Thread: Dialing in 1st coco grow, EC question

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times

Default Dialing in 1st coco grow, EC question

Hola, hope you are all well. It's the weekend

Recently started my 1st coco grow and looking to dial in my feeding schedule. Have been following Blue's excellent coco guide and gave my seedlings their first feed today of Rhizotonic and Canna A+B 0.8 EC total @ 5.8 PH. My background is 0.6EC
    When I measured the run off it showed at 0.7 EC.

So if the plants are only using 0.1EC can I dial the mix back to 0.7EC (base+0.1) total until they start showing for more then just take it up 1 tick and repeat? Or should I keep at 0.8 so I can see when it starts using more and adjust accordingly from there so the plant always has a buffer if it needs the extra?

Hope I have explained clearly enough for you to get what I mean.

Many thanks in advance for any insight you can provide

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (14-06-19), GEORGE (15-06-19), IceCalibur (14-06-19), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (24-01-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,779 Times

I see your thinking but the trouble with doing what you suggest is that it becomes very easy to underfeed them
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-06-19), Mac (15-06-19), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (24-01-21), Trex (14-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

I get what you mean .

Generally what i see with my runoff with healthy plants . Runoff can be .2-.3 above and ph also . As long as it aint much higher then that youll be good .

So for example in full flower . Lets say a full feed of 1.4 with r.o water . And ph is 6.0 . You may very well get 1.6 e.c and 6.3 runoff .
    Its just a guideline per say . As all runoff is in essemc is flushed out nutrients that was binded to the coco . Its always best to read the plant and go from there

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-06-19), Mac (15-06-19), M_C (14-06-19), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (24-01-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times

Thank you both, very helpful. Appreciate the time taken to reply

Hope ya have a great weekend

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-06-19)