Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Choosing your first system

Thanks

Very good article mate, more people should read it I think
    "One cannot help but ponder the strange dichotomy that a nation based on establishing individual freedom has now outlawed every substance which might aid in the exploration of that last and most important frontier, the human mind."
    [B]
    Checkout my new thctalk inspired blog at: http://thcblog.co.uk/

All the Cannabis E-books you will need:
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...972#post197972

2. The Following User Says Thank You to magiclight For This Useful Post:

vibezfoundation (07-01-20)

Thanks

good info mate

Thanks

Great article, cheers mate.

Thanks

Great post for someone who plans to start growing very soon. will be doing ALOT of reading again ha. thanks!

Thanks

You can just combine hydro and organics with Coco hempys... almost the same rate of growth as dwc, just a tad bit slower. but you can use organic nutes in it. Atleast from what i've read
    someone please correct me if im wrong lol.

Thanks

i've just started my first grow, got 8 paradise seeds ice-cream just popping their little heads out of the rockwool cubes, after reading forums for a few months it seemed hydro was the way to go, this could b because i'm a bit of a control freak and like the more technical way of growing.
    To me soil seemed too unpredictable and would of been harder to control,rockwool, clay pebbles and a wilma system seems so simple i don't understand why most aren't doing it.

Thanks

Just stay a way from wilma sistom they are dreadful ha ha ha
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipYPL...e_gdata_player

I've got it I am making a new Chees LOL got the strains as well i am going to call it cathedral chees (mature as well) just for the Chees lovers and I will be making sumthink called MMD mideam hight fat hugey buds and I think it will be one of the bes tasting around just because of th stanis so I will let you no!!!!!
    Let me no what you all think ?

Thanks

Ow and it's all on the space you have got to work with if you have got 1 meter just mk a DWC go for 30liter and good silont air pump one plant you will love the yield

Starsky & Hutch Pinball Champion!
    Thanks

Hi Steptoe, welcome to the growing community. If you have more height than width or depth in you space, why do you want to choose an autoflowering? These are low growing plants and you will get better results using a non-auto seed. As far as the smell of your crop goes, you will need a carbon filter system if you want to eliminate smells (auto or non auto!) . I paid £100 (plus £35 for delivery) for a pro rhino 5" system form the internet. If you are growing in a space where other people have access to, this should be your no.1 concern. You will probably only need to run your filter while in flowering mode as the veg state is not too smelly. My Rhino is very quiet, although you could hear it in a silent room, its still better than being able to smell flowering plants two streets away! I have been advised by various people not to try to cut costs with filters, as you tend to get what you pay for, two different head shops recommended rhinos as the filter will last for two years or longer (depending on use). I have a Mylar lined tent, with the filter fitted as high as I could get it and just a vent port (no intake fan) for passive ventilation @ the bottom. I`m using the same type of soil as you mention above, bio buzz feeds and high pressure sodium lights. I keep my lights about 8"-14" above my plants. Respect to you for not putting your hard earned into the hands as criminals and growing your own. A man after my own heart! Also, if you have that sort of height, why not add a shelf into your space, invest in another light, and have two spaces? One for veg and another for flowering. That way you can clone from your mother plant and have a continual source of flowering plants. Hope this helps.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dougthehead For This Useful Post:

cradletograve (10-02-18), dtfmj (26-09-12), HazeyGav (19-09-14), newmummy (03-09-16), tlh2496 (11-01-15)

Thanks

I stand to learn a lot from you all!

I clearly need to prepare my space in the loft, and then work to the dimensions. My biggest issue is temp control :/

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast