Thanks! This helped me decide to grow hydro

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Boudicca For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-06-18)

Thanks

super helpful

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mr miller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-06-18)

Thanks

soo much useful information on here i should be able to get growing real soon

6. The Following User Says Thank You to pleco For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-06-18)

Thanks

True man, very true

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tonkaman For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-06-18)

Thanks

Hydro Drip System, worked fine for me

10. The Following User Says Thank You to KraftY For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-06-18)

Thanks

In my personal opinion I do love hidro and also do love organic soil, a good grower should learn how to culture in both. At the end both end up in exactly the same ... give your plants what they need.. in hidro you use a lot of salts that if done right will be transformed into organic moleculas and so your plant grows ...
    It boils down to the same in soil ... microorganisms degrade organic Mather that in essence is just nutritional elements with carbons attached to then into smaller moleculas that plants can absorbe and use to build up ... the differences are big but in the end it boils down to the same ...
    So I do prefer using what I consider best of both ... at the end of the day what matters is how good of a plant you can grow ....

Want to make an observation about a comment someone did ... "hidro get a nasty taste"... you only get a bad taste and a bad smoke if your plants did store nutritional elements that couldn't be transformed into organic moleculas (and that is the fault of lazy people who just buy pre mixed nuts and use them in an irresponsible way ) (the only one that gets the big pice of cake is the nuts producer ) if you want really good hidro learn to make your own nut blends and have in mind you won't get it nor at the first nor the tenth try .. it takes really long to learn and adjust a really good formula for your environment, management & genetics )...

And yep you can also get really nasty smokes with organics if you do things in a bad manner however it's less likely. ..

For a new grower I would recommend just to buy a lot of really cheap seeds start with the basics just in soil and 2 50 w CFL and get in the mood to accept that you will loose some plants along the way, but you will gain experience with this mistic plant ... and eventually you will find what suits best for you...

Enviado desde mi SM-T285M mediante Tapatalk

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Gndpl For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,434 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Gndpl View Post
    In my personal opinion I do love hidro and also do love organic soil, a good grower should learn how to culture in both. At the end both end up in exactly the same ... give your plants what they need.. in hidro you use a lot of salts that if done right will be transformed into organic moleculas and so your plant grows ...
    It boils down to the same in soil ... microorganisms degrade organic Mather that in essence is just nutritional elements with carbons attached to then into smaller moleculas that plants can absorbe and use to build up ... the differences are big but in the end it boils down to the same ...
    So I do prefer using what I consider best of both ... at the end of the day what matters is how good of a plant you can grow ....

Want to make an observation about a comment someone did ... "hidro get a nasty taste"... you only get a bad taste and a bad smoke if your plants did store nutritional elements that couldn't be transformed into organic moleculas (and that is the fault of lazy people who just buy pre mixed nuts and use them in an irresponsible way ) (the only one that gets the big pice of cake is the nuts producer ) if you want really good hidro learn to make your own nut blends and have in mind you won't get it nor at the first nor the tenth try .. it takes really long to learn and adjust a really good formula for your environment, management & genetics )...

And yep you can also get really nasty smokes with organics if you do things in a bad manner however it's less likely. ..

For a new grower I would recommend just to buy a lot of really cheap seeds start with the basics just in soil and 2 50 w CFL and get in the mood to accept that you will loose some plants along the way, but you will gain experience with this mistic plant ... and eventually you will find what suits best for you...

Enviado desde mi SM-T285M mediante Tapatalk
    I have tried systems in the past, most all work, it is a weed. I like the system that has the least need for human interference so i am going to use dirt on my next grow. I am not saying any one is better as it is a matter of choice, how much detail and equipment you want to purchase. I have not grown in some time so I find dirt very forgiving if you don't have to much human interference.lol as I have equipment this choice was not based on costs. I also find that the seasons outside reflect which method I chose.in the summer when battling warmer temperatures I do like a simple flood and drain system.

When I get caught back up to speed on the changes of the newer styles of grows I am sure I will try some, as the challenge of a new system and the learning curve is also enjoyable. Great thread a lot of great insights.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 420Rancher For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-06-18), Valentina (01-04-18)

Thanks

Good read this

16. The Following User Says Thank You to colboyxx For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-06-18)

Thanks

I'm a new grower. Just in the process of setting up a 1m X 1m X 2m tent in my loft. It's really the only place I can grow but I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I was gonna go with soil but I don't fancy having to lug compost up through my loft hatch and then when I've done my grow fetch it all back down again. I was looking at a Wilma 4 pot drip feeder in clay pebbles as I have a water supply up there and I can rig a drain plug up so that it can empty into the drain pipes out side. I've been told they are noisy but I've seen that you can get good results with them. Any input will be appreciated.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Soss77 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,434 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Soss77 View Post
    I'm a new grower. Just in the process of setting up a 1m X 1m X 2m tent in my loft. It's really the only place I can grow but I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I was gonna go with soil but I don't fancy having to lug compost up through my loft hatch and then when I've done my grow fetch it all back down again. I was looking at a Wilma 4 pot drip feeder in clay pebbles as I have a water supply up there and I can rig a drain plug up so that it can empty into the drain pipes out side. I've been told they are noisy but I've seen that you can get good results with them. Any input will be appreciated.
    As long as you can keep the "soup" cool, as lofts can get pretty warm and 20deg would be a target number, chillers, air conditioning. Can make this possible. Pond liners are a must. many a grower can tell you thier story of some of the joys of hydroponics.

Check it out, grow started march 11............ Flip May 1st
    Led lighting various soils
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-dirt-4x4-tent

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 420Rancher For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-06-18), Soss77 (14-06-18)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast