Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Why such large Pots?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,505 Times

I haven't gone crazy big but have used up to 11litre pots. I think a lot of people just think big pot means big plant so more bud. Not always true in fact I prefer my 6litre pots with coco. Feel the plants grow a more manageable size and root quicker.

End of the day you can only produce based on the lights so worth working it out by that and your plant numbers. If your growing under a 250w and have 3 plants, your aiming for gpw which works out just shy of 9oz so call it 3 per plant. Can easily achieve that from a 6 litre pot so going any larger imo is just wasting time waiting for the larger pots to root. So when I am deciding on pot size I try to base it on how many plants I'm running under what light.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

G' (12-06-19), GEORGE (12-06-19), kbag (12-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,472 Times

Are you using air pruning pots Bazilbrush for the 6 liter or just standard round pots? i am flowering a couple plants now in standard 6 liter round pots under a 300w led and i feel i would have done better if i had used a air pruning pot.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kbag For This Useful Post:

G' (12-06-19), GEORGE (12-06-19), Tavish (12-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,505 Times

Quote Originally Posted by kbag View Post
    Are you using air pruning pots Bazilbrush for the 6 liter or just standard round pots? i am flowering a couple plants now in standard 6 liter round pots under a 300w led and i feel i would have done better if i had used a air pruning pot.
    I use standard square pots mate. I'm willing to bet the environment plays a bigger role than what pot is used tbh. Using 6 litre pots I've got just over a gpw only by 6 gram but hey its my best lol . Grow after that was under gpw by something like 48grams. Last grow was just under again by a few grams and if honest lol I am bit ashamed to say this lol. I would of got gpw again but I was so bloody sick of the trimming that in the end I was just leaving buds on the plant. Not even just low down pop corn buds but decent buds. My sister came in the room as I was just folding up plants and binning them and grabbed what she could from just 1 plant and was easily an half oz she ended up with just from that. Lol no one hates trimming as much as me I tell ya. Current grow I didn't think I would do as well maybe but looking now like I'm gonna do better than I thought. Gonna have to trim it at 9 weeks rather than 10 though which I ain't looking forward too already lol . Got some shit being done in the house and rather just put them off by a week rather than any longer. End of the day I could have been half way through flower and it would have been a lot worse.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (12-06-19), G' (12-06-19), GEORGE (12-06-19), kbag (12-06-19), Tavish (12-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

In the past i've always grown my photo's in 25l pots and after harvest find when turning pots out they have a very shall we say crowded root system i'm still using the 25l pots but decided to experiment with 1 plant in a 45l pot as a mobile scrogg 3 plants in the 25l pots and 1 plant in the 45l all popped at the same time so i guess we'll see what happens at the end of the grows, G'.
    FIGHTING FOR PEACE IS LIKE FU#@ING FOR VIRGINITY

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-06-19), IceCalibur (12-06-19), kbag (12-06-19), Mac (12-06-19), Tavish (12-06-19), Trex (13-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,811 Times

I wouldn't have getting 16oz from one plant in a 15lt builders bucket, mon the big pots
    ~~~ Northern Lights x Big Bud / SCROG..one plant, 16oz total yield

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Big-Bud-SCROG

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Peanut butter For This Useful Post:

G' (13-06-19), GEORGE (13-06-19), Tavish (13-06-19), Trex (13-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Sadface View Post
    I only flower in 20l pots ..but I veg on average 3 months
    Yea . I was talkin more about autos here . My bad .
    Photos the sky is the limit in coco depending how big we want them

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

G' (13-06-19), GEORGE (13-06-19), lipnobody (13-06-19), Tavish (13-06-19)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3