buy vapors

Thread: PPM/EC/CF chart

Deep underground in my secret nuclear bunker.
    Thanks

Default PPM/EC/CF chart

Last edited by marijuanamat; 20-06-07 at 05:48 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marijuanamat For This Useful Post:

Cyborg (03-01-13), DangerDragon (08-10-11), Joe green (07-09-12), King Chong (05-09-12), maenam (02-10-13)

Thanks

got a question on this, ive got a TDS-139A meter, so what do i go with in regards to this chart??
    Everyone has the right to be stupid, Some people just abuse that right!!

My grow Diary

Thanks

This is going to sound stupid but can someone explain what this chart means as its like a drawing from albert einsteins (sp) book of plans or something lol, i know i know its easy to understand when you know how so thats why i am asking some kind person to explain it for new guys like me

Thanks

The outer 2 columns are levels of nutrient strength in the water, measured as a Conductivity Factor (CF) or Elecrical Conductivity (EC). The inner 3 columns are the equivalent in Parts Per Million for 3 different makes of meter.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Chronic For This Useful Post:

captianzanax (10-02-12), jason79 (07-06-12)

Thanks

might be stupid question but im new to growing but how do i no what levels my nutes should be at ?? any help ?

Thanks

sorry this would prob help lol just had a wake n bake so not really with it give me half hour two more j's n some more coffee and all will be normal again. im growing in coco with canna a n b nutes with canna boost and using bloombastic towards the end and have been getting around 3 n half dry have been growin a sativa strain but this takes up far too much room so have just germinated some barneys lsd n blue cheese want to see what there like. ive been giving them the mixture that it tells me on the back but still think am over nuting as leaves look like they have nute burn from what ive seen on here.

Happy Tokin

Thanks

hi peeps i have a question regarding the table ive just got a new meter and calibrated it and ive found out mine is the truncheon one....

now ive seen on a dvd i watch never to go above 1600ppm...

now looking at the chart my ppm level is alot higher than all the others so can i only go to 1600ppm with or say can i got to 2240ppm as this is 1600ppm on the hanna chart?

i hope some one can clear this up for me

Thanks
    Thanked 9,808 Times in 5,089 Posts

2240 is way too high I dont know a plant that could take that.
    personally 1800 is max on the truncheon
    It really is a question of keeping the feed in the sweet spot for the plants in there particular enviroment

Thanks
    Thanked 1,543 Times in 884 Posts

What chart do I use if my EC pen is not listed...? Which would be the most reliable and more worthy of using any pen against it..? I can't see a name on my cheapo pen and my digital combo meter needs calibrating which I will do next week sometime if I can be arsed

Icon you also mention "Sweet Spot" but how do I tell which plant like what "Sweet Spot"?
    Complete DIY Start to Finish Grow Room

Key Points Of Harvest Time

Thanks

Hi growers
    I'm new to this, I've bought a truncheon the guy in the shop told me to start of with young plants the Reading should be 18-20 for the first week. Then 20-21 in the second week. 21-22 3rd week. 22-23 4th week then 24 for the rest of the grow. I'm using a nft system. 600w lights. And the feed is vitalink a+b grow. What's your views on the advise given does it sound about right
    cheers

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlad00 View Post
    got a question on this, ive got a TDS-139A meter, so what do i go with in regards to this chart??
    ppm a tds meter is used for messuring the part per million in water

Thanks

EC or PPM values are relative. In other words, different nutes are going to be at different levels. Different strains of cannabis like to be at different levels. I wouldn't say that I'm using 1600 ppm of Nute X and recomend anyone to use the same for whatever nute selection they are using. I just use the values for my own tracking of my graduating solution. Also, and this one burned me, everybody has different water to start with. Make sure you check your tap water first. My water is pretty high, around 325. There's chlorine, ammonia, and who knows what else in there! Now I fill a couple 5 gallon buckets and run a bubbler in there for a few days. I also toss a maintenance dose of about 1/2 tablespoon per gallon of epsom salts every once in awhile. Then as I increase the strength of my nutrient solution I try to find where the tips of the leaves are just starting to show a little burn. Then I just back off a couple hundred ppm's. Seems to work for me!
    One more thing. Different PPM TDS pens use a different conversion factor as shown in the first row under the pen name. I've owned a couple and both had to be recalibrated after I bought them. Most hydro stores carry a calibration solution for each conversion.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to donnydduck For This Useful Post:

DangerDragon (08-10-11)

Khamun Guest

Just started my first AutoPot, coco grow.. In the 2nd week now, day 10 and Ive just refilled my tank and the EC is 1.8....
    My question is, will my Ec drop in the tank or do I have to run some tank solution through my pots and check the Ec of the run off? Like it says on the Autopot site.

Thanks

thanks for posting this no doubt ill have to refer to very soon

Thanks

after a week of learning the light inside my head finally went on and i can now figure out my readings,thanks to all of you one this page for your questions and answers
    i thought only i was "thick as a brick"
    Well, I've pondered with reality for years, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.
    captainzanax 1878-1905

19. The Following User Says Thank You to captianzanax For This Useful Post:

dynodave (12-09-12)

Thanks

Hi,, Sorry to add to your thread but for you info i am in week 3 of an lsd grow and i finished one around 8 weeks ago, its the shortest strain i have grow but had impressive yeild, they dont grow much taller when put into flower so would veg for a little longer..... :-))

21. The Following User Says Thank You to tony4004 For This Useful Post:

dynodave (12-09-12)

Thanks

Thats strNge ive got same set up and me friends advise start from1.2 then follow ya plants and c how much there taking every 3 days then count back on nutrients add to rese then measure again. Every week your cf should be rising buy. 2/3

Thanks

Just found this, very handy little chart as I will be using a bluelab truncheon and a meter without EC, great for conversions!

Thanks

thanks mate