Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: A BASIC GUIDE TO CFL's

Thanks

Would you ever use CFLs over a HPS in a situation where you are say growing hydro, in a tent, in a spare room, or are they for enclosed spaces only really? Im a beginner and will be tent growing and would CFLs be worth consdiering?

Thanks

androv lightbulbs are brilliant

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ASHMIESTER For This Useful Post:

blowpipe (04-03-11), PhilZenMaster (19-10-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,875 Times

CFL for veg is ok but flowering I would say use an HPS 600watt

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Wrams For This Useful Post:

Harrold (18-06-17)

FZjb Guest

Cfls should only be used in places where its unviable to use HPS.

If you CAN,use HPS over CFL in flower. you'll improve yeild that is all. no potency improvement.

its all about the space and the ££ with CFL (small space or no money to spend on lighting)

Thanks

I disagree with what you have just said purely out of experience. I used a 250watt Blue U8 CFL on 6 plants and a 400watt HPS on 4 plants in veg stage, the CFL made the plants bigger and seemd to give them more stems whereas the 400watt HPS gave each plant a main stem and a few very small branches.

I will continue to you CFL's for veg and HPS for flowering. My flowering HPS is a 600watt now and I have since purchased another 600watt to run along side it on my next grow (Touch Wood) and will continue to until I get better plants sizes and stems from an HPS, Yes there fantastic and I coudn't live without it but for flowering only because the CFL red I don't think is intense enough to produce massive amounts of bud.

Thats my opinion and everyone will have different opinions so to be honest if your in 2 minds then I would use CFL (Cheaper) and HPS flower for bigger buds.

I also clone under a 250watt CFL setup from a distance of around 24-36 inch away and and outlet only to take come of the heat away from my little babies Click on the Cloned - Big Buddha Bubble Cheese link in my sig to see how healthy my clones are under a 250watt CFL!!
    Last edited by Wrams; 09-03-10 at 10:32 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wrams View Post
    I also have my lights off during the night because its harder for thermal imagine to pick up heat signatures during the day. So my 12/12 cycle runs like this:
    I've always wondered about this. Thats exactly what my mate said, to which I responded. How often have you seen camera copters out at 2am? If they're out that late its usually for chasing cars. And when I've seen em on those tv police camera action programs, its always daytime.

Just a bit of food for thought

Thanks

Well mate your wrong there, your looking through a camera for thermal imaging and even though it looks like its day time its usually dusk or evening that most of the helicopters are out. I have researched quite alot into this and received answers that I suspected all along, I didn't say it wouldn't pick it up I just said its harder to pick up thermal imaging during the day, Also the atmospher is warmer during the day than it is at night so that also impairs the vision of the themal imaging equipment drastically. Do some research and use the net to your advantage. I can tell you this from experience too. I have quite alot of friends who grow and the ones that switch off at night have never been busted but the ones who have switched on at night have.

Thermal imaging equipment is not always in the helicopter anyway because the equipment is actually on loan from local electricity companies because of the cost, so whenever you see an helicopter in the sky weather it be day or night it might not even have the equipment onboard. UK Police don't own there own themal imaging equipment and borrow it from your local leccy company!!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wrams For This Useful Post:

brownfinga (16-03-11), Mart_Aitch (07-08-16), taylor (07-03-11), Thewiginthenorth (04-11-14)

FZjb Guest

I made this thread to make others aware of the benefits of growing with CFLS' , My mistake as i use the words HPS, i should use HIDS.

Please dont start disagreeing within this thread. its not a HID v CFL debate thread.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FZjb View Post
    I made this thread to make others aware of the benefits of growing with CFLS' , My mistake as i use the words HPS, i should use HIDS.

Please dont start disagreeing within this thread. its not a HID v CFL debate thread.
    I totally agree with you. Can we all please go back to topic...? Thank you!!

Thanks

that was a great read thanks alot mate!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sci-Pe For This Useful Post:

PhilZenMaster (19-10-11)

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast