Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Simple Hydroponics, The Wick System

Thanks

Thanks up.in and Az,

i'm gonna give it ago without the air pump and see how it fares to growing in soil.

I thought oxyplus only lasted a few hours in the solution as it evaporates out the water? Good for cleaning tho!
    JAMONIT..

Thanks

got prob with my wick system.2 weeks in to flowering my plants are firing 3 1/2 foot.but ive noticed a root or 2 goin in to resovoir dont seem to be making a differance but will it.?help please

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peteleech View Post
    got prob with my wick system.2 weeks in to flowering my plants are firing 3 1/2 foot.but ive noticed a root or 2 goin in to resovoir dont seem to be making a differance but will it.?help please
    Nah that won't hurt. I just got my NFT channels set up, they sit in a piss-trickle of water all day long. Roots in the reservoir is no biggie. I've had that happen with Krusty Buckets. As long as roots don't set in the airstone (if you have one,) you're fine.
    Party hardy, Rock & Roll!

Thanks

I tried the wick system at first and had min success, eventually had to convert over to a culture system mixed with the wick system (wich turned out to produce almost 2x more of a grow rate ) I seemed to have a problem with the wicks not delivering enough neut to the plant about three to four weeks in. i was using very large tiki torch wicks wich the roots bound to very well. And through much research found that there is not much confidance that the wicks are able to carry the salts up to the rest of the plant, water yes but other min, not sure. All in all seemed to be much more success with culture system with not much more work or $, the wick technique itself i will keep using combined with the culture system to insure the plant is always at least hydrated.

"PLAY GOD, GROW HYDRO"

Thanks

Tiki torch wicks just don't get the job done. Use 11 mm nylon rope, not the plastic looking stuff but the more expensive white rope. loop it up into the soil near the top with the ends dipping to the bottom of the reservoir, one of these for every 4 litres soil. A well set up wick system has no equal as low maintenance growing. You don't need an aerator generally but I have on some grows run a bubbler for an hour or so every 24 hours to keep things stirred up. You need a bit better water holding medium than straight perlite, I like 3 parts perlite, 1 part peat moss and one part automotive floor sweep (Fullers earth).

Thanks

I have a quick question I'm have two plants( hydro) and I haven't figured out the nuits situation I'm using dyna grow howuch of each should I put in my res?????

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,117 Times

could this method be implemented for use in soil?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,117 Times

Any answers people?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 32,237 Times

No sure on soil but water hydro systems and coco it works well with

sig by ganjaholic

current grow a multi strain bonanza perp run
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=129609

[cheisel the one kilo plant
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ad.php?t=99634complete
    kali snapple mother treehttps://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...le-mother-treecomplete
    forum rules please read
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ules-And-Facts
    Completeagent orange kali snapple critical kush sweettooth https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-critical-kush
    completehttps://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...lowering-diary

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FACE For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (30-05-14), PJR71 (30-05-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

Quote Originally Posted by PJR71 View Post
    could this method be implemented for use in soil?
    Be ok for ornamental plants just to keep them ticking over and looking nice, but not really for crop plants where you want to be banging loads of nutes into them...Water/feed through the top for best results. You want to be able to flush any unused elements and salts out and bring fresh nutes & oxygenated water in.

For soil/compost water through the top when it drys out, keeps things nice a fresh round the rhizosphere. Thats my opinion anyway

Regards BL

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

foopa (05-06-19), PJR71 (30-05-14)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast