Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: H160 x W120 x D60cm Grow tent best possible soil setup please

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,573 Times

Default H160 x W120 x D60cm Grow tent best possible soil setup please

After thinking of turning my loft into a veg room my girlfriend soon put end to that so gotta go with the dr120w tent to fit in space. Tent will be used to veg for approx 6-7 weeks before moving. 2 questions

1 - how many plants recommend for tent this size for veging? (got bigget tent to move them to for flower approx 8ft)

2 - List of best equipment for this tent including whether you would have 1 or maybe 2 lights in a tent of this size, money not to much of an issue

This will be setup in about 3 weeks but want to get it all ordered asap so not rushing to get things sorted

Ladies & Gents thanks for ya time

Thanks

thats a little smaller then my flower area and im going for 4 plants of nice size ,im be using 250w blue CFL for Vegging .if moneys no issue then you could go for a 250-400w Mh ballast lamp for vegging and vegg like 6-8 plants easy (remember to introduce light slowly) and you will need good extraction ,and they should fit in your bigger tent,also if you got money go hydroponic you could spend £400-600 on a fully automatic hydro system ,then you would only have to change water/nutes every 2 weeks .also get the best temp,humidity,ph,Ec,lumen meters you can.
    also to make life easya large heated propagator,fan speed controller. hope this helps buddy

Thanks

Cheers Bigmurhy, im going with soil for the moment as im new to all this and just getting my head round the soil, hydro is something i want to learn about extensively first and then give it a go. i want to veg about 8 flowers in there for approx 5-6 weeks and lighting i was thinking either 1 x 600w hid or maybe 2 x 250w hid so the light will be spread more over the tent. what you think?

Thanks

you only need to veg for four weeks mate and if your big tent holds 8 fully grpwn you need your veg tent to have space for mums and cloning area and veggin your 8 plants heated propergater id have a blue cfl hanging over that and for your moms id use a 400w halide which will also be good enough for veggin smaller plants you just bring them up to the top of the canopy hight you need fans extracion timers all the stuff you got now basically just diff lights

medicine / bio-fuel / oxygen / building materials / proteins and essential oils/ plastics
    and textiles/ hygiene products / tree-less paper - and this is an ILLEGAL plant??
    name one other thing in this world that has all those benefits!

Thanks

well pretty jealous for a start you must have a great flower space if your putting all this into a veg room .i say 2 x 250 as it will disperse better .also if you veg 5-6 weeks your gonna have some big plants at the half way -im guessing you will flower for like 9-12 weeks, your gonna have some really big plants when you finish, even in a big tent 8 big plants could be a sqeeze .whats the size of flower area ? how many watts you got to flower?

Thanks

its approx 220cm width x 200cm x 180cm though might be 150cm i measured the other day and cant remember the depth.....doh! anyway currently using 2 x 600w hid in there, currently have 7 plants in tehre which im gonna start to flower at about 4-5 weeks was gonna wait till 6 but iv had an emergancy donation of 4 blueberry already to start to flower so gonna try and get them in, what you think? but after that ill be doing just the 8 at a time

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by born2toke View Post
    you only need to veg for four weeks mate and if your big tent holds 8 fully grpwn you need your veg tent to have space for mums and cloning area and veggin your 8 plants heated propergater id have a blue cfl hanging over that and for your moms id use a 400w halide which will also be good enough for veggin smaller plants you just bring them up to the top of the canopy hight you need fans extracion timers all the stuff you got now basically just diff lights
    As usual thanks for the input....appreciated. I want to keep a mother but if i was to keep in my veg room would she eventually not outgrow it height wise or would it be just a case of chopping the head off her? also iv read bad comments on here about heated props that they burnt there seeds, if i was to get a propergator and just leave in the tent, wouldnt the heat from the tent be enough?

Thanks

If money is no issue get yourself a wilma drip system saves much hassle, you can use any medium you like to grow in and theyr great simple little systems and if you do fancy a change to hydro you can still use the system, the plants get a little cramped if you put a pot in every space but if you space them out diagonally and only put half the plants what you suppose to they got plenty space.

Thanks

Thanks Eddie ill have a look into them, i cant belive how addicted iv got to all this shit! my girlfriend is ill with it. She knows once i get something in my head i go at it full on. my news years resolution of paying her more attention has gone right out the window!

Thanks

yea imo with 1200w you can just do 11 just make sure you turn and swap a bit so they get even light ,and it wont be a quick or big grow ,its a bit more work aswell, 8 is the best for that space. i havent used a heated , i just have a sweet spot in my grow room that i stick the prop in ,in winter i have a heated banket thats in a bin bag for cold days

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast