (12-06-19)

Thanks

looks like your lights are too close aswell... maybe thats whats causing this... the more light the more they drink. more drink more feed more toxicity. another reason to stick to 1.2ec. if your conditions aint perfect play it safe otherwise that second the temps go up your plants will take up more than they need

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tommmy91 For This Useful Post:

hotshot (11-06-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 44,956 Times in 13,330 Posts

Lower your feeds .

That soil is hot enough as it is . Cut your feeds in half

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

Greengrass (12-06-19), hotshot (11-06-19), kbag (12-06-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tommmy91 View Post
    looks like your lights are too close aswell... maybe thats whats causing this... the more light the more they drink. more drink more feed more toxicity. another reason to stick to 1.2ec. if your conditions aint perfect play it safe otherwise that second the temps go up your plants will take up more than they need

Ok thanks, so is it a Cal Mag deficiency?
    And I don't have ec readings or a way to measure them. This there a way I can correct the calmag without knowing the EC.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancangrower For This Useful Post:

hotshot (11-06-19)

Thanks

If this is a magnesium deficiency, can I use epsom salts to fix this?
    If epsom salts is the fix should I spray that on or water with it, and how much?
    I'm using well water that would be consider mildly hard. And should I be adding in calcium as well?

Cheers

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancangrower For This Useful Post:

hotshot (12-06-19)

Thanks

When your plant is flowering, it uses a lot of nutrients, which is normal. The plants store nutrients and stuff in the larger fan leaves, which are the ones that start to yellow first. Once a leaf starts to yellow, or if it is damaged, it doesn't heal, it either allows the affected areas to die on a particular leaf, or in this case, the entire leaf will continue to yellow and will eventually die and fall off. This can sometimes be prevented by giving enough nitrogen during flowering, although this flies in the face of conventional wisdom, where less nitrogen is best during flowering. It's a narrow balance, although losing a few bottom fan leaves is not a cause for alarm. Throwing more fertilizer and stuff on it now probably won't help anything.
    Another potential issue is overfeeding. Fox Farms products are pretty hot (pre loaded with a lot of nutrients), and adding a couple other products might cause some overfeeding issues after a while. One problem is that some over-feeding issues appear to look like deficiencies, so you could be making the problem worse by adding stuff that should make it better.
    I usually recommend going light on the nutrients, since it is a lot easier to fix a deficiency than to fix an overdose. If you feel that they are in need of magnesium, a foliar spray might be a better option, since too much Cal-Mag in the soil can cause Ph and nutrient lockout. It's a narrow path that needs to be followed, since too much of something is as bad as not enough of another. Go easy on the feedbag and I think it will work out, although you will lose a few leaves in the process. FWIW, some strains lose almost ALL their leaves during flowerig, so you need to keep that in mind also. Good Luck... Things look pretty good!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimster For This Useful Post:

hotshot (12-06-19)

Thanks

Thanks Gents,

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancangrower For This Useful Post:

hotshot (12-06-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,970 Times in 3,192 Posts

I agree with trex this plant is over fertilized and def would not foliar feed her anything. To much nitrogen will produce yellow as well as burnt tips shiny waxy looking leaves.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kbag For This Useful Post:

hotshot (12-06-19), Trex (12-06-19)

Thanks

i think you need to check your incoming water mate, if its from a WELL, ph could be anywhere, might even be best to get a few bottles of water from a shop,
    can you smell chlorine from your drinking water tap(not sure if they still use chlorine or something else)
    do a few tests on water get the results back up on here, other ppl will get you back on track.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to iwallace For This Useful Post:

hotshot (12-06-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iwallace View Post
    i think you need to check your incoming water mate, if its from a WELL, ph could be anywhere, might even be best to get a few bottles of water from a shop,
    can you smell chlorine from your drinking water tap(not sure if they still use chlorine or something else)
    do a few tests on water get the results back up on here, other ppl will get you back on track.
    No chlorine, I'm on a well (group source). PH is about 7.2. I believe I read somewhere that with soil the pH is a bit less of a concern. What is the best ph for soil and what should I be ph'ing my water to.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cancangrower For This Useful Post:

hotshot (12-06-19), iwallace (12-06-19), Trex (12-06-19)

Thanks

7.2 ph is good mate, the only wells ive worked on always had a metering station to pump chlorine, so ive learnt something today?

24. The Following User Says Thank You to iwallace For This Useful Post:

hotshot (12-06-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kbag View Post
    I agree with trex this plant is over fertilized and def would not foliar feed her anything. To much nitrogen will produce yellow as well as burnt tips shiny waxy looking leaves.
    Agreed, I've only feed these things twice in their lifecycle. And just recently because the yellow leaves started showing up. The soil I used (fox Farm Happy Frog) seems to have an abundance of nitrogen. That said I don't really know what the number on the bag mean. See the pic below.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cancangrower For This Useful Post:

hotshot (12-06-19), IceCalibur (12-06-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 44,956 Times in 13,330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cancangrower View Post
    No chlorine, I'm on a well (group source). PH is about 7.2. I believe I read somewhere that with soil the pH is a bit less of a concern. What is the best ph for soil and what should I be ph'ing my water to.

Its the ph of your soil that is more critical the anything .

Water itself wont change the soil of your ph unless its toxic sludge or the right amount chemicals that can cause a ionic change in it and that can take decades lol

Soil mediums for Cannabis are best at 6-7 . Ideally 6.3-6.5

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

hotshot (12-06-19), iwallace (13-06-19)