Thread: Medical Cannabis No Solution to the Opioid Crisis - Medscape

Thanks
    Thanked 4,201 Times in 2,533 Posts

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inky For This Useful Post:

Benson123 (12-06-19), hotshot (12-06-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 122,112 Times in 36,758 Posts

As a UK citizen I often hear that Opioids are extensively used in the US as a way of managing pain that should be dealt with in a different, but more expensive way, something many US people can't afford (don't shoot me down as that is what I read...)

Now, assuming that Opioids are dished out the same way as blood pressure pills & statins are in the UK then that is the issue as the doctors are getting a kick back for opioids but not weed... as a Dr what would you do? The easy way that lines your pocket , or the longer way that you get no extra from?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

hotshot (12-06-19), Trex (12-06-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 44,836 Times in 13,300 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    As a UK citizen I often hear that Opioids are extensively used in the US as a way of managing pain that should be dealt with in a different, but more expensive way, something many US people can't afford (don't shoot me down as that is what I read...)

Now, assuming that Opioids are dished out the same way as blood pressure pills & statins are in the UK then that is the issue as the doctors are getting a kick back for opioids but not weed... as a Dr what would you do? The easy way that lines your pocket , or the longer way that you get no extra from?
    Yes MC .

Purdue pharma . Maker of Oxycontin is in deep shit after a whistlblower came out with audio evidence from a board meeting from the mid-2000's telling themselves .... how can we get America hooked ?

That said . Alot of Dr's are being brought to justice for handing these thijgs out ....
    They get caught .... patients end up going to the streets to get their fix and heroin is cheaper then the pills ... alot of it is laced with Fentanyl in these parts .

It was a corporate scheme all along . All the big pharma fucks need to be brought up on RICO charges . Have their assets seized (like the rest of us would) and then be lined up at the gallows at Town halls accross North America publically executed by overdose of their own product .....

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

hotshot (12-06-19), M_C (12-06-19), scoobywho (12-06-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 122,112 Times in 36,758 Posts

Thanks for clearing that up Trex

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

hotshot (12-06-19), scoobywho (12-06-19), Trex (12-06-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,485 Times in 1,927 Posts

Know lots of folk addicted to codeine here most of them ended up addicted because they were put on them for chronic pain. Now they say use no more than 3 days but the boxes still come with a 8 day supply

Codeine addiction seems to be a middle class thing here though in my experience anyway...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scoobywho For This Useful Post:

hotshot (12-06-19), Trex (12-06-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scoobywho View Post
    Know lots of folk addicted to codeine here most of them ended up addicted because they were put on them for chronic pain. Now they say use no more than 3 days but the boxes still come with a 8 day supply

Codeine addiction seems to be a middle class thing here though in my experience anyway...

Yea codeine is how it starts ffs . Then when the codeine doesnt take much effect . They need morphine . Then heroin or dilaudid .then fentynyl and ffs theres tons of overdosez here on a daily basis . All big cities are rife with this shit Vancouver in particular is going through a nasty bout with it . Even small towns are in itz grips ffs .

Even cocaine is beijg found with fentanyl .

They are handing these thing out like candy to anyone who has a bruise ffs .

Even the Massive distributors are against the heroin bein laced . Theyve lost control . You can geg fentynyl in the dark web imported from china by the kg .Alot of small dealers who are caught dealin this garbage are getting severe beatings by local gangs .... killin off their customers ...like wtf !!!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

hotshot (12-06-19), scoobywho (12-06-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scoobywho View Post

Right now i can go get Codeine With tylenol without a dr script . Been like that 2-3yrs now . You just go to the counter and ask for it . 4$ for a weeks supply .
    Its logged in the computer ... but one can jump pharmacy after pharmacy get mass amounts and voila ..... kids gettin hooked and all that

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (12-06-19), hotshot (12-06-19), scoobywho (12-06-19)