Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: reviews anyone?

Thanks

Default reviews anyone?

Hey
    Does anyone have feedback on this system or others like them. Im a first time grower.
    p://www.hydroponic-growrooms.co.uk/page24.htm
    Im interested in picking one up for a couple of amazing cannabis strands. Thank you!!!!!

Thanks

It looks good man. Id personally go with the minifridge but thats just me. Thatll get the job done.
    Amber jar, green leaf, red bic and a bowl...

Thanks

I haven't ever used one, but i have however seen some damn good results with people using pc cabs.

Thanks

thank you i ordered the system despite what some people said do you know if white widow is worth giving a shot on my first attempt....... in the p.c growbox hydro system.

Thanks

Hello Ball13us,

*lines up ha'penny on edge of board*

*Shoves*

As a beginner, you've not helped yourself by going for a micro system; I know it seems sensible to start small, but really it complicates the grow somewhat by restricting the space available to the plant. That said, I realise you've purchased this system, so I'll punt up a few (maybe obvious) tips....

Micro cabs are best suited to growing from clones, eliminating most of the veg time (and more importantly; space) needed by seedlings, and ensuring uniform growth patterns and nutrient requirements (in the case of multiple plants).

As a beginner though, I'm guessing you'll be using seeds, so let's crack on along that route...

You will almost definitely need to employ some method of restricting the height of your plants. I'd go for a ScrOG, as LST will be difficult and time consuming by comparison.

If you're not a fan of LST or screening, another option to control height would be selectively pruning fan leaves just before flower, limiting the amount that the plant can stretch.

I'd also suggest a maximum of 2 plants in that small DWC unit, leaving the middle space free, as I just don't think there's enough space between the net pots to grow 3 with any vigour.

The lamp doesn't appear to be moveable, so you'll need to raise the DWC unit up to it (on a pile of books or somesuch), and lower it as the plants grow.

With small volume DWC, nutrient and pH levels can fluctuate dramatically in relatively short spaces of time, so daily checks will be required initially, increasing in frequency as the plants grow.

Which leads me nicely to your strain question....

White strains generally aren't the easiest option for beginners, as they tend to tolerate a narrow EC range. Add in the complication of different phenotypes from each seed requiring slightly different EC ranges, and you can see that growing 2 plants from seed in a single reservoir has the potential for a small amount of brow furrowing in the near future (if you're looking to grow perfect plants).

That said, tailor your EC to the plant with the lowest requirements (as overnuting causes more problems than undernuting), and you should be fine (for slightly underfed values of 'fine').

Woo! Gold Watch!

*retrievs Ha'pennies*

*buggers off*

Thanks

I'd go for a ScrOG, as LST will be difficult and time consuming by comparison.
    I agree with everything you said cept that...
    I think that lST would be a lot simpler than a scrog for a noob...

green_machine
    THERE"S NO EXCUSE FOR IGNORANCE

GROW HARD!

Grow Diary - Celtic Stone & Lemon Stinky & White Russian

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by green_machine View Post
    I think that lST would be a lot simpler than a scrog for a noob...
    You're right, I'll qualify my statement.

Whilst I'd agree that the concept is easier to grasp, and all that's needed to begin basic LST is a piece of string and some sticky tape, it has to be fairly intensive in such a tight space if you're trying to yield anything like a screen might.

Cue tearful beginners with 'I snapped my plant' posts.

Not on my concience, thankyou.

Bearing in mind the broad interpretation of LST (from a slight bend, to hardcore bondage), a screen that's attached to the pot (as opposed to attaching it to the walls as one would in a conventional ScrOG) will take a little bit of initial effort to set up, but should repay the debt with its daily simplicity, and more uniform yields.

Not that I don't love LST in general you understand.

Cos I plainly do.

See...

And more appropriately for this micro thread...

It's just that it's not the most efficient/productive way to make use of small spaces.

Usually. Probably. Sometimes, etc.

Thanks

Cool

Loving it Rabiez, they are fantastic mate. Alot of work has gone into your LST. Niceeee

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lkdj2003 View Post
    Loving it Rabiez, they are fantastic mate. Alot of work has gone into your LST. Niceeee
    Hehe, cheers!

I forgot to mention for the OP, that feminised seeds are the way forward in your minicab, until you can setup a mother and clone cab of some description.

Thanks

thats so cute i want to kiss it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast