Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Choosing your first system

Thanks

im just about to start first time,have a few double berry seeds any good? have a grow tent 100x100x160 a 144 wat led grow light with veg lighting and switch on the side for flowering dont know what its like,
    have a few questions......
    if i by a inline fan and carbon filter and have them in the top of the tent i dont need another inline in the bottom and can have the flaps on the bottom open right?
    am gonna use soil and will have to get this from a local garden centre which one should i buy?
    when i water do i have to mix with nutrients and if so which one?
    have a couple of clip on fans for the tent are these shit for the job and how many should i use?
    need to no more but really need some help please

Thanks

So what's the best to chose for first time growth indoor ? Let's say I have the funds of 1k euro to invest +/-.. Thanks

Thanks

i'm only on my first grow using soil and have totally abused the whole process but they ladies are still alive. i left the seedlings in damp soil for a week in darkness, had fungus gnats, cured them, had nute burn by overfeeding, had heat issues with ventilation / extraction, wilting by underwatering, etc, etc. been a massive learning curve but thanks to this forum and trial and error, i've got a setup that is fully prepped for next run. yes, i've taken a reduced yield, but, was growing 4 different strains and i think the soil has been more forgiving that hydro.

corla: for your first run, go with soil, it's easier to setup and allows for more newbie (same as me) mistakes. you only have to worry about a stable lights on/off temp, ph levels (soil is a good medium for ph buffering so if the ph is a bit high, the soil should sort it out) and better to underfeed as overfeed/overwater.

get a dr120 tent, 5" ruck fan for extraction with a rhino pro carbon filter, 4" rhino for intake, some organic soil, decent feed for veg/bloom, a ph tester, hydrometer and a decent digital ballast for a 400/600watt hps bulb and with the help of this forum, your good to go ;

Thanks

ikdj2003, this is not in relation to hydro v organic, but need your help, so ive posted this.... i desperately want to grow my own cannabis via soil method ( as hydro not sure of). been reading a few members and they all agree the kits are not worth it. i have 2 cupboards spare ,both are 2mx1.5mx 60inches depth. i would like to buy a tent seperate and then all the other equipment to put in the tent, i am sure this will be ok. the help i need is that i do not know what to buy at all, a novice to growing but not smoking. can anyone please send me links to emails ( etc) that can offer me all the equipment i need to grow 1 - 3 plants.also a little book with illustrations to show how to set up.i can access info on the importance of growing cannabis from online, but just dont know what kit i need,or where to buy from. please help as the cannabis will for sure be of good use, especially to my auntie whom suffers clinical depression, and she loves a spliff of a nite time for bedtime. i would rather her have a toke,than a few doubles of whisky anytime,plus weed is a natural source in my book and my aunie would love this,also i would love as well. any links please plus any links to quick guide books for set-up. thankyou for reading my help statement. ive been told about £180 for a first setup. thankx jase,UK

Thanks

nice thread

Thanks

great read

Thanks

It's was very impressive comparison.
    Nice Nice.

Thanks

Always been organic for me

Thanks

100% disagree that a hydroponic grow is a wast of money for personal growing.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HydroGrowYo For This Useful Post:

Greencrack102 (06-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,859 Times

Quote Originally Posted by corla View Post
    So what's the best to chose for first time growth indoor ? Let's say I have the funds of 1k euro to invest +/-.. Thanks
    coco for ease but you,ll need a ph meter and ec meter

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Murdock For This Useful Post:

Fieldy (08-04-14)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast