Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: PPM/EC/CF chart

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlad00 View Post
    got a question on this, ive got a TDS-139A meter, so what do i go with in regards to this chart??
    ppm a tds meter is used for messuring the part per million in water

Thanks

EC or PPM values are relative. In other words, different nutes are going to be at different levels. Different strains of cannabis like to be at different levels. I wouldn't say that I'm using 1600 ppm of Nute X and recomend anyone to use the same for whatever nute selection they are using. I just use the values for my own tracking of my graduating solution. Also, and this one burned me, everybody has different water to start with. Make sure you check your tap water first. My water is pretty high, around 325. There's chlorine, ammonia, and who knows what else in there! Now I fill a couple 5 gallon buckets and run a bubbler in there for a few days. I also toss a maintenance dose of about 1/2 tablespoon per gallon of epsom salts every once in awhile. Then as I increase the strength of my nutrient solution I try to find where the tips of the leaves are just starting to show a little burn. Then I just back off a couple hundred ppm's. Seems to work for me!
    One more thing. Different PPM TDS pens use a different conversion factor as shown in the first row under the pen name. I've owned a couple and both had to be recalibrated after I bought them. Most hydro stores carry a calibration solution for each conversion.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to donnydduck For This Useful Post:

DangerDragon (08-10-11)

Khamun Guest

Just started my first AutoPot, coco grow.. In the 2nd week now, day 10 and Ive just refilled my tank and the EC is 1.8....
    My question is, will my Ec drop in the tank or do I have to run some tank solution through my pots and check the Ec of the run off? Like it says on the Autopot site.

Thanks

thanks for posting this no doubt ill have to refer to very soon

Thanks

after a week of learning the light inside my head finally went on and i can now figure out my readings,thanks to all of you one this page for your questions and answers
    i thought only i was "thick as a brick"
    Well, I've pondered with reality for years, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.
    captainzanax 1878-1905

7. The Following User Says Thank You to captianzanax For This Useful Post:

dynodave (12-09-12)

Thanks

Hi,, Sorry to add to your thread but for you info i am in week 3 of an lsd grow and i finished one around 8 weeks ago, its the shortest strain i have grow but had impressive yeild, they dont grow much taller when put into flower so would veg for a little longer..... :-))

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tony4004 For This Useful Post:

dynodave (12-09-12)

Thanks

Thats strNge ive got same set up and me friends advise start from1.2 then follow ya plants and c how much there taking every 3 days then count back on nutrients add to rese then measure again. Every week your cf should be rising buy. 2/3

Thanks

Just found this, very handy little chart as I will be using a bluelab truncheon and a meter without EC, great for conversions!

Thanks

thanks mate

Thanks

apologies for bumping an old thread, but me ec pen gave up life and i bought a cheap TDS meter. I simply put the tds meter in ec conductivity 1.413, checked ppm and checked which on the chart was most relevant and got the conversion factor of hanna mode. hope this helps others out in a similar situation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2