Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The Best (and Worst) Video Games to Play When You're High

Thanks

Default Bullet time

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    Loved F.E.A.R

Played to death...

Far Cry series (Except 4...who the fuck wants bows & arrows...SNIPER FTW )
    Borderlands series
    Crisis series
    Goldeneye - me & my boys used to play this relentlessly on N64
    Half-life series
    Sniper series
    All of the Star Wars FPS series
    Bioshock series - weird but great

Plus thousands of others...I started smoking weed at 13 and have been stoned ever since...EVERY video game is better played stoned

I was there at the start of video games, been in the design stage of a few and have seen them in every incarnation up to now...I can say without a doubt, only 1 game has ever made me jump...Dead Space PC game from 2008...Awesome
    Dang...it looks like we have a lot of the same collection! F.E.A.R. was the SECOND game I remember using bullet time; did anyone else play the first Max Payne? Bullet time blew my mind, then it took over the FPS world, and then it sort of disappeared. Sequels were disappointing, but the original is so great.

And, F.E.A.R. also had an advanced physics engine that was worth upgrading your video card so you could play it properly (I did). You'd see papers get torn into confetti, crates splintering. You'd be able to pick out individual shotgun pellets in mid-flight, and blood splattering when it hit (and, there was a lot of blood). I'd sometimes shoot things just to see it, even though I probably would need the ammo later for something more important. It was that glorious.

I also loved the Deadspace games (all of them). Evil is afoot, and they look freaky as hell. But, the equipment and the upgrades make it feel as if I have a chance against these nightmares. Depending on how high I am, it seems like I actually do. Way too much fun.

And, yeah: Bioshock is one of my all-time favorite series. Did you ever play System Shock 2? An earlier version of the messed up world designed by Looking Glass studios. The graphics haven't withstood the test of time (even with the high res graphic overlay), but it's a frightening look at the future. Bioshock is also messed up, but the powers and the gadgets are so cool.

I just remembered my favorite series (all-time): Fallout, starting with Fallout 3. I get lost in a huge virtual world, and I miss the times I have to (annoyingly) return to the real world...and this is a game about a nightmare future. Now, that's brilliant game design.
    Last edited by Underpants McGregor; 23-06-19 at 06:48 AM.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Underpants McGregor For This Useful Post:

AND (23-06-19), Bundy75 (23-06-19), curiouscultivator (26-06-19), GEORGE (23-06-19), harryhoudinii (23-06-19), IceCalibur (23-06-19), lipnobody (24-06-19), LondonSeedCentre (23-06-19)

Thanks

I also remember how awesome the Dead Space series was (all of them), but particularly Dead Space 2. Evil is on the loose, and they look freaky as hell. But, with my suit and weapons, plus cool upgrades, I actually feel like I have a chance with these nightmares.

And, one more thing about F.E.A.R. I fully realize that the evil little girl is a total copy of The Ring, and I see the freak-out moments coming a mile away. But, it still works. Blood and gore are cheap ways to scare; F.E.A.R. certainly has plenty of that. But, this also scares on a psychological level.

Ha...I'm currently re-installing a lot of these games now!
    Last edited by Underpants McGregor; 23-06-19 at 06:58 AM.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Underpants McGregor For This Useful Post:

AND (23-06-19), Bundy75 (23-06-19), curiouscultivator (26-06-19), GEORGE (23-06-19), LondonSeedCentre (23-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,801 Times

Dead space was so good, no hud, and your health was on the spine of your suit, I loved that, and the cut scenes of you getting fucked up if you die.

I think the scariest game for me is resident evil 7 biohazard, not a big fan of the other RE games but this was sick, first person made it more terrifying plus my surround sound head set, lights off, if you've not played it definitely get it.

I loved the old max Payne games underpants, really dark with a really depressing storyline, proper revenge killer, satisfying playthrough.

I mainly play rainbow six siege at the moment or zelda on my switch, will probably get cyberpunk, like the look of that.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to harryhoudinii For This Useful Post:

AND (23-06-19), Bundy75 (23-06-19), curiouscultivator (26-06-19), GEORGE (23-06-19), LondonSeedCentre (23-06-19), Underpants McGregor (25-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,499 Times

My favourite to play atm: Steep, GTA5, Battlefield 1, Borderlands 2, Hitman...

The worst game that I've played lately on this special occasion was Layers Of Fear... That definitely wasn't a good choice at the time . So I'd say to me the worst are horror games, but on the other hand I really enjoyed Until Dawn...

Jacob

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LondonSeedCentre For This Useful Post:

Bundy75 (23-06-19), curiouscultivator (26-06-19), GEORGE (23-06-19), harryhoudinii (23-06-19), IceCalibur (23-06-19), Underpants McGregor (25-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,908 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Tavish View Post
    Pubg when stoned is the worst, I'm not the best at it anyway, I always play in a team but I'm the looter not the shooter haha. But when I'm stoned I literally go on a pure skitz and actually think am in the game and people are guna shoot me so I just hide hahahaha.
    Also sims when I was younger, I used to get stoned, play on that and think this is exactly how my own house is going to look like when I'm older!
    How very wrong haha

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Haha I'm with you on pubg. When I'm stoned I'm to scared to go running about. especially if I've found the kit I want because I don't want to lose it

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Never rub another mans rhubarb

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bundy75 For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (26-06-19), GEORGE (23-06-19), IceCalibur (23-06-19), Tavish (23-06-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    A big spliff & Zelda, Ocarina Of Time... works every time for me
    I remember playing this so much back in the day. I'd done virtually everything on the game and lent it to a friend who accidentally deleted my whole game off the cartridge, never played it again

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bundy75 For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (26-06-19), GEORGE (23-06-19), IceCalibur (23-06-19), M_C (23-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,883 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Bundy75 View Post
    I remember playing this so much back in the day. I'd done virtually everything on the game and lent it to a friend who accidentally deleted my whole game off the cartridge, never played it again

I play it on the PC with a N64 emulator (Project 64 is my favourite but there are many) & you used to be able to download 'saves' if you wanted to save the effort of doing all the easy stuff
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Bundy75 (23-06-19), curiouscultivator (26-06-19), GEORGE (23-06-19), IceCalibur (23-06-19)

Thanks

I play it on the PC with a N64 emulator (Project 64 is my favourite but there are many) & you used to be able to download 'saves' if you wanted to save the effort of doing all the easy stuff
    I don't think that was an option back in the day. I've always been a console gamer, preferred the plug and play method. Spent a bit of money on a pc in the early/mid nineties and it still wasn't good enough to play the games I wanted so I got rid and carried on with the consoles.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bundy75 For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (26-06-19), GEORGE (23-06-19), IceCalibur (23-06-19), LondonSeedCentre (26-06-19), M_C (23-06-19), Underpants McGregor (26-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Love Zelda...between me & my 3, we finished every incarnation of Zelda...Ocarina was a fave of mine...also still play on Project64

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (26-06-19), GEORGE (23-06-19), IceCalibur (23-06-19), M_C (23-06-19), Underpants McGregor (26-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,883 Times

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    Love Zelda...between me & my 3, we finished every incarnation of Zelda...Ocarina was a fave of mine...also still play on Project64
    I stopped at majora's mask, just couldn't get my head around it

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (26-06-19), GEORGE (23-06-19)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast