Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Suspected Ph problems, little help

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,843 Times

Default Suspected Ph problems, little help

I was checking one of my old plants earlier and it's not doing too well the lower leaves are yellowing and going dry and the leafs tips are curling down, and it's growing very slowly, I checked the water with a ph test (water and tester in a little vial) and it shows me that the water is 8...

Could someone help me in what to do and how to fix it, as my new babys are going to get the same problem if I dont act fast and I really don't want that happening... Do I need to check the ph of the soil aswel? I don't know how with my kit

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,061 Times

yep thats deffo to high on the ph,im having the same problems with 2 of my plant but the other 6 seem fine,i also have no way to test the soil ph(ive got a soil ph tester from B&Q but its shit)all i did to help mine was half the strenght of there feeds(bio grow,bloom an top max)an that started to bring the green back to the leafs slowly,hope this helps,you got any pics?

Thanks

Well i've just brought some ph down of eBay to sort it out, that way I can just change my water ph which should in turn chane my soils ph? Na I haven't got any pics I'm on my phone as my comp has died

Thanks

get yourself a good ph tester its realy worth paying for the good quilty there are cheap ones out there but they dont seem to be relibable same time a good tester to see how dry/wet the soil is,,there could be a few resons for this 1st things 1st get your ph to around 6-6.5 in soil allso check for hotspots within the soil if it has been in the same soil /compost ,for a while what i have been finding with all the diffrent soils/compost,s nowdays is they all are quick as possible put together for the ever incressing garden maket,, in other words it has not all broken down properly the most easyway to get nearly allmost no hotspots is sive it first remove all the lumps of unbroken bits and pices out and chuck only use the good from the compost/soil i found this seems to be working with good results ,,how old is the plant?? how long has in been in the soil its in??? getting ph down easy same as rising,,she may need a good feed if she depending on how long she been sat in her pot..what size pot?? but 1st go get a good moister tester and ph tester ,,theres some in the shop check it outgood luck and god bless
    try get some pic,s
    Fact not Fiction
    its not the SIZE of your colaits the way it smokes

Thanks

to be honest im not that worried about the plant, i just want to know how to get my ph up

but the plant is 4 weeks old in a 5iinch diameter pot, but the plant itself is very small no taller than 15cm, im using john innes no.1 for my other seedlings and its a very fine mixture so for them it shouldnt be a problem., but the soil used on the older plant was unknown from a bag that had been there god knows how long... lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bealey View Post
    to be honest im not that worried about the plant, i just want to know how to get my ph up
    shouldn't that be down??
    you only need a droplet of pH down to change the water's pH balance,
    have you got it sussed yet mate?

Quote Originally Posted by Bealey View Post
    but the plant is 4 weeks old in a 5iinch diameter pot, but the plant itself is very small no taller than 15cm, im using john innes no.1 for my other seedlings and its a very fine mixture so for them it shouldnt be a problem., but the soil used on the older plant was unknown from a bag that had been there god knows how long... lol
    sounds like your plant is needing repotted asap too
    a 4 week old plant in a 5" pot will be completely rootbound
    "If i cant smoke and swear im F**KED!"
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/image.php?u=5246&type=sigpic&dateline=1249748262
    THCTalk recommends Greens Horticulture for all your growing needs
    if iv been of some help to you please take a second and press the thanks button, cheers

Thanks

Thanks dj that's what I meant down :| well I've ordered my ph down and yeah I will be able to get the water Down, but will that lower my soils ph quickly? Yeah I prob should but these are my old plants so I don't really care abou them I'm concentrating on my new strains but I will find a pot and do it

Thanks

Oh and how do i test the ph of my soil with a liquid testing kit, I can test the water and it's light green (says 8ph) so I'm assuming the soil will be around that If I'm using it to water them

Thanks

Anyone? Really need to know answer asap

Thanks

PH down you water to 6-6.5 and water your plants. Ideally your soil will buffer it to 7 which is ideal for soil.

For a rough test of the soil PH. Water until you start getting run off in from the pot and measure the PH of that (run off).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast